story of a Philippino slave and her family

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Inspiring story. Hopefully we can go back to these times.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
His grandmother?
Lola is basically a show of respect to a grandmother-like female in the Philippines. It doesn't mean they are an actual blood grandmother. So this chick was their Lola. Lola was not her actual name.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
LOL why are you guys surprised? This still happens every day with with men and the K1 Fiance Visa, you really think those Flip girls like white guys? The poor white dude is still a king compared to 99% of the other male Flips.

• 1Like

Szlia

This story is a bit similar to the one of the maid who worked for my grandparents. She had her room though and possibly maybe was paid? I shall investigate.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Lola is basically a show of respect to a grandmother-like female in the Philippines. It doesn't mean they are an actual blood grandmother. So this chick was their Lola. Lola was not her actual name.

Growing up Flip I pretty much called all of my parents non relative friends either tito/tita or lolo/lola. It wasn't til I got older that I realized wtf, they aren't actual relations.

Also, when I was in the Philippines we had 2 live in nannies that pretty much raised me, cleaned, and cooked. They had their own room in the house, but they were basically 24 hour servants. However, we always treated them like family and I personally never even saw them as help. Now some relations of mine who were well to do brought their nanny to the States with them and she was basically their slave. She was treated pretty shitty by the family. That lady pretty much had no choice as she was sending all her money back home to her family. I think she was with them for like 25 years before she finally went back home.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
The author of the article won a pulitzer prize for an article he wrote decades ago about how corruption at the Bureau of Indian Affairs was taking money away from native americans, and was also a professor at USC. Ironically he won his pulitzer two years before his mom died, at which point his Lola was "semi freed" from slavery and went to live with him and his family and started getting paid ($200/month I think). Just all around a pretty fucked up thing. Like you know the guy kinda wanted to do good, but that can't erase the fact that for all of his 20s, 30s, and 40s he knew this woman was a slave to his mom and did nothing about it, until his mom died.

Reminds me a lot about the Chappelle cosby bit

The incredibly (more) weird fucking thing about the whole story: The Atlantic decided to run his story, which he had been working on for months, as its cover for the May issue on March 23d. They were set to call him in the afternoon to let him know. He died in his bed that morning of natural causes and never found out.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wait wait wait hold up, this occurred in the United States? What the fuck?

Fuck him and everyone related to him. I hope they all die horrible deaths of falling into vats of boiling oil.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wait the fuck up, he died at 57 from "natural causes"??? first of all he's asian, us Asians live forever, how is it fucking natural to die at 57?

It's pretty cool everyone is saying fuck him.

BTW, he never loved this woman,she was still always a housekeeper to him, he just felt the shame of what his entire family did.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for sharing this. Incredibly fucked up, but important that people know this STILL happens.

• 1Like

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Wait wait wait hold up, this occurred in the United States? What the fuck?

Fuck him and everyone related to him. I hope they all die horrible deaths of falling into vats of boiling oil.
This isn't all that rare, domestic slavery is a real thing, even in Western countries.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Growing up Flip I pretty much called all of my parents non relative friends either tito/tita or lolo/lola. It wasn't til I got older that I realized wtf, they aren't actual relations.
I always get confused with my wife's family and paisans because of this

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This story is a bit similar to the one of the maid who worked for my grandparents. She had her room though and possibly maybe was paid? I shall investigate.
Bad news. You're a slave owner.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is why the whole privileged shit bothers me. Talk to people with real fucking problems. Man this was depressing to read.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Well, your dying act can be profiting off how much of a retarded hypocrite you are too!

• 1Like