Sticks and Stones

Sticks and Stones can Break my Bones, but Words..... (finish the line)

• "...Can Break My Heart."

• "...Can Never Hurt Me."

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ignoring this deflated dick measuring, "can never hurt me."

Because the context used is:
Susan: "Teacher! Bobby called me a spite tongue!"
Teacher: "Bobby, don't call people names. Susan, go back to your school work."
Susan: "But teacher, I demand retribution."
Teacher: "Sticks and stones, words can never hurt me".
Susan: "But teacher, you've been harboring deep animosity toward Tom the Gym Teacher because of a flippant comment he made after 4 drinks at a Christmas party 13 years ago. This flippant comment has subverted your entire career as you try to prove that women aren't inherently bad decision makers because of a mistake you made when trying to guess a secret identity during an ice breaking party."
Teacher: "Shut up you little spite tongue!"

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
"Can or will never hurt me" you mopes.

It was catch a tiger, although I have heard the many variants.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
finish this line
Eeny Meeny Miney Moe, catch a ______ by the toe.

I learned it originally as catch a American Inventor, but I've on'y ever used "tiger" or "tigger"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I can see not everyone has voted by the results. There are quite a bit of faggots who get pussyhurt and use the ignore feature, yet only 1 vote for "break my heart".

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I can see not everyone has voted by the results. There are quite a bit of faggots who get pussyhurt and use the ignore feature, yet only 1 vote for "break my heart".
Please add shit-talk trigger warnings for future posts.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
"Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me" is a pretty stupid folk saying. Psychological damage is way more harmful and harder to heal than physical damage. Nobody kills themselves because they broke their leg.

Last edited:

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me is a pretty stupid folk saying. Psychological damage is way more harmful and harder to heal than physical damage. Nobody kills themselves because they broke their leg.
I'm sure somewhere along the way some athlete killed himself because a physical injury ended his career

iannis

Musty Nester
but words...

CAN HIT LIKE A FIST.

and you have to punch her as you say "fist".

ELBOW FACE. REVERSE SUPLEX.

CHEAP ALUMINUM FOLDING CHAIR TO THE BACK.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
"Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me" is a pretty stupid folk saying. Psychological damage is way more harmful and harder to heal than physical damage. Nobody kills themselves because they broke their leg.
Tell that to Barbaro.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider

What do I need to say to you to get you to kill yourself?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

That damage is self inflicted, not caused by words. I'm talking about both the falling damage from the suicide attempt and the psychological damage from the hurty words that you will list in your letter as the reason you jumped from the bridge.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

The saying was used to teach children the proper way to deal with "fighting words" because they were learning how to deal with the fight or flight emotions. It was meant to show children that the proper to reaction to insults was to rise above them or turn to the other cheek. It was never meant to be some sort of beacon against sustained mental abuse.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

that is retarded. the phrase is a coping mechanism. the entire point is to take back the power. No one has any power over you with words. Literally growing up and getting over it.. if you accept them having power over you, you are lost. Yes, words do hurt... if you are a child and let them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
that is retarded. the phrase is a coping mechanism. the entire point is to take back the power. No one has any power over you with words. Literally growing up and getting over it.. if you accept them having power over you, you are lost. Yes, words do hurt... if you are a child and let them.

"No one has any power over you with words." - I guess you're framing this as only dealing with bullies which I suppose I never attributed the saying to strictly dealing with bullies, but words have enormous power over people.

"I've been cheating on you" "You have early onset dementia" "We're not friends anymore" "Youre fired" "Your father and I are getting a divorce"