Strife - 2nd gen MOBA

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
From what I see item quality gives full factors of strength over basic items. Significantly more than a rune page.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
From what I see item quality gives full factors of strength over basic items. Significantly more than a rune page.
Not sure where you're seeing that but that's not the case on the stuff I've crafted or the stuff I've seen crafted. Common bonus seems to be about 10% stat increase on the item, rare bonus adds like 1-5%lifesteal or shit like that(depends on item price it seems, but might just be a roll on the mod) and legendary adds about 10-20% more of the item power but in different ways(for example item gets a charge system on kills or gives a proc chance to do something), often by adding additional mechanics. Considering you still have to actually buy the items, it doesn't seem to be quite different no, it definitely gives an edge but no more than being 30 and having a runepage gives an edge.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I enjoy the gameplay, very LoL-ish with a mix of new mechanics. A lot of skills remind me of Dota/HoN, which considering its S2 no real surprise there.

The crafting/enchanting is really just a pain in the ass. Its confusing to say the least, even after reading that guide. I usually prefer to maximize the use of my resources so I don't just craft to "try it", especially when I barely know what is going on.

Everything ingame seems decent so far, the out of game stuff may need some time to get used to.

I plan on playing every hero once to test each, 3 down so far.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
add me, i'm straylight

i mostly only play Moxie, because cosmic space wizard cats are best.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have any beta keys? Friend of mine wants me to play with him. I hear it's pretty good.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm really torn on this game. The gameplay is fun, but its hard to enjoy it with the crafting/enchanting mechanics. I know its meant to be grindy, but having stuff 'break' unless you pay a shitload of mats is the kind of thing that turns me away from games. I used to love playing Gunbound but I could never play with items because they always went away after a few days/week and it was just not fun losing something you made with mats you've earned. I suppose 15 days isn't too bad which should give plenty of time to temper it, maybe 100 enchanting mats instead of 150.

Obviously they need their money, I just wish there was another way to get it.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm really torn on this game. The gameplay is fun, but its hard to enjoy it with the crafting/enchanting mechanics. I know its meant to be grindy, but having stuff 'break' unless you pay a shitload of mats is the kind of thing that turns me away from games.
That's kind of how I'm feeling too. I don't like the idea of having to do upkeep just to stay competitive. League of Legends is already grindy as hell, but atleast when I buy something, I have it for good.

Something with the game does feel kind of off too me. It's hard to put my finger on what exactly it is, but it's just a general 'feel'. If I had to describe it...it just doesn't feel as 'tactile' as League of Legends, like there's not much impact or feedback when doing actions (for lack of a better description). Everything just feels kind of floaty to me: movement, actions, abilities.

I've sort of enjoyed my games, and will probably keep playing though, especially since League of Legends server stability has been really volatile.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I think the FOV is similar to Dota 2. I remember having issues when I first started playing Dota after playing League for quite a while. You get used to it, even if it seems unbearable at first.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
That's probably it. Because now that I think of it, it's the same feeling I had when I tried DOTA2 a year ago.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I get the impression that champs snowball harder or get out of control faster in this game. Maybe that is just me though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I get the impression that champs snowball harder or get out of control faster in this game. Maybe that is just me though.
Depends on the hero, the scaling seems kinda off for some of them. I think part of it is due to Power being % based as a whole factor for everything. In LoL, AP(and AD) have individual ratios on every skills to some skills have a strong base but shit scaling, some have good scaling but shit base and some have neither due to having other good advantages(CC, cooldown etc). In dota spells don't scale but at the same time the base skills are multiple times stronger(they also cost like 30% of your mana pool so that's another thing). So some heroes I feel start becoming ridiculous when farmed, like most of the casters are pretty fucking crazy once they're farmed. The rat also scales insanely well, I think because AD gets both direct damage items and the % scaling of power, so those items increase damage exponentially and he has already strong autoattack passives.

Teams as a whole snowball a lot harder though, cause if you're winning all your lanes, everyone is that much richer due to global gold sharing, on the contrary if your other lanes aren't last hitting properly, you'll get shit on by the enemy laner even if you're winning yours, it's a bit weird. There's a lot of gold in the jungle that no one kills most of the games I've played too, I often go there inbetween creepwaves to kill the easy camps and shit. Especially when a camp spawns as a chest, it's like 200g for that creep and it's easy to kill at 15+mins plus the out of combat regen will heal you up when you go back to lane/wherever.

Eonan

Doer of Things
There really is nothing about this game that screams "2nd Gen" to me. It is nothing more than another variation on standard MOBA's, albeit with a significantly limited hero selection and nothing in the way of "new" abilities. Each hero is really just a combination of other heroes from DOTA2 and LoL.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
The good:

- I really like the pet idea
- The graphics/movement/etc is very good quality.. what i would expect from s2 after seeing HoN
- Heroes are pretty well done
- I think the tutorial was the right amount of length without being too annoying
- shared gold is really much more fun in lane

The bad:
-The ui is god awful.. I could write a whole book on just how bad it is... it is not intuitive at all.. hides important inofmraiton.. and when you finally find out how to show that info, its presented in a really complicated way.
- Out of combat regen is too strong.. makes melee really strong in lane and makes harass pointless
- The item shop is really confusing - this is kinda related to UI though.. the tiled view is a lot easier to understand

sebur

Bronze Squire
The good:

- I really like the pet idea
- The graphics/movement/etc is very good quality.. what i would expect from s2 after seeing HoN
- Heroes are pretty well done
- I think the tutorial was the right amount of length without being too annoying
- shared gold is really much more fun in lane

The bad:
-The ui is god awful.. I could write a whole book on just how bad it is... it is not intuitive at all.. hides important inofmraiton.. and when you finally find out how to show that info, its presented in a really complicated way.
- Out of combat regen is too strong.. makes melee really strong in lane and makes harass pointless
- The item shop is really confusing - this is kinda related to UI though.. the tiled view is a lot easier to understand
I will agree here. As stated, the UI just hides entirely too much information or makes it more complicated to look at even if you know where the information is. Another example of this would be the hero levels being hidden. I think my biggest complaint is the UI.

Seems interesting, but gotta wait and see how this and Heroes of the Storm by Blizzard distinguish itself from the current MOBA available now.

Sulrn

Deuces
Seems interesting, but gotta wait and see how this and Heroes of the Storm by Blizzard distinguish itself from the current MOBA available now.
HoTS (barring any major gameplay changes) is already distinguished with where it's going.