Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finished the first bit of the game. It seems to follow FF1 so precisely that it almost qualifies as FF1 Remake. Which is awesome.

However, enough things are different, much like 7 Remake, that I'm wondering what exactly they're going to pull here with the timeline. Which is certainly more interesting than a flat remake, I just hope they don't muck it up.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Be warned that the disc version of the game has a massive installation. I think you need 150 GB free (it only ends up using about 90 though) and while it lets you play while the installation is going on, you can only play the beginning. Maybe 20 minutes in and it's cutting you off with another two hours of downloading to go.

So be prepared for that, get it installing right away if you plan on playing it any time soon, etc.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220319_153129.jpg

I dunno if I'm the first person on the planet to notice this or what, but it looks like the five main characters correspond to Garland and the Four Fiends on the intro screen of the game. What I mean is, you can see colors coming off of them and the colors correspond with the fiends.

Black dude is Lich (brown), skinny dude is Kraken (blue), the women are Tiamat (green) and Marilith (red).

I don't know if this means they're all gonna become the Fiends or if it just means they hold the corresponding orbs.

FF1 fanatics should have a field day with this game if they give it a chance

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220319_163331.jpg

Just finished this. Really enjoyed it, recommended to any Final Fantasy fans (especially fans of the first one on NES, as this visits the same locales).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dunkey is hilarious.

This was pretty good. SOP is getting a lot of "game of the year" videos as a joke, but from what I've seen they usually have the caveat that "it really is better than I expected though"