Succession

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Great finale.

Went to Dundee a couple of weeks ago. Asked my mate who lives there to go see the bandstand in the park. She's like, "what the fuck do you want to go see that for?".

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I wonder what Logan promised Tom to snitch.
I don't think it was prearranged. I am pretty sure Tom realized the safer bet for his own success/longevity was being loyal to Logan. As much as Tom loves Shiv he knows she does not feel the same way, he has known it since their Wedding night and he finally admitted it to himself.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Could the old man be doing this on purpose to show his kids not to trust anyone and be as cut throat as possible if you want to run a media empire? Like they have to kill the king to be the next ruler even if it's your father.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Could the old man be doing this on purpose to show his kids not to trust anyone and be as cut throat as possible if you want to run a media empire? Like they have to kill the king to be the next ruler even if it's your father.

That's literally what they walked in there to do, lmao

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn that was a good episode. That family will fuck over anyone, it’s insane. Greg is so pointless it’s funny, which is the reason for his character. I hate Tom but him getting a backbone and backstabbing Shiv finally was gold.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
That's literally what they walked in there to do, lmao
Yeah but they were being vaginas about it. They didn't have shit other then some stupid super majority. No plan b or anything. You can't run a business with one plan.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Didn't realize it was the finale with all other seasons having 10 episodes, so that is disappointing. What confuses me is the phone call from Shiv to Tom. The trio took what they made seem like a pretty long car ride. It was late afternoon and sun was out when they left and nearly dark when they got there. Yet somehow Tom is already there to make his appearance right along with them.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yeah but they were being vaginas about it. They didn't have shit other then some stupid super majority. No plan b or anything. You can't run a business with one plan.

I feel like I'm having to explain the episode to you step by step.

Their whole board majority was baked in - they literally said it was part of their mother's divorce agreement to secure their future and their positions within the company. That was literally the entire point of the episode - that they put personal differences, rivalry and recent history aside to finally unite and usurp their father. They went in there believing their position was airtight because it was their mothers doing and a mother would never sell out her own children.

Except that's exactly what happened - the seeds of this were sown in the previous episodes that showed her to be not entirely caring, and her trade/new arrangement with Logan benefitted the new husband "he's terribly excited" which was also referred to in the previous episode when he approached Logan looking for parliamentary access.

They were betrayed by both Tom and their mother.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Didn't realize it was the finale with all other seasons having 10 episodes, so that is disappointing. What confuses me is the phone call from Shiv to Tom. The trio took what they made seem like a pretty long car ride. It was late afternoon and sun was out when they left and nearly dark when they got there. Yet somehow Tom is already there to make his appearance right along with them.
Prior to the ending, the last time Tom was on camera was during the day at the wedding when he asked Greg to sell his soul. He then said something to the effect of "gotta go, lots to do."

My guess is he left shortly after that conversation with Greg, only a little bit behind Shiv and crew.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I appreciate recaps and stuff because I'm not the best w/ nuances at times, allowing me to make sure I got the overarching meanings, the buttons being pressed and the threads wrapping the way they are. The big thing to me as this episode concluded is it felt like a reprise all the way back to the beginning of season 1. We returned to that brief solidarity w/ the siblings aligned against their father before the infighting erupted, but because they couldn't maintain that here we are 3 seasons later and they find that the consequences of that dissonance are here. The thought they were gambling with house money and suddenly find they may have no house.

Anyways, here's the podcast and post-episode stuff. The podcast should be good, it's with creator Jesse Armstrong.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fuck yeah, Tom! I fucking LOVE him sticking it to that turbo cunt and the look on her face.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuck yeah, Tom! I fucking LOVE him sticking it to that turbo cunt and the look on her face.
I felt so bad for Tom in last weeks episode when Shiv said “you know I love you, but I’m not in love with you”. His face was so devastated to accept it. Glad he’s getting revenge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
It is more nit picky than anything, just think their display of time was off a bit. In the scenes you can tell its dusk when Shiv calls him, and Tom is still at the party talking to Greg with same dust lighting.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
It is more nit picky than anything, just think their display of time was off a bit. In the scenes you can tell its dusk when Shiv calls him, and Tom is still at the party talking to Greg with same dust lighting.
Dusk is after Sunset.

They show a landscape angle where the Sun is above the rolling hills, not yet Sunset.

1639430736491.png

Tom talking to Greg appears to be within minutes of the call with Shiv based on the color of the sky.

1639431687581.png

The final scene it appears that Tom shows up within 10 minutes of Shiv and crew, however, this scene nothing like that badass one take scene form The Haunting of the Hill House. They could have been there for 30-45 minutes before Tom arrived.

Also, Logan could have just told Tom to
image.gif

Sending a private choppa would be very likely considering Tom literally just saved Logan's ass.

Lastly, this is not the hill I am going to die, I just thought this would be a fun answer so could bring up the Hill House scene and use an Arnold GIF.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Tom and a choppa makes the story even better. Was one of his conditions that he gets to be there in person to "comfort" Shiv.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Logan: "Let's go see Hans Cristian Anderfuck and see if he's been telling us fucking fairy tales." Queue badass intro.

The fuck count on this show is to my fucking liking.

• 2Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Episode was sooo good. Had anxiety the whole episode knowing it would be the last episode for a while.