Steam deck portable handheld gaming PC from Valve

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
If you have an existing steam account (bought something anytime before June 2021) you can preorder starting July 16th ?? time

not exactly sure when it ships

$399 for just the handheld

+?? extra for the dock

this is basically just a handheld PC, should be a MONSTER emulator machine

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That thing is impressive. You'll also be able to install RetroArch on it. It'll be the best portable retro system available.

spronk

FPS noob
$399 64gb
$529 256gb
$649 for 512gb

+ extra for dock

image0.jpg

does support microSD so not sure why you'd buy bigger internal, i gueess SSD faster than eMMC?

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Pretty interested in this, especially after the lackluster Switch coming this year. Will keep an eye out for impressions.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Fuckin sold. Steam library makes it an instant purchase.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

spronk

FPS noob
preorder page now up, $5 deposit required to preorder. Will go live friday July 16th at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT

1626371052461.png

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wonder if they support installing your own nvme in the base model.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
As someone who moved from PC to Consoles because I prefer a 55" Screen to a 27" Monitor...a 7" screen holds no interest to me. Heck I barely play on my iPad aside from Legends of Runeterra because I find 10" too small.

That being said, it's a pretty cool system, and seem to be priced nicely. Of course being able to access your steam library on a portable device is pretty cool.

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Dependant on wifi or able to get it on a plan? Id be terrified of dropping but would be nicer than my phone at work for 12 hours watching stuff and stuck with crap mobile games.

spronk

FPS noob
yes, as long as you "prep" first. You must run a game at least once while connected to authenticate and shit, after that you can run most games in offline mode no problem.

E6W3YZEXoAMrTgb

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Hopefully doesn't end up in the pile with steam link and controller

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully doesn't end up in the pile with steam link and controller

I thought that too. Either bc it just didn’t work as well as it should have and/or Valve just moved on to another pet project and stopped caring.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought that too. Either bc it just didn’t work as well as it should have and/or Valve just moved on to another pet project and stopped caring.
My thoughts exactly too. Plus, are those haptic pads on the front? Fuck. That. Steam Controller is still the single worst piece of hardware I have ever owned.

If it makes it to a v2 without Valve washing their hands of the whole thing, maybe I'd consider one.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users