Stranger Things

Jimmycarterwuwu

Silver Knight of the Realm
The fat kid reminded me of chunk from the goonies a lot but less of a bitch. I'm a sucker for the small town/huge government sponsored hidden project type shows. (Guilty of liking hemlock grove). The ending seemed like a flashback almost of silent hill, with a happy ending. Nice blend of Stephen Kings (IT) ...ass hole kids ....ET hiding L....and flight of the navigator/goodnies ....... Adventure wise

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
absolutely loved this show, my wife despises horror movies but was down for binging all 8 of these.

the characters in this felt real, very well written.

are we going to see more with these characters or is this going to be a "twilight zone" kinda thing?

why did hooper get in the car at the hospital at the end?

i'm assuming 11 is just living in the upside down now?

why did Nancy stay with Steve (jon ralphio) the douche ?
I think the point was that Steve wasn't actually that bad of a guy. His friends were dicks, but he was never really particularly douchey himself up until he thought nancy cheated on him, and was portrayed as regretting his actions. He was genuinely worried about her, then came back to help fight at the house. I guess they patched things up, though she clearly quite likes new-edward furlong.

I liked this show a lot, was really surprised they didn't tease the whole plot line out over the entire series a la x-files, but after a few episodes was getting down to the nitty gritty. Don't think I would have watched if it was some obscure looming presence that is not elaborated on at all. Definite goonies vibe from the kids. Have a feeling the second series has the potential to be a stinker though, I enjoyed the inter-dimensional stuff and psychological aspect but im not sure how theyd expand on what they already have without needing to go 'bigger' and it just becoming monsters vs people or something

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I loved everything about this. The music, the acting, the atmosphere. I loved how they took common 80s themes and cliches and played with them. Really, really well done. Netflix is just killing it these days.

• 1Like

Caliane

The fat kid reminded me of chunk from the goonies a lot but less of a bitch. I'm a sucker for the small town/huge government sponsored hidden project type shows. (Guilty of liking hemlock grove). The ending seemed like a flashback almost of silent hill, with a happy ending. Nice blend of Stephen Kings (IT) ...ass hole kids ....ET hiding L....and flight of the navigator/goodnies ....... Adventure wise
Did you watch Granite flats on Netflix?

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
only 3 pages for this? truly shocked.

great show. great soundtrack. I was hooked and have gone back and watched particular scenes. just really a masterful way of tapping into nostalgia without it being "goonies 2" or something equally dumb

Well written characters, the best child actors I can remember too

I'm guessing the dude getting in the car at the end and then leaving waffles out is their way of showing 11 is still around in TUD. I guess it's possible it's just guilt, but I don't know why he's getting in that car at the end is all.

the kid not mentioning monster slugs coming out of his throat seems weird, unless he's invasion of body snatchers type of shit. Seems like an important thing to mention. He doesn't really know the government was evil in all of this

getting back with that dude was realistic to me. he was more charismatic, better looking, and really not that bad of a guy. multiple times they could've made him a douche and he came through. he just overreacted to thinking she cheated, like any teenage boy would do

Xevy

Log Wizard
He got into the car at the end because he knew the Gov was going to talk to him and debrief him and tell him to keep his mouth shut and he was like "fuck it, alright". His job was done and we was ready to accept whatever fate. Especially after going to a fucking nether dimension.

The boyfriend wasn't all that bad, but man he sure was good with a spiked bat!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think he's working with them in some capacity now. We will see!

Best show I have seen all year. I fucking loved it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Just binged this over the weekend and finished the last episode yesterday. I loved it. Really impressive acting by the kids. I will be honest, though. I feel Winona Ryder's acting was a bit shit.

