Stranger Things

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Finished it last night. Amazing.

I started it on someone's recomendation that i'd like it with out reading up on what it was about beforehand. It took me like 4 episodes in before I realized "Oh shit. I'm watching a Stephen King novel"

Caliane

I felt that aside from a few parts in the final episode it was pretty enjoyable. 7/10 overall from me, was worth the time across a weekend to complete the short series.

1. Why was Hop the one delivering Eggos and not Mike. Also, random chicken wings...wtf?
2. Why did Nancy end up with Steve? This could have gone either way, but I would have rather seen her with Jon.
3. Why when Hop and Joyce went into the rift were they able to explore without any problems? When they sent cabled up guy in during a earlier episode, he didn't get very far at all.
4. Why did the monster go for Jon and Nancy at the Byers house when he had easy prey inside the rift with him?
Hop's lost daughter is probably a large motivator for him. not sure if he just guessing shes around, or perhaps government debrief gave him the idea she was.
nancy is horrible. Monster was distracted by the fresh blood Jon and Nancy intentionally tried to lure it away with. that was the plan. Hop+Joyce go in, after kid. Jon and Nancy distract it. monster is drawn to fresh blood. I don't remember how THEY knew that.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hop's lost daughter is probably a large motivator for him. not sure if he just guessing shes around, or perhaps government debrief gave him the idea she was.
nancy is horrible. Monster was distracted by the fresh blood Jon and Nancy intentionally tried to lure it away with. that was the plan. Hop+Joyce go in, after kid. Jon and Nancy distract it. monster is drawn to fresh blood. I don't remember how THEY knew that.
From Nancy's friend to dropped a spec of blood into the pool before the thing showed up. After they saw Jon's picture.

This was a fantastic series. I was hooked from the first minute. Lots of nostalgia 80's was so sweet. In the end, it's seemed to me a mix of Goonies and The Mist. If you look at it as Mist in reverse.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I also felt a bit of a Stand by Me vibe with the friends as well. I really can't wait for more. This show had me hooked from episode 1. Loved every bit of it.

Column_sl

shitlord
I thought it was really good, and looks like they are setting up another season.

I will say, that it really didn't need to be 8 hours for the amount of actual story it had.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Really enjoyed it, but the final episode bumped it up a notch...and then the epilogue, loved it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This series was very cliche and very predictable and I loved every second of it. They nailed that 80s vibe and I thought it was fantastic.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
A lot of it felt like a John Hughes movie. Great show, I hope they hire these guys for more stuff. Never heard of the Duffer Brothers before but I'm going to keep an eye out for their stuff from now on!

I think a lot of you are around my age, which is the age the kids were in the show. Did you catch what was missing in every single grocery store/bar/quickie-mart they went into?

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
We lived in the middle of nowhere, USA, and in 1982 you couldn't go into anyplace and not see a
rrr_img_137085.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
A lot of it felt like a John Hughes movie. Great show, I hope they hire these guys for more stuff. Never heard of the Duffer Brothers before but I'm going to keep an eye out for their stuff from now on!

I think a lot of you are around my age, which is the age the kids were in the show. Did you catch what was missing in every single grocery store/bar/quickie-mart they went into?
The only thing I knew them from before this was a couple of Wayward Pines season 1 episodes. This far far outpaced that.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Really enjoyed this series. I liked the middle part the best. The ending was kind of meh I felt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
For those that loved this show, if you want a decent movie to watch as well, I recommend this if you have not seen it.

The Mist (2007) - IMDb

It will be minus the 80's stuff and Goonies style kids, but still pretty good to watch when it comes to creepy/wtf is going on.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I actually thought ALL of the kids did a terrific job in their roles - and I usually cannot stand child actors. Liked this quite a bit, thought the end was the pinnacle of the season. Predictable, but a nice little summer surprise show.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The biggest unbelievable thing was:

Besides One Punch Hopper owning everyone hand to hand, even in the presence of guns,

The dorky ass science teacher and a hot asian chick. That's nerd fantasy, right there.

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That was all fan service man, it was an homage. Do you remember the 80s? Movies like Weird Science and Real Genius... and ALL of the Nerds movies... hot chicks were all over the nerds.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The biggest unbelievable thing was:

Besides One Punch Hopper owning everyone hand to hand, even in the presence of guns,

The dorky ass science teacher and a hot asian chick. That's nerd fantasy, right there.
"WHY ARE YOU KEEPING THIS CURIOUSITY DOOR CLOSED!?!?"

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users