Straight Outta Compton

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
2pac is all right but frank white the black just made way better songs, lyrics and everything. Now don't get me wrong, recording 300 songs or whatever in such a short time is a great feat, just most of it is forgettable shit. Bet you can't name more than say, 2-3 songs off "Better Dayz" because most of it is forgettable. His milestone is the double disc of All Eyez On Me, maybe Don Killuminati - but really, 2pac was more about the message than the raps

On the same note, I can flow along with pretty much every verse Big dropped

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Biggie sounds like he's about to swallow his tongue.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2pac is all right but frank white the black just made way better songs, lyrics and everything. Now don't get me wrong, recording 300 songs or whatever in such a short time is a great feat, just most of it is forgettable shit. Bet you can't name more than say, 2-3 songs off "Better Dayz" because most of it is forgettable. His milestone is the double disc of All Eyez On Me, maybe Don Killuminati - but really, 2pac was more about the message than the raps

On the same note, I can flow along with pretty much every verse Big dropped
Pretty bad argument man. The shit released after his death was mashed up by new people. Go and look up the OGs to those songs, not the shit that actually got released with different beats and rappers because his mom didn't want to pay people.. Actually tell me what songs you didn't like and I'll find the original which is most likely much better. There are only a few I prefer over the OGs. His last true album was Makaveli. Even that got released unfinished (Naz diss left on) but it was as close as anything to what he wanted.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Holy shit this thread is buried...

Movie was pretty great, why is there no hype for this on these boards? I could have done without some of the "hollywood-ness" (the cop staredown outside the studio, the overdone intensity of the drug deal opener, etc), but overall it was definitely one of the best movies of 2015 so far.

Also my theater actually had extra security around outside and inside for this on opening night, it was pretty ridiculous.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Planning to see it tonight in the oldest whitest area in MI, pretty sure I'll be the only one in the theater. Was hilarious watching the trailer for it at the State Theater before the beach boy's movie "Love&Mercy" the audible groans from the the 60+ crowd was palpable.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Holy shit this thread is buried...

Movie was pretty great, why is there no hype for this on these boards? I could have done without some of the "hollywood-ness" (the cop staredown outside the studio, the overdone intensity of the drug deal opener, etc), but overall it was definitely one of the best movies of 2015 so far.

Also my theater actually had extra security around outside and inside for this on opening night, it was pretty ridiculous.
Why is that ridiculous?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Planning to see it tonight in the oldest whitest area in MI, pretty sure I'll be the only one in the theater. Was hilarious watching the trailer for it at the State Theater before the beach boy's movie "Love&Mercy" the audible groans from the the 60+ crowd was palpable.
That's the price you pay for living in a place that has most delicious cherries on the face of the planet.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't worry the cherries here got wiped out by the hurricane that landed a week ago, and hilariously if you aren't here in late August/September you are actually eating cherries from Washington during Cherry Fest. The entire area is one hypocritical shit hole honestly.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I want to watch this movie so bad but the swedish film institute decided it would probably not be lucrative to bring it to our theaters. At the same time Dr. Dre's Compton tops music charts so I guess they're just retarded

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Do we get confirmation that Eazy-E liked it without vaseline, or was Ice Cube embellishing? He seems a bit prone to exaggeration.

Really, you can take just about any of their album covers and print REALLY NOT HELPING on them. But Fuck tha Police was some fun shit.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Black guy at work that wants to get into producing music, and custom clothing line said this about the movie,
'It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. But a good chunk of the movie deals with the "Fuck the police" side of things. That was a thing back then, and I hope people that watch this will be thankful by how far we have come and not leave the movie fired up to hate current police, or further divide the populous by race.'
Note: He doesn't care for Sci-Fi or Comic movies.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, nowadays cops just let the darkies smash their faces in with their own weapon, and every time a black guy is killed by a non-black we get riots and 24/7 media coverage. Progress!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I read an article over the weekend that the movie producer (no clue which one) was going to reimburse theaters for added security for the showings.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, nowadays cops just let the darkies smash their faces in with their own weapon, and every time a black guy is killed by a non-black we get riots and 24/7 media coverage. Progress!
You are one cynical bastard, Kreugen. Plus, most black people hate all cops, not just the white ones. Would like to go see this. late 80's to mid 90's was the pinnacle of rap music.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I want to watch this movie so bad but the swedish film institute decided it would probably not be lucrative to bring it to our theaters. At the same time Dr. Dre's Compton tops music charts so I guess they're just retarded
What does our film institute have to do with anything? Its SFbio;

"- Vi f?r samtal med filmbolaget om att f? visa filmen samt att vi ?r medvetna om att det ?r m?nga som vill se den. Detta ?r en vanlig f?rhandling som sker inf?r varje film som visas p? bio."

So we *might* get to see it at the cinema. (or we just download it as usual :p )

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You are one cynical bastard, Kreugen. Plus, most black people hate all cops, not just the white ones. Would like to go see this. late 80's to mid 90's was the pinnacle of rap music.
I dunno, if all the cops who beat Freddie Grey to death had been white, we mighta seen some serious shit.

But I was mostly being facetious.