Stranger Things

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Episode 4 is excellent. We literally cheered at the end like a bunch of crazy people.

One of the cool things is that the split gives us all a chance to contemplate the state of things and theorize.

Best theory I have heard about the cliffhanger at the end of 7:

Robin was looking through Nancy's tapes when they were in her room before getting changed to go to the asylum and she and Eddie, the musician, went through the gate first so they'll be able to snap her out of it. This leads to the revelation that Eddie will be able to hold of Vecna during the final showdown with music thereby progressing his character arc.

My theory on the overarching plot of the season and how it leads to the final season 5:
The crux of the whole deal isn't just Vecna and the origin of One and Eleven but also the substance that "Papa" developed to control One : Soteria. It will probably be relevant for dealing with the inevitable problem with Russian 'supers' in the final season as everything comes to a head.

Last edited:

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Yeah this went from a slow crawl to an awesome last episode. It was almost like riding the first hill on the roller coaster. Once you get over the hill it rolls full speed. Great place to finish it. It really did a good job of explaining out pretty much everything from the beginning, and while the first 2 episodes were a bit drawn out, it was worth the ending. Now I am looking forward to Season 4.2.

If you cannot take the pace of the first 2 episodes...just fast forward through the boring stuff.
How many episodes is the second part supposed to be?

bolok

Trakanon Raider
On episode 5 and my major beef is that everyone is spread out too much so it’s trying to do this massive GoT level ensemble.
So far it’s switching between:
1. Hopper
2. Eleven and the doctors
3. Joyce and Murray
4. Mike, Will, Johnathan and the annoying Stoner
5. Dustin, Lucas, Harrington and Max
6. Nancy and the lesbian (although that was just for one episode)
You aren't wrong, but they're accelerating together pretty rapidly with where we are standing at the end of the last current episode. I think it's actually handled together pretty well. If we had to wait for a super long season or X seasons as in GOT it would have suffered just as much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
You aren't wrong, but they're accelerating together pretty rapidly with where we are standing at the end of the last current episode. I think it's actually handled together pretty well. If we had to wait for a super long season or X seasons as in GOT it would have suffered just as much.
Good to hear.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah they got the story moving and then ...we wait until July. You just know 11 is going to make a grand entrance when they all get back together.

spronk

FPS noob
We binged through it this weekend, as people said some parts were maybe a little overlong and lingered a bit too much but end of the day enjoyed it, just amazing directing/cinematography, I loved the times when they were switching between worlds and would have neat creative shots as it transitions. Pretty strong writing too, a few eye roll speeches but mostly felt very authentic and heartfelt. I do miss the big teamups but I expect part 2 to fulfill that in spades.

Part 2 will drop July 1st and its just two episodes, but episode 1 is 1h38m and the season finale is... 2 hours and 30 minutes long, LOL

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah we are essentially getting 2 movies and I imagine a good portion of the special effects.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Volume 1 was already longer than any season to date.

Season 1 : ~7 hours
Season 2 : ~7.75 hours
Season 3 : ~7.5 hours
Season 4 Vol 1: ~9 hours
Season 4 Vol 2: ~4 hours

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Netflix put up the end of episode 4 on youtube, the montage is probably one of my favorite scenes from this season. Wonder what kids today would imagine their life montage is

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Netflix put up the end of episode 4 on youtube, the montage is probably one of my favorite scenes from this season. Wonder what kids today would imagine their life montage is

The fact that the dude is in that full practical effect outfit (only CGI is the moving tentacles) and does the voice himself is quite remarkable.

They had him do two sides for the audition, one from Primal Fear and one from Hellraiser because they knew they wanted one person to portray both sides of the character.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I’m on episode 5. I’m not all in, but not all out either.

I feel like they have a cast and known characters and just no real story arc. Maybe it’s me, but I am also having a hard time telling who is who (or who was who).

It’s a little more gruesome than I recall any of the other seasons being. Plus the kid with the Kid N Play haircut needs to die. In fact, at this point, if the entire season 4 were like the game “Deathloop’” with him getting killed in a zillion ways, I’d probably be enjoying it more. But I digressed there…

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m on episode 5. I’m not all in, but not all out either.

I feel like they have a cast and known characters and just no real story arc. Maybe it’s me, but I am also having a hard time telling who is who (or who was who).

It’s a little more gruesome than I recall any of the other seasons being. Plus the kid with the Kid N Play haircut needs to die. In fact, at this point, if the entire season 4 were like the game “Deathloop’” with him getting killed in a zillion ways, I’d probably be enjoying it more. But I digressed there…
Just keep watching............

• 1Mother of God

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I started trying to watch Season 4 and had to stop at the beginning of Ep1 when they started arguing about the black guy skipping the basketball game for the D&D game. <record scratch> Will trying again at some point in the next week while on vacation.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just skim the first 2 episodes. They are fine enough but really do drag way to much. They could have just put the first 2 episodes into one 45 minute episode and then continued on.

• 1Like

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
This season has been absolutely incredible. Tons of awesome reveals in the last episode. Can't wait for 4.2.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

previous record was Bridgerton with 193m hours in March. 287m hours / 8.93 hours (total s4pt1 length) = 32m households watched S4 Pt 1, assuming everyone watched all 7 episodes which of course won't be true. So probably closer to 40-50m households, which seems big I guess

Xevy

Log Wizard
A lot shit happening, each story seems somewhat okay except the Mike etc story. The shootout was cool and stuff but I just don't really give a fuck about them finding NINA now and what? Saying "oh you're right bad guys are coming" that Brenner and Owens already knew was the case. Maybe those actors were busy and they just had a fuck-off series with them they could shoot in the desert in one week while everyone else did more locations.

It's been a while, but little miffed Eleven can talk, albeit poorly, in the flashbacks, but I'm guessing the use of her power is the reason she lost her speaking ability whether it was a stroke-like symptom or just trauma.

Season is a lot. A lot of it is pretty enjoyable, not as cringe or shit as other parts, Dustin, Steve, and Murray are all top-notch. I actually used to like the little black girl even though she's got like 300IQ and whatever, but they layed it on even thicker this season and it's annoying me now. Will and Mike might as well not fucking exist IMO, especially Will. Is he gay for Mike is that what they're aiming at? The googly eyes and the secret painting and the moping and shit. It's just very weird. I was thinking maybe he was into Eleven instead, but I've got no idea what they're going for.

Overall definitely pretty good and better than season 2 and I barely remember 3 so I can't say, but I'm guessing better than that one as well. The only storyline I think was superior was Billy milf-hunting, but alas he gon'.