Street Fighter 5

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They announced Bison about week ago. I honestly hope V doesn't use too many characters from IV. That'll make it boring.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Someone said it best in the first page. SF is the gold standard. Having said that I wouldn't mind seeing a of change that allows them to reinvent old characters. Ie Bison captures a bunch of people and modifies them. Honda is no longer a charge character. That type of stuff. I'm obviously in the minority tho.

Araxen

I think that is why they put Omega into Ultra to see what they can do with changing up moves.

Araxen

Details about Street Fighter 5

. V-Trigger and V-Skill are the games new mechanics. This iteration of Street Fighters has done away with Ultras and Focus Attack.

. Ryu's V-Skill is called "Mind's Eye." By pressing the medium buttons together, Ryu can parry both hits and projectiles. His V-Trigger is called "Denjin Renki."

. Chun-Li's V-Skill is called "Rankyaku" and it allows her to jump at a lower trajectory.

. M. Bison's V-Skill allows him to perform the Psycho Reflect, which sends projectiles flying back at the opponent at double speed.

. V-Skills can be used freely, at the cost of no meter.

. V-Trigger gives fighters a unique play-style. It can be activated by hitting the heavy buttons together when the V-Gauge is full.

. Ryu's V-Trigger puts him into a powered up state where he can more easily break the opponent's guard and charge his fireball.

. M. Bison uses Psycho Power during V-Trigger to power up special moves.

. Nash gains his teleport during V-Trigger.

. Chun-Li gets powered up normals in V-Trigger. They hit multiple times when in this state.

. V-Gauge can also be used for V-Reversals: a knock-back attack that works just like Alpha Counters. By pressing forward and all three punches or kicks (depending on which character you're playing) during a block, you can send the opponent flying at the cost of some meter.

. All V-Reversals don't have the same function. Some will knock the opponent down, while others can cause a side switch.

Column_sl

shitlord
Still looks slow to me, and they put out more footage early today.

Be interested to see how it moves when the pros take it for a ride at E3. Not overly ecstatic right now tho, but usually Capcom makes drastic changes from inital demos to release.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Looks good but I seriously have my doubts of Capcom not fucking up something, somewhere.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Clayfighters: Street Fighter Edition

I actually really liked the quasi-drawn/painted art style from the 4th installments, but this looks good as well.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
As someone who has played way too much Super Street Fighter 2 (the SNES is permanently hooked up at my moms house for xmas / thanksgiving) but hasn't played anything after that, why the fuck do they keep changing Guile's name? is it Guile or Charley or Nash or what?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guile is Guile, Charlie is his old war buddy, and Nash is Charlie using his last name and apparently having some weird surgery done to him. Ken and Ryu are different characters with roughly the same moves, and the same is true for Guile and Charlie.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I really like what I've seen so far. Too hard to tell anything until you play it or see it enough in competition. It does look slow though. Not sure that's entirely a bad thing with the new system.

Looking forward to a lot more gameplay.

Araxen

Guile is Guile, Charlie is his old war buddy, and Nash is Charlie using his last name and apparently having some weird surgery done to him. Ken and Ryu are different characters with roughly the same moves, and the same is true for Guile and Charlie.
Nash will not be a charge character supposedly in SFV.

Araxen

Twitch

E3 tourney going on right now. Kbrad, Justin, Snake, Daigo, Xian, etc are there.

I think the game looks awesome now. I can't wait to play it! No more focus bullshit is a godsend.

Zastlyn

Peasant
Twitch

E3 tourney going on right now. Kbrad, Justin, Snake, Daigo, Xian, etc are there.

I think the game looks awesome now. I can't wait to play it! No more focus bullshit is a godsend.
Game looks really great, really clean animations. Not nearly as SF4-y as it looked at 1st.

Column_sl

shitlord
I am white LOL, but yeah we still have no chance.

Whats funny is the faster games like the anime games,Smash, and MarvelvsCapcom White people win in. It's the slower games we can't compete.