STEAM HAS A NEW ICON

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Friend's cousin's neighbor's dog's walker's nephew is Gabe's cousin or something - he said it's confirmation of Half Life 4 - they're just skipping 3 at this point.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
THE NEW ICON IS ROUND. CIRCLES ARE DEFINED BY PI*R^2.

THE FIRST DIGIT OF PI IS 3. HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this new Steam icon does seem like some kind of consolized bullshit port to me.

That's it, sick of Valve's bullshit, I'm switching to Origin as my online games purchasing platform and content delivery network of choice.

WHO'S WITH ME?!?

spronk

FPS noob
i use uplay, its pretty cool and new you probably never heard of it

most torrented/pirated games by state

6aPOJiW.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Honestly, even if HL3 is confirmed who cares? It was a unique experience and setting 16 years ago. Now it's been beaten to death and surpassed. I loved HL1, didn't really care for HL2 (something about post-Soviet cities as a setting just didn't grab me) and the years between episodes killed any momentum the story had.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Because Valve has released nothing short of groundbreaking games ? It's a game from Valve, that's enough to make me line up with my wallet open.

Elerion

N00b
Honestly, even if HL3 is confirmed who cares? It was a unique experience and setting 16 years ago. Now it's been beaten to death and surpassed. I loved HL1, didn't really care for HL2 (something about post-Soviet cities as a setting just didn't grab me) and the years between episodes killed any momentum the story had.
Are you for real? HL2 and the episodes were fantastic, far better than the sour taste left by the last section of HL. They also ended on a pretty steep cliffhanger. I'm as skeptical as anyone that HL3 will come out in any reasonable time frame, but I'll be fanboy gushing hard when it's out. There's no single player game that could make me anywhere near as excited.

Also, with Portal 2 they showed that they still know how to make weave engaging single player worlds in a way that no one except maybe Ken Levine and Naughty Dog can get close to.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh man, that shit is never going to be made unless the steambox tanks.

That is the only case where I can imagine that they might make HL3 .

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
rrr_img_73657.jpg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Where is this new icon you speak of? Mine is the same as it has always been. Maybe I wasn't picked for the super-secret now-confirmed HL3 Alpha??

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where is this new icon you speak of? Mine is the same as it has always been. Maybe I wasn't picked for the super-secret now-confirmed HL3 Alpha??
Mine is absolutely a blue round orb thing instead of the rounded off corners black square, sir. And I'm using the "normal" non-beta client. [In the tray that is - launch icon appears the same still]

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Mine is absolutely a blue round orb thing instead of the rounded off corners black square, sir. And I'm using the "normal" non-beta client. [In the tray that is - launch icon appears the same still]
Ah gotcha, mine is too in the tray. Thanks.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Upgrading to the beta build would have shown you it was like that over a week ago.. #2kool

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
This isnt fucking Reddit Mist, as much as your sexually disoriented self would like it to be.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
God fucking damn it. All the fucking icons in my Tray are some gay blue or white or green. Now I can barely see Steam!

F.