Stranger Things

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Teenage mutant punk death squad had so many problems.

Why were the others agreeing to 8 plans? Why were they tossing the gas station for cash when they supposedly had intelligence capabilities to track down multiple secret government agents? There were just so many plot holes in the entire episode.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Why wouldn't they agree to 8's plans? They made a point of saying she basically saved each of them, she was the leader and she is the one with powers.
I don't know what you mean by robbing the gas station being a plot hole. They are living off the radar, being hunted by the police and government. They can't exactly hold down jobs, and it'd take a lot of planning to rob a bank or something. The gas station is just one dude that 8 can handle herself non-violently, likely no cameras or other security to worry about either.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
'Stranger Things' Renewed for Season 3 at Netflix

well, it was picked up for season 3. No surprise but lets be honest here, season 2 was bad, almost True Detective season 2 bad. One dimensional characters with no development, forced sub-plot(s), generally bad writing.

Season 2 was awesome. I have no idea what you are talking about, and it sets the stage for something more than one story arc. They could go in many split directions now.

Anyway, the directors stated that they had planned for 4-5 seasons. So I would expect it to end at season 5.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Teenage mutant punk death squad had so many problems.

Why were the others agreeing to 8 plans? Why were they tossing the gas station for cash when they supposedly had intelligence capabilities to track down multiple secret government agents? There were just so many plot holes in the entire episode.

One of 11's powers is finding people.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Music sounds like Mass Effect to anyone else?

man Steve is driving some serious BMW there, inflation adjusted a $100k luxury car today.

Last edited:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
They have a small issue with power creep of their bad guys. First season was a demigorgon that they barely beat. Second season was a million of them, plus a mind flayer that they barely beat. If season 3 is a million mind flayers plus an even badder asser boss, it's going to be a little ridiculous.

Max's brother is definitely a peter puffer.

Max/Lucas kiss. Since I am basically the same age RL as those kids (I would have been around 10-12 when this story is set), my experience seems relevant. I had a cousin who was disowned by my uncle for kissing a black boy (he was divorced so he just sent her back to her mom and didn't see her for years). All of us cousins were pretty shocked that she was in trouble since she'd had boyfriends and kissed them before. We didn't understand the big deal but our parents were still pretty racist in the 80's.

The 8 episode sucked, I'm glad it was a one off. When she showed up and killed the demidogs later I realized it had to have been an empire/jedi homage. catatonic mama = ghost of OB1, Chicago = dagobah, 8 = yoda, the dude they punished = vader in the haunted cave, and of course "My friends are in danger I must go to them" = "My friends are in danger I must go to them". SO the whole episode was a training montage.

• 1Picard

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Well then consider the possibility that they are introducing another mutant so that we know 11 is not the only one left alive. I can see season 3 and/or 4 bringing them all together for the final fight.

After seeing 8 early on, I thought max and / or her brother were going to wind up being part of that program too. Max was pretty much always wearing long sleeves whenever I'd think to look for a tattoo. I didn't completely drop that theory until the episode where we actually saw their parents.

Last edited:

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
They didn't actually beat the swarm-leader-fog-monster... thing, 11 just sealed the dimensional rift. Which, depending, may be harder or easier than actually just killing the big thing but who knows. Most of the demi's in S2 were juvenile and so supposedly weaker, but even the juniors seemed way too damage resistant. I'm guessing 11 figured out there was a better way to kill them then "tear it apart almost atomically while simultaneously banishing us both back to the upside down" from S1 because frankly that was overkill.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wife and I watched S1 and 2 over the past 2 weeks. Really looking forward to S3.

As far as shadow/fog monster and the school goes, what about the rift from when 11 came back at the beginning of S2?

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wife and I watched S1 and 2 over the past 2 weeks. Really looking forward to S3.

As far as shadow/fog monster and the school goes, what about the rift from when 11 came back at the beginning of S2?

I think the main gate allows the barriers between reality to be thinned, and let people pass between our dimension and the upside down. Last season the Nancy and Steve went back and forth through a tree in the forest. With the main gate closed, travel should be prohibited.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
when Dustin was talking on the walkie talkie with Lucas' little sister, she interrupted him in the middle of a sentence. you can't do that on walkie talkies. immersion -- ruined.

I really liked the series. The only thing that would drive me crazy is the radio hopper used the entire series. The deputies always had era specific radios on their belts. For some odd reason they used a radio that is from 2018 that the people on the set would be using. You can see the 20 pin connector on the side of it where the accessories would connect. It's like they where short a radio and just told one of the grips to hand over his so they could keep shooting.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Looks like they spent some bux on remaking a very 80s mall as a location/set. I wonder what old abandoned mall they nabbed to do this in.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The filming has almost exclusively been in Georgia I believe thanks to those amazing tax credits they have.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Also in Indiana in the 80s it should be MusicLand, not Sam Goody

• 1Solidarity