SteamOS

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's not like it's hard to dual boot. You can setup the dual boot for Windows/Ubuntu by checking a single box in the Windows-based installer for Ubuntu. I'm sure the SteamOS installer will be the same way.
True wubi adds an entry to the windows boot manager but it is still not a true partition. Ubuntu runs like crap if you stick with a wubi installation.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sorry Tuco. Hug it out brah.
Ok you win. I think people like joeboo and a_skeleton_03 have dumb ideas about what valve is trying to do with the initial version of steamos. a_skeleton_03's statement about people who only use their PC for gaming/browsing are true gamers is pretty dumb too.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Ok you win. I think people like joeboo and a_skeleton_03 have dumb ideas about what valve is trying to do with the initial version of steamos. a_skeleton_03's statement about people who only use their PC for gaming/browsing are true gamers is pretty dumb too.
Since Sean is the only true gamer on this board, maybe we should defer to his thoughts on the subject.

xrg

Golden Squire
Did they put Wubi back in? Last Ubuntu release I remember them dropping it.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Since Sean is the only true gamer on this board, maybe we should defer to his thoughts on the subject.
Silly PCFags, PCs are for MMOs that aren't even ever on Steam. Buy a console. Like, duh.

Honestly though, I do not really care about SteamOS at all. I don't ever see it being something important to me. It'll be cool for whoever will use it, I'm sure. But if you're not going to, then who cares? Also, if Mantle is all it's cracked up to be and really takes off in game development then it's possible the supposed SteamOS performance benefits won't be as readily apparent.

SteamOS in the end is a hedge. Steam as a client / platform will still continue to exist on Windows, Mac, & Linux. Even though SteamOS will have "apps" such as internet radio services, netflix, etc. it clearly is not meant to replace a generalized desktop computer. Really its meant to go in the livingroom on steam machines where you won't be calculating figures in excel anyway. Eventually I think Valve would like to see the desktop OS move to linux as well since they will make money with their distribution service there. But Windows and Mac support won't be going away anytime soon.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Not seeing Black Mesa on steam.
frown.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you're into FPS you may as well play HL1 just for the history. There's a few very good levels in it. The one with the claw monster is still one of my favorite fps levels.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Climbing up that cliff face with the helicopter was probably the most memorable for me. I remember my palms sweating like crazy.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Steam-O's: Hardcore Gamer Breakfast Cereal

NOW WITH 100% OF YOUR DAILY RPM REQUIREMENTS!

khalid

Unelected Mod
Sean, please change my title back. I have now played HL2 hopefully shall beat it soon.

rrr_img_45095.jpg