Stellar Blade (April 26th, PS5)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1711875476715.png

Don't see a thread for this and feel like it's gonna be kind of a big deal, so here's one.

Played the demo and this game is pretty awesome. Not sure it does anything particularly new, but it has a cool futuristic vibe and some insanely hot women (thanks, Korean devs) alongside very Nier-like gameplay (Souls-like but quicker and more forgiving).

Of course, a lot of the value depends on how the finished game is. Will it have an big world with lots to do, or will it be a quick linear game? Who knows, but I did find the demo compulsively playable. As someone who is pretty much over AAA games entirely at this point, this one grabbed my attention.

Demo progress carries over to the launch game. Couple notes from the demo:

-There's Graphics, Performance, and Balanced modes for this one. Which is great, 3 things to give me choice paralysis instead of 2. On a current 65'' LG OLED I found that Balanced actually worked really well. Framerate difference between Performance and Balanced is negligible and barely noticeable, compared to how far both are above Graphics, while Balanced keeps some of the improvements of Graphics like better shading and less blur/fuzz.

-Tap-tapping block won't work for doing a perfect parry, like it does in Sekiro. Game demands good parry timing, and if your timing is off you're better off just holding block. Whenever I'm off on timing (usually because the enemy is swinging too slowly), and try to do a second block to catch the attack, I always get hit. So there seems to be a brief vulnerability window after dropping block or attempting a parry. This could be annoying, or it might be easy enough to get used to.

-The most gorgeous character (besides debatably the lead) dies pretty much right away. Considering she's framed as being more powerful than the lead, hopefully she comes back as a playable character, the villain, or both.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Good old fashioned T&A in a big budget game? If this sells well, it will be another nail in the coffin for DEI.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah demo was really fun, no PC port mentioned yet but its not a Sony company so I wouldn't be surprised if one comes eventually. Demo progress carries over into retail game, so you can play yourself if you have a ps5 and make up your own mind.

Demo was really fun but at this point I'm so far behind on games I'm not really buying anything new unless I have to play at launch, and FF rebirth didn't clear that bar and this certainly doesn't.

it is nice seeing tits & ass in video games again and I hope this sells well because thats the only way to get through the western devs barrier of "b-b-b-ut women want games with strong powerful ugly women who don't need no man and women are 90% of gamers now!"

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
there is a real korean mocap girl

they reworked her face b/c she is supposed to be chinese?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I know nothing about this game but I kind of want to purchase solely because I hate shitlibs.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Caliane

Watched a couple people play the demo.

I don't understand why they did the long ponytail, when their hair physics sucks so bad. its in your face the entire time and looks so bad.

Mauler is playing atm, and very amused that the skinsuit makes the game harder, by having no shields,

Miriams bunny suit in bloodstained is def weaker then playing normal.

edit: (you can adjust the hair in options)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand why they did the long ponytail, when their hair physics sucks so bad. its in your face the entire time and looks so bad.
The hair appears to be something you can shorten in the options
sb_options.jpg

• 3Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was actually thinking the MC's proportions are unrealistic (and thus less appealing to look at than, say, a Tifa). Then I come here and find out the MC was motion-capped from a real woman.

So I guess that kinda nullifies that argument. Still would prefer if she were a little less "idealized" and more like an actual hot woman you'd see walking around who wasn't 75% leg. Because she does kinda look like someone's idea of a perfect Realdoll or something.

I left the Long Ponytail on for the entire demo and enjoyed how it swished all over the place. However it does kinda get in the way and look ridiculous at times so I could see most people turning it down to Short Ponytail.

Finished the demo. After you beat the boss, it doesn't let you go back to where you were, you can only start over. So that's pretty lame. I wanted to explore more (had a bunch of side areas I hadn't looked into yet) and maybe grind a few levels (Enhanced Dodge, Enhanced Perfect Parry, and Double Dodge are super good skills for a grand total of 6 levels). However you can't go back in and explore or grind. Maybe they just didn't want you to. The only option is to start over. I assume the main game will pick up with whatever your stats were when you beat the first boss. In any case, anyone who wants to grind levels in this, do it before fighting the first boss. Then again, enemies in the first area give so little EXP that I'm thinking maybe you're not supposed to grind there and enemies in the release game will give far more EXP.

Not sure if I'll actually buy this at launch, doubt it, but I do like it and I'll play it eventually. It needed a thread either way.

• 2Hodjing
  • 2Faggotry
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

What is wrong with super idealized and enhanced proportions of what target audiences like?

But all men are 1980s Arnold… but oh not precious women! Oh no

Asian anime etc always have had long legs.

I still hold to degen culture likes butts and high civ likes boobs- we must shift back to boobs or go the way of Rome

also…

tifa

1711924871285.gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Good grief rajaah, at least try not to go full autism all the time. Even as a full blown furry autismo I realize you gotta oogle some tits now and then to fit in.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rajaah Rajaah You sound confused. Anyway, I would say they thickened her a little bit, at least the skin suit seems that way. I would prefer this type of idealized image vs. the "thicc" types or exaggerated types.

Also, if you train the Execute skill, you can trigger it while Sprinting. Very satisfying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user