Stranger Things

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
This is Burke we’re talking about here. He’s playing the long con and is willing to do whatever it takes to preserve a species. Don’t be fooled !

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally finished this up. Agree with most of the other comments, season was good but not on S1's level (didn't expect it to be though). I'm surprised how much Eleven was disjointed from the story until the end but it makes sense, she's got this power you can't have a character like that around all the time else it's always an auto-win. I'm not the biggest fan of Nancy but the scene with Dustin at the dance gets her huge points. Best scene in the season was Eleven coming into Will's house like a boss after taking out the demons/Mike reunion.

I feel there is more to the backstory with Max and her brother, the writers just didn't have enough time to explore it this season. If her brother doesn't wind up hooking up with Mike's mom, that will be disappointing.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Every 80s movie had to have a bully and every sequel had to have a better bully.

Of course it turned out that he had the dad from The Accountant.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Finished up last night. First few episodes were pretty boring, took me a week to get through those. Didnt get that 'hooked' feeling till ep 4 or 5, then i binge watched the rest yesterday.

The whole side plot with '8' felt weird. I thought she was gonna come back and help 11 in beating the mind flayer or something. Instead, we get a hint of her early on, then nothing till near the end and then only to help 11 power up.

Otherwise, i liked this season. It didnt feel as special, but nothing was ever going to live up to the magic of season 1. The epic moments were better, but the bad moments were worse. I.e. the highs were higher, lows were lower. More inconsistent then season 1 but about as good, imo, minus the out of place side plot.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just finished. Season 2 was good, not as good as season 1. I'm glad everyone here likes the show. Figures that FOH would like a show with someone named Millie staring in it and we can't tell if it's a boy or girl. I'm just glad (s)he is getting work after getting banned from the forums. Also, what is it about actors that make them so awesome as they get older? Paul Reiser was lovable in this. Kinda like Kurt Russel in the Fast & Furious movies, recent Arnold movies, etc, they just get awesome when they're older.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Just wrapped it all up last night, and before that, I rewatched Season 1 with my wife who loved both seasons as did I.

Not sure where they go now, but they have some fantastic writers. Does anyone else not want these kids to get old? I want them to stay right in the moment they are in. Dustin is my favorite. I love that little guy, and definitely an awesome part at the end with Nancy.

Wondering if they stay in the 80's - wonder if maybe they will segway into the 90's or maybe even go into some more detail about 11 early on - like a prequel of sorts.

I am also going to laugh if none of this happened and it was always 8.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Surprised no one saw what was happening with the out-of-nowhere shitty 8 episode:

It was a setup for an offshoot show featuring 8 and her crew. When the ratings/response to that episode were bad, the Duffer's and Netflix scrapped the idea.

Also confirmed they are only doing 4 seasons.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Surprised no one saw what was happening with the out-of-nowhere shitty 8 episode:

It was a setup for an offshoot show featuring 8 and her crew. When the ratings/response to that episode were bad, the Duffer's and Netflix scrapped the idea.

Also confirmed they are only doing 4 seasons.
That or just setting up future seasons with Eleven. Either way it was definitely the worst episode of the season to me.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
And a super hamfisted prof x and magneto training sequence with the rail car.

• 1Solidarity

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Beating season 1 was an insurmountable task to begin with but season 2 was perfectly fine. It held its own presenting a solid "coming of age" story for the kids even with the questionable 7th episode.

Saw a statement that I thought was quite appropriate: "Season 1 was like a love letter to 80's movies, season 2 was like an 80's movie."

• 1Solidarity

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Its just hilarious to me people are like "Watched all episodes in 2 days. It was shit." Ok so you spent that much of your life binge watching a show THAT quickly to come to the conclusion it was terrible? It was so bad you spent 4 hours a day watching it?

• 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It was a good season with one horrible, network-tv-esque episode. Still engrossing though and the kids are still as good as ever. Going to be weird though as they're getting older, Dustin will be in full beard in 2 years

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah it'll be weird because these kids will grow up fast. I almost wonder if they plan on finishing this cast off in a few years and reboot.

• 1Solidarity

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It was terrible. That info was from an interview with the Duffer's.
but see.. it wasn't that her and her crew were bad, I actually liked THEM. I hated how they only had her in ONE fucking episode and how out of place it felt to the rest of the story. Had they brought them into the main storyline, teamed up with 11 to defeat the shadow monster or something, that could have been awesome. Rest of 8's crew helps fight off the demon dogs with Jim while 8 and 11 go psychic warfare on the shadow together. It would have made the villain feel more epic then the demogorgon, requiring TWO psychics to defeat this time, rather then 11 going 'super flow nose bleed' mode.

As it stands, you could literally skip all those scenes and not miss anything relevant to the story.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Well then consider the possibility that they are introducing another mutant so that we know 11 is not the only one left alive. I can see season 3 and/or 4 bringing them all together for the final fight.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, i was hoping that was the direction they were going when they introduced 8.. but, they also made a point of saying how they only knew each other. Implying most of the others never panned out, or otherwise didnt develop powers.

I mean, it was only an implication, they didnt totally close off the possibility if they really wanna go that direction i suppose. Itll just feel a little ham fisted.