Stranger Things

iannis

Musty Nester
i didn't actually finish last season.

S1 was perfect, S2 was still good if rehashed and you ignore the spinoff episode. The stuff with Cooper trying to father the girl and her coming into puberty was worth the time. S3 they pretty much did exactly what I thought they had to do. Which is why I didn't finish it.

Which means S4 might be good again. It's not going to be S1 perfect. That's fine with me. I'll settle for good. The "kids" aren't kids anymore, even in the show they're gonna be creeping into 16-18. A timeskip to get them into the end of high school might be a good idea. I'd be perfectly alright with it if they started with graduation. But I don't expect them to depart from the formula quite that far. I hope they're in high school by now though.

If it starts with them starting high school... it's probably not going to be a very good season. Because it means they'll be aiming for those 80's high school movies. And they've already done that twice, and done it best with the finale of S2.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
No 2021 release, i wonder if this means they'll push it to Halloween 2022

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
3 years between seasons is way too long. I pretty much forgot about this show until this announcement.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
But still no date lol
D&D nerds don't get dates.

Will Stranger Things GIF by Nerdist.com

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob

yeah as animosity said may 27th for part 1, july 1st for part 2. Assume each is like 4-6 episodes all at once. THis is season 4, it is NOT the final season. Season 5 will drop ??? (next year? Halloween?) and is the final season. afaik season 5 hasn't even started filming yet.

i don't honestly care about Stranger Things anymore, 3 years since the last season is a huge issue.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah I think covid fucked up a lot of these shows schedules. It was basically 1-1.5 yrs of non filming for most of this shit. Witcher took a fucking while too.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah the kids will have grown noticeably older. They'll need to account for that in the story.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Stranger Things is targeted solidly at Gen Xers. I grew up in the midwest and was the same age as the characters are in 83/84 and the nostalgia feel of the thing is strong as hell. I actually go back and rewatch periodically just because its so damn fun.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
I wonder why they didn't just wait until Oct and release the entire season around halloween, its like the perfect show to binge around that time. Trailer did look good but yeah I'm not really sure I care that much anymore about any of these characters.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I wonder why they didn't just wait until Oct and release the entire season around halloween, its like the perfect show to binge around that time. Trailer did look good but yeah I'm not really sure I care that much anymore about any of these characters.

LMAO, yes delaying the release even further makes perfect sense

• 1Like