story of a Philippino slave and her family

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Guy was a cowardly piece of shit, came from a family of dipshits and probably raised pieces of shit.

His parents owned and abused a slave all their lives and he fully profited off it. Full stop.

she became an afterthought for many years while his piece of shit mom was dying.

I didn’t talk about Lola. Just as I had selectively blocked Lola out of my mind when I was with Mom during her last years. Loving my mother required that kind of mental surgery.

I hope he's in Louis CK's version of hell, blowing demons for all of eternity and getting endlessly fucked in the ass.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

Well, your dying act can be profiting off how much of a retarded hypocrite you are too!
I did eat her cooking but to my defense she died when I was a child!

After a little investigation it happens that Rosa who worked for my grandparents from an early age and helped raise their three children was actually paid. Like with the woman in the article, she was a country girl with no education from a very poor family who just got taken in by a richer family. I am not sure exactly when she got hired and if she was hired by my grandparents or great-grandparents, but we are talking Portugal in 1910s or 1920s. I strongly suspect that at the time when a poor family of farmers had a girl they could not afford to pay for her marriage or education so being sent to work as a maid or sent to the convent were the two main options. Unlike the people in the article though, my grandparents were actually wealthy (not super wealthy but still), my grandfather was the polar opposite of a gambling philanderer and he treated people his employees well. That being said, the notion of work hours was not exactly on the table, she sent almost all of her money to family members and, like the woman in the article, she taught herself to read... but to be able to read the bible. This religious aspect probably allowed her to have a free day a week, since the odd sect they gradually all belonged to (adventism) forbids people to work on Saturday.

After the death of my grandparents she worked for a while for my aunt and then for someone else (possibly an elderly family member?) back at her village of origin. I don't think she went along swimmingly with my grandmother, but as far as I know, she was never abused. "Just" overworked.

Born and raised in Switzerland, I only met her during family trips to Portgual in the '80s when I was a child. The only lasting memory I have of her is that when grilling sardines on a small grill, she would rearrange the coal with her bare hands!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Your family forced that poor woman to pick up burning coals with her bare hands?!

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Why do slave owners always flock democrat? It's seriously been this way for all of history.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The only lasting memory I have of her is that when grilling sardines on a small grill, she would rearrange the coal with her bare hands!
The author remembered this slave regurgitating food into his mouth like a bird cuz he was too much of a pussy to chew, while you remember that your Grandparents worked this slave girl to the bone, that she lost all sensation in her fingers to the point that shes developed asbestos like superpowers.

Seriously, a slave is a slave, no matter how much you "fake pay" her.

• 2Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I did eat her cooking but to my defense she died when I was a child!

After a little investigation it happens that Rosa who worked for my grandparents from an early age and helped raise their three children was actually paid. Like with the woman in the article, she was a country girl with no education from a very poor family who just got taken in by a richer family. I am not sure exactly when she got hired and if she was hired by my grandparents or great-grandparents, but we are talking Portugal in 1910s or 1920s. I strongly suspect that at the time when a poor family of farmers had a girl they could not afford to pay for her marriage or education so being sent to work as a maid or sent to the convent were the two main options. Unlike the people in the article though, my grandparents were actually wealthy (not super wealthy but still), my grandfather was the polar opposite of a gambling philanderer and he treated people his employees well. That being said, the notion of work hours was not exactly on the table, she sent almost all of her money to family members and, like the woman in the article, she taught herself to read... but to be able to read the bible. This religious aspect probably allowed her to have a free day a week, since the odd sect they gradually all belonged to (adventism) forbids people to work on Saturday.

After the death of my grandparents she worked for a while for my aunt and then for someone else (possibly an elderly family member?) back at her village of origin. I don't think she went along swimmingly with my grandmother, but as far as I know, she was never abused. "Just" overworked.

Born and raised in Switzerland, I only met her during family trips to Portgual in the '80s when I was a child. The only lasting memory I have of her is that when grilling sardines on a small grill, she would rearrange the coal with her bare hands!
You and your family are disgusting human beings. I wish nothing less than pain, suffering and a slow death on you.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Also fuck everyone in your future family tree and anyone with a last name even remotely similar to yours!

• 2Like

Szlia

My empire is built on the callous hands of a mid XXth century portuguese domestic worker! For shame!

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
This story pissed me off today. You have to be subhuman to consider a live-in unpaid servant normal. Guy then inherits said slave (after decades) to raise his own children tries to rationalize it by giving her "better" slave perks.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Why do slave owners always flock democrat? It's seriously been this way for all of history.
Because they probably see slavery as "uplifting" someone to a better life than they could have had before the slavery!

But it's not all democrats. It's just shitty people in general.

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
So I'm a few wines in and thinking about this fucking story still.

Is all life slavery guys?

:emoji_thinking::emoji_scream::emoji_tired_face:

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You're a slave to drugs and alcohol. Break your chains, son.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
giphy.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users