Steam deck portable handheld gaming PC from Valve

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is there anyway to make looting in aRPG's on the deck not suck total balls?

I'd love to play Ghostlore and Grim Dawn but looting shit really slows down the pace...

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Is there anyway to make looting in aRPG's on the deck not suck total balls?

I'd love to play Ghostlore and Grim Dawn but looting shit really slows down the pace...
I use a keyboard and mouse with mine as necessary.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Autoloot mods? No clue if they exist, but might be worth looking at.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

The ROG Ally firmware update improves the power management and it gets a 20% boost in performance for the same wattage. I'm not sure if this includes the final driver for the Z1, but that was expected to boost performance as well.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After playing with my Anbernic emulator device for a few days I started looking at the Steam deck. The Anbernic is fine for emulation but it caps out at PS1 games. So would be nice to have a system that can do all the way to even Switch.

Also could be used for some bedtime D4 playing with the upcoming release when I don't feel like sitting at the PC.

Is the 64GB worth it? I tend to buy the "best" option when I get systems and even Phones and always end up not even using their potential. The 64gb version feels like it's priced right and then add a 512 or 1024gb sd card (or even buy a new m2 drive for it). The 256 and 512 are quite a bit more in price so not sure if I want to spend that much for them right now.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
After playing with my Anbernic emulator device for a few days I started looking at the Steam deck. The Anbernic is fine for emulation but it caps out at PS1 games. So would be nice to have a system that can do all the way to even Switch.

Also could be used for some bedtime D4 playing with the upcoming release when I don't feel like sitting at the PC.

Is the 64GB worth it? I tend to buy the "best" option when I get systems and even Phones and always end up not even using their potential. The 64gb version feels like it's priced right and then add a 512 or 1024gb sd card (or even buy a new m2 drive for it). The 256 and 512 are quite a bit more in price so not sure if I want to spend that much for them right now.
If you're comfortable opening electronics replacing the ssd is quite easy. Cheaper to buy the 64 and swap out to a 1 tb drive.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Ordered a 64gb yesterday. Will buy a 512gb sd card then maybe upgrade the internal drive later to 1tb.

Figured I'll use it for remote play on PS5 and Switch emulators mainly. And add the odd PC game every now and then.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Picked up the Ally this morning. Pretty dope. Going to come in handy on road trips for sure. Street fighter 6 and diablo 4 run pretty freakin good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Granted I play on Low, but D4 seems to run pretty well on the Deck too. I added a 1TB microSD after installing a few larger games, though.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Ordered a Samsung 1tb off Aliexpress. Way cheaper than in stores here in Sweden. Will take a month though to ship but will be worth it to have with a 512gb sd card.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pieces of shit. This always happens to me like right after I buy something. I’m gonna go pirate a few valve games for justice, assuming they’ve made any in the last decade

• 1Solidarity

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Steam Summer Sale time, aka the time where Valve shows us how nice the store could look.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Pieces of shit. This always happens to me like right after I buy something. I’m gonna go pirate a few valve games for justice, assuming they’ve made any in the last decade

let us know when you buy a new car or house

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Bro it’s like $40 lol

Aazrael

Yea fucking hell missing the sale with 2 weeks. But now I have modded the 64gb with a Samsung 1tb SSD allready.

Was just finished reimaging the SteamOS when I saw the sale. :p

Aazrael

Seems like you can petition and get the summer sale refunded as Steam bucks. Have not tried myself but might be a free game if you have the time to send a mail.