Stranger Things

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Maybe he will show Wynona the special cave that leads to One Eyed Willie?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm assuming the third act turn will be where the group has to confront their internal conflicts will be Sean Astin's character just looking at Dustin and saying, "All you care about is nugs, chillin, and grindage."

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Season 2 comes out same day as Wolfenstein 2. Also I think some LoL worlds stuff is happening that weekend. Gonna be a takeout-and-sit-at-home few days for sure.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Same day as Mario Odyssey as well. I think there is another major release that day as well? Busy weekend at least heh.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Same day as Mario Odyssey as well. I think there is another major release that day as well? Busy weekend at least heh.
Apparently October 27th got short articles on a number of sites because of all the releases, I just Googled it. AC: Origin is the other big game one though. And I think November ~8th has some stuff as well (with Thor in between on the 3rd) so kind of a nuts few weeks frankly. If I owned a Switch on top of everything else I'd be stressing out about all the fun I have to have

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It's baaacck.

Thru 3 episodes. All the same vibes as S1.

And Sean Astin gives shitty advice.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Just finished it as had day off work - lost some of the magic of the original. 7/10

Eleven's character was sidelined from the main plot until the penultimate episode. The sister storyline was just a way to "level up" Eleven's powers and the sister's crew was lame.

Part of the magic of s1 was the way they used her powers sparingly and every time was a more powerful demonstration than the previous time, building up to the sacrifice at the end. For me the highlight of s1 was her saving Mike from the cliff drop but nothing in s2 had the same punch.

The new girl was ok but her brother was awful, I could see what they were trying to accomplish with the 80s bad boy vibe but it was just stupid. One scene of character development with his father wasn't enough to rescue the character. I did think him heading to the house would lead to him joining the crew and some kind of redemption arc but nah.

Final boss fight wasn't as good as s1 either.

Basically there were hardly any "whoa" moments compared to s1.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just finished it as had day off work - lost some of the magic of the original. 7/10

Eleven's character was sidelined from the main plot until the penultimate episode. The sister storyline was just a way to "level up" Eleven's powers and the sister's crew was lame.

Part of the magic of s1 was the way they used her powers sparingly and every time was a more powerful demonstration than the previous time, building up to the sacrifice at the end. For me the highlight of s1 was her saving Mike from the cliff drop but nothing in s2 had the same punch.

The new girl was ok but her brother was awful, I could see what they were trying to accomplish with the 80s bad boy vibe but it was just stupid. One scene of character development with his father wasn't enough to rescue the character. I did think him heading to the house would lead to him joining the crew and some kind of redemption arc but nah.

Final boss fight wasn't as good as s1 either.

Basically there were hardly any "whoa" moments compared to s1.

Agreed. It wasn't as good as S1.

In fact, Stranger Things S2 felt superficial after how great Mindhunter was.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Finished only the first episode so far, I dunno did the first season beat you over the head with the obvious music this much? Like within the first ten minutes three different 80s pop songs played. Just a minor note that was in my head. Other then that it seems like an OK start, not enthralled like I was with S1E1.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm sure they got a bigger budget for S2. That means you can afford to pay the usage rights for more popular songs

Khane

Got something right about marriage
3 episodes in, it's a little slow and boring except for the stuff with 11. I can already tell it's a "coming of age" storyline for the boys this time rather than the childish wonderment that was season 1. It's not as compelling because I feel like I'm being beaten over the head with it as a major plot device rather than a subtle advancement of the characters. They are focusing way, way too much on the new chick and her brother and I'm only on ep 3.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Think Netflix went to far with the 80's marketing on that incident though at this rate some of the child stars will be getting molested behind closed doors and we'll have "on a very special episode..." moment in season 3.