Stranger Things

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I binged this show over the last month and I really like it a lot. They got the 80's vibe down pretty good. I liked Season 2 a lot, but it did start off slow like a lot of others have said. Thankfully it picked pretty quickly after the first couple episodes. The end of the season felt like an episode of Family Guy where they solve the entire season in 2 minutes. El comes back and poof everything is fixed for the most part.

Bob annoyed me at first, but I was pretty bummed they killed him off. He grew on me as a character and became likable to me. Nancy on the other hand I find very hot despite her being very average looking. I can't explain it.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
11.png

She has hair! I haven't seen season 2 yet so maybe it grows back :D

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Loved season 1 and thought season 2 was disappointing but I'll check out 3 for some more Winona even though she plays a fairly tedious character (if rather well).

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm not sure that I want to see young teen romance drama set against a backdrop of kinda spooky shennanigans. And that's the way that they HAVE to go.

I predict I watch 3 episodes of S3 and lose interest. I will give it the 3 episodes though.

I didn't even think S2 was that bad. I liked it well enough, the young romance angle was strong enough for me. Except for that one punk rock episode. That was irredeemably bad.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm not sure that I want to see young teen romance drama set against a backdrop of kinda spooky shennanigans. And that's the way that they HAVE to go.

I predict I watch 3 episodes of S3 and lose interest. I will give it the 3 episodes though.

I didn't even think S2 was that bad. I liked it well enough, the young romance angle was strong enough for me. Except for that one punk rock episode. That was irredeemably bad.

The punk rock episode was their testing for an off-shoot series that failed.

• 3Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Well, that dispelled whatever concerns I had about them getting creatively exhausted.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Some mall action sequences and chases are coming. Legit 80s feel there. My guess is the new mall is created and causes a massive problem with the small townies, but also its construction somehow unleashes the darkness. Like the ybuild the mall on top of where season 1 or 2s monster portal was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with that. One of the things that made season 1 so great was his redemption arc and the fact that they didn't go with the tired old trope of "nerdy nice guy wins the girl in the end"

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Awesome trailer. But, it reminded me how much I loath the stupid trope "using telekinetic powers gives you nosebleeds." I wish it would stop.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
It may be a stupid trope but it conveys in half a second everything you need to know about that scene. IMO better than having some 30+ second exposition about how El is channeling her midichlorians or some bullshit.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard