Street Fighter 6

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Here's to hoping they'll shuttle Luke as a Captain Commando backstory and maybe we will get Mack and Ginzu.

I'll be shocked if they don't bring Sean back in for 6, after a brief intro and his sister being in the previous.

I'm guessing the story is going to lead into 3rd Strike, or around it. I'd imagine the story of the Final Fight crew is more or less over, and Cap Commando story will start to unfold for the whole metro city connection.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just played some UltraSF4 last night. This makes me happy. Well, it will if its not hot garbage like SF5 was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SF5 was so bad that even as a casual, I have zero interest in this game. I was not that especially fond of SF4, but it sort of grew on me after a while and then SF5 managed to shit all over the things I liked about that game.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SF5 was so bad that even as a casual, I have zero interest in this game. I was not that especially fond of SF4, but it sort of grew on me after a while and then SF5 managed to shit all over the things I liked about that game.

I can watch competitive SFIV all night long, but SFV bores me to tears. I miss the SFIV scene so bad. lol

I have no faith SFVI will lean towards SFIV. It'll most than likely sadly lean on SFV hard.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can watch competitive SFIV all night long, but SFV bores me to tears. I miss the SFIV scene so bad. lol

I have no faith SFVI will lean towards SFIV. It'll most than likely sadly lean on SFV hard.
What makes you think that?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm still trying to beat Street Fighter 1. Yeah, I've got the Switch collection with a ton of SF2/3/Alpha versions as well as SF1 (which is hard to find otherwise). I can't get anywhere with SF1, I just get murdered over and over again. I can squeak past the first fight >50% of the time, but not the second. I think I won it once and then got stomped by the third fight. No clue how in the blue hell you're supposed to play SF1.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm still trying to beat Street Fighter 1. Yeah, I've got the Switch collection with a ton of SF2/3/Alpha versions as well as SF1 (which is hard to find otherwise). I can't get anywhere with SF1, I just get murdered over and over again. I can squeak past the first fight >50% of the time, but not the second. I think I won it once and then got stomped by the third fight. No clue how in the blue hell you're supposed to play SF1.

I have an arcade machine of MK2. It is even harder than that.

Every fight is as hard as Smoke/Jade or whatever in the console ones.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
it has been a few weeks since this was a announced
I feel like the excitement for me came late, when it was shown i was like "cool"
but now im excited
plus the added news that there new blood working on the game is a highlight

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Not a given anymore, but I'd expect some more info at evo, assuming it actually happens this year.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

You're not. You're supposed to shove in quarters until you run out of money

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>

I saw a random tidbit once from Justin Wong when I watched him play SF1 once. Maybe it's useful

The special moves are very strong in sf1 iirc, just very hard to pull off.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You're not. You're supposed to shove in quarters until you run out of money
I put sooo many quarters into Street Fighter 1 back in the day. I made it back though, ended up working at that same arcade when MK came out and played that shit for free.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I saw a random tidbit once from Justin Wong when I watched him play SF1 once. Maybe it's useful

The special moves are very strong in sf1 iirc, just very hard to pull off.
No comment on whether it's easy mode that way or not. But how does anyone who is that far the rabbit hole as to be fucking around with sf1 not know what negative edge means?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have an arcade machine of MK2. It is even harder than that.

Every fight is as hard as Smoke/Jade or whatever in the console ones.
MK2 was one of the first games I can remember pre-internet where there were so many secrets and secret characters you never knew what was rumor and what was not. Little hints in a Nintendo Power or people at school claiming they saw someone play a green colored Scorpion at the arcade were all over the place.

The only other game to come close was NBA Jam with all the secret characters... and then Final Fantasy 7 with chocobo breeding but at that time you could find some info online if you knew where to look.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
MK2 was one of the first games I can remember pre-internet where there were so many secrets and secret characters you never knew what was rumor and what was not. Little hints in a Nintendo Power or people at school claiming they saw someone play a green colored Scorpion at the arcade were all over the place.

The only other game to come close was NBA Jam with all the secret characters... and then Final Fantasy 7 with chocobo breeding but at that time you could find some info online if you knew where to look.

For me it was wanting to fight that permanently on fire Liu Kang or any of those other mysterious background characters

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

You never defeated Sheng Long to stand a chance?

• 1Like