Stranger Things

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Watched it all this evening, good.

Intro was excellent, felt like i was in a time machine

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Oh, Amygdala.

latest

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
garbage.

just like this season 1.

all nostalgia, zero plot.

• 8Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Stick to flip flops and muscle shirts. Good TV isn't your wheelhouse apparently.

I just want more of the same. Don't mess with the formula!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
he should just make an 8 hour montage of 80s pop culture shit for a simpleton like you. no plot, character development or emotional investment.

just 30 second cutaways about arcade games, ninjas, pizza, sleepover parties, michael jackson, nintendo, ninja turtles, freddie kruger, muppet babies and he-man.

• 3Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
They will need a new formula. They've already homaged all the big ones.

There was a plot. It was just a very simple plot surrounded by a boatload of ambience.

It was a good plot, even. With children as protagonists you want simple. That's the strength of it.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
not only was the plot simple, it was also a rehash of a bunch of popular tropes that have been done to death: secret govt experiments, etc.

like i said a year ago, we all seen this multiple times before and by producers/directors who did it better.

the only thing this TV show peddles in is nostalgia, once you peel away the gratuitous neon signs, the in your face 80s logos, the Dragon's lair arcade games, the dungeons and dragons shit - you realize this show is just utter trash. its essentially a nostalgia montage

most people probably dont even remember what the plot was in S1.

• 3Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Look at this faggot.

Obviously we remember the plot; it was about Daniel, a boy who moves to Reseda with his eccentric older friend "Doc" and his dog Einstein. They meet a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess, and a pimp named Guido. They go on a whacky adventure to find One Eyed Willy's treasure with the aid of a freakish looking half-wolf basketball player. They end up finding a dead body near the railroad tracks and then have to race home before their parents find out that they were faking being sick to get out of school.

He thinks we're all Astr0 and don't pay attention. Look asshole, some of us can appreciate an original story and not just enjoy it for nostalgia.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Look at this faggot.

Obviously we remember the plot; it was about Daniel, a boy who moves to Reseda with his eccentric older friend "Doc" and his dog Einstein. They meet a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess, and a pimp named Guido. They go on a whacky adventure to find One Eyed Willy's treasure with the aid of a freakish looking half-wolf basketball player. They end up finding a dead body near the railroad tracks and then have to race home before their parents find out that they were faking being sick to get out of school.

He thinks we're all Astr0 and don't pay attention. Look asshole, some of us can appreciate an original story and not just enjoy it for nostalgia.

worf.png
worf.png
worf.png
worf.png
worf.png

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I definitely don't agree with the "it was so heavy on nostalgia" angle because like 90% or more of the screen time could have been from any time in the past 40 years in a little town, including modern day. Now, that does say something about how little our smaller U.S. towns have managed to develop since the post-war boom but the point stands... the 80s was not layered on super thick. There was almost as much hard 80s references in that S2 trailer as in all of S1. If there was a lot more of it in S1 then that's not what I remember at all despite enjoying all the references I do remember.

I am hoping they follow the theme of the trailer and there's a lot more of the shadow vale in this season. It seems like they got plenty of character introduction and such done in S1 so hopefully this one can really build the other world more.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The story in S2 will probably be beefed up even more compared to S1 because they know they're going to be doing additional seasons beyond it and will be laying down elements to carry the show forward.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I definitely don't agree with the "it was so heavy on nostalgia" angle because like 90% or more of the screen time could have been from any time in the past 40 years in a little town, including modern day. Now, that does say something about how little our smaller U.S. towns have managed to develop since the post-war boom but the point stands... the 80s was not layered on super thick. There was almost as much hard 80s references in that S2 trailer as in all of S1. If there was a lot more of it in S1 then that's not what I remember at all despite enjoying all the references I do remember.

I am hoping they follow the theme of the trailer and there's a lot more of the shadow vale in this season. It seems like they got plenty of character introduction and such done in S1 so hopefully this one can really build the other world more.

I agree. This show really did not have too many nostalgia things like people here are proclaiming. I thought the same shit like you. that S2 trailer alone had like 200% more nostalgia than S1 ever did. The story itself was nostalgic to 80s rock movies where kids went on adventures with little to no adult shit. ET, stand by me, goonies, etc... Only thing I honestly remember is the music, a few 80s toys and D&D.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The story in S2 will probably be beefed up even more compared to S1 because they know they're going to be doing additional seasons beyond it and will be laying down elements to carry the show forward.

Those dudes dont look old enough to be alive in 80s, lol.