Subnautica

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
SJW shit, pass.

The main dev threw the sound designer under the buss because an old tweet got brigaded by faggots on the new neogaf forum.

Like seriously, this is some of the most heinous shit I've seen from a dev since the beginning of GG.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd put in for a refund if I hadn't already put 21 hours into the game in the last day and a half.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rime

<Donor>
Everyone I know who has this game, has had it for years. It was in a Humble Monthly bundle and another game bundle years ago. They have sold all they can expect to their intended audience, so now they are fishing for the SJW buyers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Subnautica reddit is not happy with this capitulation.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Spent like 3-4 hours last night nudging the cyclops down into a corner of the lost river and building a base near a giant fucking dragon skeleton or something. Just far enough away that the bigass leviathan won't come after me, but I can brawl with him in my prawn while im mining if I feel like it. Thankfully from now on I can just take the seamoth to get back.

I think this is the most immersive game I've ever played.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
have my prawn & cyclops, but can't find any upgrades for them. I can't find nickle for the depth thing for prawn. can't find prawn drill nor grapling hook. i probably skipped a wreckage so just cruising around. i've started collecting stalker eggs to grow in the alien containment, with the sole intent to feed them to the bio energy drive thing.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well you can look at the wiki if you want it spoiled for you, all I'll say is that you can get to nickel without a depth upgrade for the prawn, but you'll need the drill arm. There is no specific spot for prawn arms, any large wreck should have something and basically anything farther out than the center biomes will have a large wreck or two. You'll also need the first depth upgrade for the cyclops unless you plan to do a loooot of hoofing it in the prawn.

Unrelated.

Built small scanner bases in the dunes and mountains, then decided to go back and explore the lost river a bit now that I have the first depth upgrade for the prawn. Found a partially collapsed alien facility!!! Seems like it was used for research or containment, forgot to bring one of those alien key things with me so im gonna have to jog back to my base and craft one I guess. So fun to find htis shit without following a guide

*edit* I guess it was a containment/research lab and it's part of the story, the advancement of your infection is apparently tied to your story progress. Yikes!

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
have my prawn & cyclops, but can't find any upgrades for them. I can't find nickle for the depth thing for prawn. can't find prawn drill nor grapling hook. i probably skipped a wreckage so just cruising around. i've started collecting stalker eggs to grow in the alien containment, with the sole intent to feed them to the bio energy drive thing.

it's nice, there are several ways to proceed energy wise. i have never put anything but marblemelons in the bioreactor.

as for you nickel conundrum...

i'll let you know that you don't NEED the prawn suit to get what you need, though it does help. at the time, i just had my seamoth at max depth. i don't want to give too much away because discovery is the heart of this game, just that you can get all the nickel you need only using the seamoth. if you want more info i can pm you

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
h4x i dont remember seeing any hand harvestable nickel
Its in the same spot, just its hard to see because it blends in REALLY well. Unless of course we are talking about two separate spots

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got my nickel in the lost river, only deposits down there. Im sure there's somewhere else above 900 you can get it thoguh.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Truth be told I'm kinda glad it was too late to get a refund. Finished my game earlier this afternoon at almost exactly 45 hours played, probably would have taken 15-20 hours longer if I hadn't given in to the urge to use the wiki to find out where to get some of the 'second tier' crafting mats instead of tracking them down the slow way. My single biggest gripe is how tedious it is to build bases without the cyclops, and if you have the cyclops you hardly even need to build bases. What would be great is if there was a mod that let you break titanium ingots back down into raw titanium, i'd even be fine with it if you only got 8 back when you disassembled them. You just have to cart so damn much raw titanium around, on top of all the various other materials. Second gripe is that the indoor grow bed just about completely trivializes food and water production and you get it at damn near the beginning of the game. I might do either a no cyclops/interior grow bed playthrough, or just a no building 30 storage lockers on the cyclops playthrough.

Speaking of the beginning of the game, the first time I visited the floating island (the aurora rendezvous coordinates) I blew off my PDA telling me there were multiple power sources on the island and didn't bother exploring it. Whoops. Ended up checking the wiki wondering why the hell I couldn't build the multipurpose base room and realized that those tidbits from the PDA are the closest thing to hand-holding the game has.

Oldbased

> Than U
Truth be told I'm kinda glad it was too late to get a refund. Finished my game earlier this afternoon at almost exactly 45 hours played, probably would have taken 15-20 hours longer if I hadn't given in to the urge to use the wiki to find out where to get some of the 'second tier' crafting mats instead of tracking them down the slow way. My single biggest gripe is how tedious it is to build bases without the cyclops, and if you have the cyclops you hardly even need to build bases. What would be great is if there was a mod that let you break titanium ingots back down into raw titanium, i'd even be fine with it if you only got 8 back when you disassembled them. You just have to cart so damn much raw titanium around, on top of all the various other materials. Second gripe is that the indoor grow bed just about completely trivializes food and water production and you get it at damn near the beginning of the game. I might do either a no cyclops/interior grow bed playthrough, or just a no building 30 storage lockers on the cyclops playthrough.

Speaking of the beginning of the game, the first time I visited the floating island (the aurora rendezvous coordinates) I blew off my PDA telling me there were multiple power sources on the island and didn't bother exploring it. Whoops. Ended up checking the wiki wondering why the hell I couldn't build the multipurpose base room and realized that those tidbits from the PDA are the closest thing to hand-holding the game has.
Oh it is a somewhat solid game. It still had quite a few bugs that sometimes you got dealt a shitty hand on a new game in piece/part placements and a few glitches graphically.
I found my best course of action was to let them know I didn't approve. They are working on a paid DLC and then another game so that feedback is plenty. They could do better in the future to show more tolerance.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Saw a screenshot of a guy who made it to the primary containment facility in an hour and a half. what the fuck.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I took a look at it for about an hour. Very pretty and the sound was nice but I had already gotten a lot of very similar gameplay from Empyrion, which I like better.

Plus I couldn't find salt to make water, which I apparently needed to make bleach to purify water. I just don't have patience for shit any more.

Maybe I'm just getting old. I've been looking for something to really grab my attention find very few games to be compelling these days. A lot of turds floating around. Every now and then I find something that will draw me in for 30 hours or so but eventually they become tedious.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had the same problem every time I tried to play it during early access.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I, on the other hand, barely made it 24 hours after completing my first playthrough to start another one, although I didn't go quite so obsessively crazy this time. Decided to do a no Cyclops playthrough, got everything done and I'm building the Neptune, and oh yeah that's right I forgot the cockpit needs a cyclops shielding module, and you can only craft cyclops modules from the crafting station on a cyclops.

mq2PgF3.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
still going slow, fun game to decompress despite the stress it gives. got my prawn's grappling hook and drill, ready to kill my first reaper. few back and forths, get out to repair a few times, ready for a 3rd ride, and let go on accident, i'm flying through water. i was killing the 1st reaper you find near the main ship crash. before i know it, i'm 500m down and my 1st base is 1500 meters away. can't slow down my decent, nothing around but water. i finally 'land' around 1100 meters (100 above max depth) in what i assume is one of the lava zones. i have 1 food and 1 water on me and 1 set of extra power cells. luckily, i made it to the lost river the other day and i setup a base there w/ power & food. spiderman my way there with little time to spare food wise. it'll be a long way back to my cyclops and base. holy crap this game is immersive.