Caliane

only 3 pages for this? truly shocked.

great show. great soundtrack. I was hooked and have gone back and watched particular scenes. just really a masterful way of tapping into nostalgia without it being "goonies 2" or something equally dumb

Well written characters, the best child actors I can remember too

I'm guessing the dude getting in the car at the end and then leaving waffles out is their way of showing 11 is still around in TUD. I guess it's possible it's just guilt, but I don't know why he's getting in that car at the end is all.

the kid not mentioning monster slugs coming out of his throat seems weird, unless he's invasion of body snatchers type of shit. Seems like an important thing to mention. He doesn't really know the government was evil in all of this

getting back with that dude was realistic to me. he was more charismatic, better looking, and really not that bad of a guy. multiple times they could've made him a douche and he came through. he just overreacted to thinking she cheated, like any teenage boy would do
Everyone binge watched, so no speculation from week to week. results in less discussion.

Sister is horrible.
total sociopath. Doesn't care at all when little brothers best friend is kidnapped/murdered. just wants to loose her v-card with douche. is a "friend" to the fat, ugly girl, probably just to make herself feel better. only "cares", when her sycophant friend is gone. it took something that belonged to her. of course she went with hotty mc-douche. at best, she is a bigger douche then HE is. at worst, shes outright a sociopath.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think you're projecting a little. He was missing for a few hours at that point, and she's a teenager in a small town with no concept of what that could mean. That was her arc, she's all wrapped up in her own shit that she missed everything that happened in those first two days, then she came around.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Everyone binge watched, so no speculation from week to week. results in less discussion.

Sister is horrible.
total sociopath. Doesn't care at all when little brothers best friend is kidnapped/murdered. just wants to loose her v-card with douche. is a "friend" to the fat, ugly girl, probably just to make herself feel better. only "cares", when her sycophant friend is gone. it took something that belonged to her. of course she went with hotty mc-douche. at best, she is a bigger douche then HE is. at worst, shes outright a sociopath.
Pretty uncharitable assessment.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Only watched 2 episodes so far but I love it.

I agree that Winona's acting is pretty terrible in this. Some scenes she's crying and there aren't even any tears

Xevy

Log Wizard
Only watched 2 episodes so far but I love it.

I agree that Winona's acting is pretty terrible in this. Some scenes she's crying and there aren't even any tears
She gets better, but yeah, she was the worst actor at the beginning. Episode 5 and beyond she's pretty solid. The Chief fucking rules though. And the tall skinny officer, who I assume is one of the writers or something. Everything he says is hilarious.

• 1Like

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah Ryder started rough but settled into it. I guess it's hard to complain about hysterical/possibly crazy single mother being too much though, I'm sure she wasn't too far off from someone else in that position.

and yeah the

boyfriend was a badass with that spiked bat. he must've dodged 3-4 times successfully too. definitely MT material.

Hoping a bit they go in a different direction with the next one. Or at least ignore 11, but I have a feeling a large part of the new season will be main kid wanting her back. I bet it's longer and slower, but I'm a pessimist. The "IT" vibe was uncanny so much of the movie. right in the nostalgia

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
Does look good but I've been mostly disappointed with Netflix shows so I'm not hopeful.
I just don't know what to say to you. Just go sit down over there or something.

On a serious note, I discovered this just now. I had to research it after ten minutes or so of watching cause the recreation of a Spielberg 80s film was so on point. Good show!

Seriously though Khane...I don't even.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
I felt that aside from a few parts in the final episode it was pretty enjoyable. 7/10 overall from me, was worth the time across a weekend to complete the short series.

1. Why was Hop the one delivering Eggos and not Mike. Also, random chicken wings...wtf?
2. Why did Nancy end up with Steve? This could have gone either way, but I would have rather seen her with Jon.
3. Why when Hop and Joyce went into the rift were they able to explore without any problems? When they sent cabled up guy in during a earlier episode, he didn't get very far at all.
4. Why did the monster go for Jon and Nancy at the Byers house when he had easy prey inside the rift with him?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I told my friend it was 8/10 after 5-6 episodes, revised to 9/10 after the later episodes. The noble sacrifice was predictable but still enough to tug on the old heart strings

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Really didn't care for the series much after the first few episodes, but powered through anyways and am glad I did.

The last few episodes are gold.