Stranger in a Strange Land

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Fuck, this is like my favorite book ever. I don't trust Hollywood to do it justice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If its of the quality of The Expanse, it'll be worth watching.

If its of the quality of Sharknado, then it'll be Sharknado.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Man, I distinctly remember reading this book when I was young, but for the life of me I can't remember a single goddamn thing about it. I know I liked it, but not as much as Starship Troopers, which was literally the first scifi book I ever read.

And while I have always had trouble remembering shit like this, in my defense it was 5th grade, which would put it over 35 fucking years ago. Fuck!

Looking forward to this to see how much of the story comes back to me, and because it will probably pretty much seem like a completely new story to me at the same time. One of the benefits of the bad memory disease!

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man, I distinctly remember reading this book when I was young, but for the life of me I can't remember a single goddamn thing about it. I know I liked it, but not as much as Starship Troopers, which was literally the first scifi book I ever read.

And while I have always had trouble remembering shit like this, in my defense it was 5th grade, which would put it over 35 fucking years ago. Fuck!

Looking forward to this to see how much of the story comes back to me, and because it will probably pretty much seem like a completely new story to me at the same time. One of the benefits of the bad memory disease!

Do you grok?

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Kid raised on Mars by Martians. Sent to Earth as ambassador. Old lawyer sex cult dude. Lots of stuff about metaphysics. Kid is good at sex. Soylent green is people. Martians are shitty neighbors.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Kid raised on Mars by Martians. Sent to Earth as ambassador. Old lawyer sex cult dude. Lots of stuff about metaphysics. Kid is good at sex. Soylent green is people. Martians are shitty neighbors.
Hah, not remembering any of that. I distinctly remember reading Heinlein's "Number of the Beast" a couple years later and that being filled with massive amounts of sex. I'm almost afraid to go back and read any of those again, they are probably horrible.

Argarth

On the verandah
First read "Stranger" sometime in the early '70s and it started my lifelong love-affair with Sci-Fi/Fantasy that continues to this day.

One of my 3 all-time favourites, alongside Philip Jose Farmer's "Riverworld" series, and more recently Dan Simmons' "Hyperion Cantos".

Will surely break my heart if it isn't faithful to the deeper philosophical and religious themes in the novel. Please please be excellent!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Read it for the first time this summer....great first half then shit gets wired.