Stranger Things

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just finished watching this, really a good show hopefully it gets a 2nd season.

Why does the search engine suck so much on this website? This is the 3rd time I have looked for a key word and it gives me a bunch of things but not what I am looking for, even though it exists.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
The show was ok. I like that it ended. It feels like Stranger Things will be a "twilight zone-esk" kind of series. The music for the first 4 episodes was fan-goddamned-tastic.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Have not started this yet, would this show be good for kids to watch too? Around age 10? I don't ever find shows scary or creepy so it's always hard for me to tell what i can and can't show them lol

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I would say yes? He may be a little young for it. However, half the cast are middle school aged in the show, that may help with him identifying with the story. I think most of his problems might be with this being set in the 80's and not knowing what an atari and D&D is lol.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
It depends on the 10 year old and how much they've already seen. My sister's daughter? Nope. When she was 9, she couldn't even read a children's book that had a dragon killing sheep without getting nightmares. But my brother's kids? No fucks given.

The netflix description & trailer left me feeling indifferent. I only watched the show because my brother highly recommended it.
And I absolutely loved it and wish I could have given it a 6. If someone doesn't like it, they are a fucking commie.

I've never heard of the writing/director duo (Duffer brothers). But, they have earned my trust in watching whatever they work on for a while.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
absolutely loved this show, my wife despises horror movies but was down for binging all 8 of these.

the characters in this felt real, very well written.

are we going to see more with these characters or is this going to be a "twilight zone" kinda thing?

why did hooper get in the car at the hospital at the end?

i'm assuming 11 is just living in the upside down now?

why did Nancy stay with Steve (jon ralphio) the douche ?

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I would say yes? He may be a little young for it. However, half the cast are middle school aged in the show, that may help with him identifying with the story. I think most of his problems might be with this being set in the 80's and not knowing what an atari and D&D is lol.
Raising my kids right, we have atari hooked up, nes hooked up, they play with my toys from the 80's, and i play D&D with them hahah
smile.png

Will give it a shot with them! thanks!

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
absolutely loved this show, my wife despises horror movies but was down for binging all 8 of these.

the characters in this felt real, very well written.

are we going to see more with these characters or is this going to be a "twilight zone" kinda thing?

why did hooper get in the car at the hospital at the end?

i'm assuming 11 is just living in the upside down now?

why did Nancy stay with Steve (jon ralphio) the douche ?
I believe he got in the car as part of the deal he made. It seems he's part of the whole thing now that he's feeding 11, which is implied she's in the other dimension.

I read that the next season will follow the same characters.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Finished first episode but having trouble getting into this. Kids seem pretty annoying to me, but I am overly sensitive to annoying kids so maybe its just me.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Finished first episode but having trouble getting into this. Kids seem pretty annoying to me, but I am overly sensitive to annoying kids so maybe its just me.
That's definitely a big part of why I'm having a tough time getting into it

khalid

Unelected Mod
So far I like almost everything from the adults and the teenagers but the kids are making me cringe constantly.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm waiting to start this because I think it's a good date night kinda show. Am I wrong?

Rime

<Donor>
Ha. I usually do not like child actors, but I thought the kids were one of the better point of the show. Huge Super-8 vibe from it. Only three episodes in, but I am heartily enjoying it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This was really awesome. I mean nothing is without flaws but this had less than most. It hit all the great notes of nostalgia without being overly obnoxious. Shit was like Akira meets ET meets The Explorers meet Goonies and so on.

Only strange thing that jumped out to me was that they used the 2010 Peter Gabriel version of Heroes instead of Bowie's. But the PG version probably fit the tone of the scene better.

Wife initially wasn't in to it but came back a couple of episodes in and stayed up way past her bedtime because she wanted to finish it with me.

I'm waiting to start this because I think it's a good date night kinda show. Am I wrong?
I think that would depend on her nostalgia factor for the 80s style stuff. It was absolutely good on its own as a horror-lite, sci fi, adventure style show though. It isn't really date night in the sense of she's gonna want to cuddle up because it is so intense and scary.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Watched 7 out of 8 episodes, saving the last for tomorrow. Pretty great show

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Only watched the first ep but I like what I see a lot.

Turns out the girl I took to prom is engaged to one of the writer/director bros! Random.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I was absolutely floored by this, I thought it fucking nailed the 80's adventure movie style, I literally think it's the best example since the Goonies.

Everything was good, cinematography, costumes, music and the cast was fantastic, they absolutely looked like kids that would have been in an 80's movie.

100% the best thing I've seen on Netflix.