Steam deck portable handheld gaming PC from Valve

spronk

FPS noob
lqclqmtbagq71.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

steam deck teardown by valve, really neat to watch if you have a dick. wish they did more though, just shows basically one thumbstick + SSD

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

steam deck teardown by valve, really neat to watch if you have a dick. wish they did more though, just shows basically one thumbstick + SSD
Mist Mist please watch this video and report back with your feelings about it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well I mean everything will run on it, just depends on if it will run well enough. Any game with good performance/lots of options to tweak performance will run fine though.

• 1Like

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I think the draw for me is going through my 400 game backlog of old titles that I can play at work. It’s free games for me.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
the crazy thing will be running the ryujen (sic) switch emulator on it, which has options to upscale to 4K, do AA on games, run stuff at 60 fps, and put in mods. Metroid Dread and Breath of the Wild will likely run better on the steam deck than on an actual switch. Plus you can run all the N64/genesis/snes/etc emulators which are WAY higher quality than the shitty paid nintendo online ones.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Checked and mine got pushed from Q1 2022 to Q2 2022. I preordered within 15 minutes if them opening up.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob

1636592623816.png

22-222212_pepe-cry-sad-mommy-milky-pepe.png

apparently the earliest orders have a Feb 2022 date

Last edited:

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I just really hope Valve doesn't do like every tech company, themselves included, has been doing lately and abandon this idea in a few months / a couple years.

I could see this concept paying dividends for a LONG time if they actually have the patience to pull it off.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Random fb article about how deck is on target for release dates. Anyone from the super early crowd have a specific date? I'm still Q2 like i want to try and see any early identified problems

spronk

FPS noob
first steam dicks will start shipping in less than a month, order invites to pay will start going out Feb 25th

check your order status here

i think you have to be Q1 2022 to get in the first wave. I'm Q2 :(

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
first steam dicks will start shipping in less than a month, order invites to pay will start going out Feb 25th

check your order status here

i think you have to be Q1 2022 to get in the first wave. I'm Q2 :(
Like video cards way back when, whether you got Q1 2022 or later was the difference of seconds.

spronk

FPS noob
it was double fucked because if you pressed the button too many times Steam locked you out for like 3 hours

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
it was double fucked because if you pressed the button too many times Steam locked you out for like 3 hours
Ouch. I travel every week in a hotel and so the system seems amazing for my use case, however, the Switch also seems amazing for my use case and I don't even bring it along anymore.