Stellaris

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Same with Wreckages, which you need to as there are so damn many sometimes.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing this for about 12 hours now. Haven't finished a campaign, but started 3 and gotten into the mid game with two of them. I'd say this is a very promising game. But as with EU4 and CK2, it needs a bit of polish and tuning. So for die-hard Paradox fans I'd say this is a must buy, but for those who have not played Paradox titles before then I'd say wait until the first expansion and the patches that come between it.

That said, I'm loving it.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
rrr_img_133663.jpg

khorum

Murder Apologist
So are sectors bound to the same direct planet control limits or can you just stuff as many planets into a sector without get a penalty?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I dunno. There is a limit on how many individual systems you can put into a sector. I'm unsure if that's directly related to the number of colonized/controlled planets in the total sector or not. I don't think it is, I think its just a hard cap of like 5 systems or so per sector.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Also any idea why modifying a species genetics is failing? It's not even diverting sociology research to modify the populations, i just get the project failure popup.

Rime

<Donor>
Also any idea why modifying a species genetics is failing? It's not even diverting sociology research to modify the populations, i just get the project failure popup.
You have to go to it in the situation/quest log and click Research on it there.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Just when I thought I was pretty close to wrapping up a playthrough as my hypercapitalist parrot-people the fucking TYRANIDS invade the galaxy??!?

Is that just triggered when you're closing on the victory conditions or a part of a questline? I never saw them during my first playthrough.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Just when I thought I was pretty close to wrapping up a playthrough as my hypercapitalist parrot-people the fucking TYRANIDS invade the galaxy??!?

Is that just triggered when you're closing on the victory conditions or a part of a questline? I never saw them during my first playthrough.
I got them too in my game. Paradox said there are multiple end game menaces, and that you should get just one each playthrough. They havent reached my empire yet, but they are apparently strong enough to devour a Fallen Empire so.... yeah...

Rime

<Donor>
Is this game good? Forty dollars good?
If you like grand strategy mixed with 4x, it is good.

Lots of mod support and plenty of mods out there already (though most of them are just skins/picture/theme packs right now) - it is a Paradox game, which means it will likely be heavily supported with DLC as well.

I... like it? I really dislike the Influence system and I am not a fan of having to put planets into Sectors because you have such a limited number of planets that you can support at any time. But the exploration of the universe is very fun.

Crazily

N00b
I love endless space, all the civ games so I will be picking this up for sure...waiting for it to go on sale though. I already have a backlog of games to get through...

faille

Molten Core Raider
I must admit I'm actually a little disappointed with it. Mostly it's because I was expecting EU4 in space, where as it's really just another 4x game with elements from EU4, though it probably borrows more from CK but I haven't played that much.

It's still a great game if you're looking at it from a purely 4x game point of view but does need a bit of polish and streamlinging of the interface. You should be able to set survey ships to auto survey or auto salvage at least. Not to mentioning creating fleet should be done on a strategic level, set the ships you want in the fleet and it auto builds from available starbases and deploys to a specified location. And swapping leaders around should be a little easier and intuitive also. All stuff that could be fixed easily, but surprising it's not already given their experience in the genre.

Still, it appears to be sucking away hours upon hours of my life!

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Lol, maybe I do need to buy this.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I love endless space, all the civ games so I will be picking this up for sure...waiting for it to go on sale though. I already have a backlog of games to get through...
Yeah like I said earlier, I wish they'd outright stolen most of the cues from Endless Space's UI. Endless Space is a huge eureka moment when you realize that 4X has been getting dumbed down all this time because designers used ABSTRACTION as crutch when they couldn't find an elegant UI to drive complex systems.

Like that fucking epigenetic modification for your races that I got tripped up on: First you go into the Diplo screen, then you go into the species tab, then you select which population of which species you want to modify---THEN this produces a quest for you! You still have to go to the event journal and accept the quest then you start spending biology research on it!

That's a real shame because that's a really fucking awesome part of the game. I found a promising species of methane-breathing bipedal buffalos with like 300% hp and +20% strength that I Uplifted into sentience. But before I could genetically modify them into my one-stop ground-invasion race, I had to fish through three different techs and ethics alignments for a half hour.

Those extra-galactic tyranids destroyed me with multiple 60k stacks tho... and that's AFTER they tore through my hyper-advanced neighbors who were so far ahead of me they were building ringworlds purely for entertainment:

fr5ttYV.jpg

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I'm slow to play and ingest complex games these days and am probably 100 years behind some of you shitlords. But I just discovered a 'ceramic object' orbiting a nearby star that I am to research that emits energy. I did so and then my 'spiritual' race of fungus got a research boost from it. Made me chuckle. I know at least hodj gets this reference. A fun little easter egg forRussell's Teapot.