Street Fighter 5

Column_sl

shitlord
Been playing this for the last few days. Really wish I could play my friends that are actually good at this game versus these constant jumping in idiots who never block.

I may get 1 good player out of like 20.

A friend of mine who is really good at SF in Texas bodied a whole bunch of pros like Ricky etc. I'm hoping he likes the game, but I can already see him getting bored. He told me the game just needs some extra mechanics like Vtrigger extensions etc.

We will see what happens when the game releases. It's still pretty early in its life cycle.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I honestly feel like a lot of the pros will get bodied early on. The are so use to SF4 I think it will take time for them to transition. I am by no means claiming your friend isn't good, just saying that doesn't surprise me either if a bunch of unknowns turn up and start taking down big names.

Combofiend was talking the other day that they are constantly looking to make changes and are tweaking stuff without announcing it. From what I heard even in between these last beta stress tests they did some tweaking. It seems they have the right mindset to make the game be good, just have to see if it continues.

Column_sl

shitlord
I honestly feel like a lot of the pros will get bodied early on. The are so use to SF4 I think it will take time for them to transition
Well don't know about that. All the Street Fighter games need a strong sense of fundamentals to play at that level, and this game is very footsies based. The Pros will be fine.

The biggest difference in the player base from Sf4 to SF5 is the "average player" won't be good like it is in SF4 right now due to abusing mechanics that are in that game. If they no longer can lean on those crutches, and never learned a strong footsie/neutral game they will fail in this.

You can see this right now in the SF5 beta.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Dude initially looks interesting to use, i like how they put him against Ryu to demo.

Needless

Toe Sucker
His moveset looks really fun, i'm assuming his tornado is his v-trigger... which looks like it's a ghetto aegis reflector which is pretty fucking cool and i can see setups coming from that thing for sure.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Rashid revealed on 9/11 instead of Guile? Capcom confirmed terrorists.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
My body is ready. Are those omega moves I see? Is that some red focus? Hnnnnngggggg must protect skies!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Zangief is a crowd pleaser. He's a bad guy. But that doesn't mean he's a bad guy.