Succession

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I highly doubt he died. Just a cheesy cliff hanger tactic used for years on tv, "Toon in next week at the same Bat Time on the same Bath Channel to see if Robin lives."

Like when Jaime sinks after the Gold Road attack

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Like when Jaime sinks after the Gold Road attack
Yes but…GoT is also what made it acceptable to off a main character in a series with zero fucks given.
9FF5ABE3-177D-404B-B257-03C2B56FDE26.gif

I don’t think they’ll kill Kendall either, but it wouldn’t shock me if they did.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don’t think they’ll kill Kendall either, but it wouldn’t shock me if they did.
If they do, I dont think they would do it in a lazy way where he drowns off screen between episodes. But they cant kill him off, we need more rapping Kendall.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If they do, I dont think they would do it in a lazy way where he drowns off screen between episodes. But they cant kill him off, we need more rapping Kendall.
Not sure what is more cringe…Kendall rapping or Greg trying to pick up a chick.🤔

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I hope he's dead, and suspect he is. The entire series, they've foreshadowed his suicidal tendencies and his own dad installed safety glass around the building for fear of that very thing. There have been several important scenes in the series where Kendall is found submerged by water. In his birthday episode, the "theme' is Notorious Ken, Ready to Die. By the end of that episode he's staring longingly at a piece of art that's been used for a number of suicides in NYC in recent years (this is actually true, and I believe they've closed that now). Also, the scene with Logan earlier in the episode cut right to the heart of the matter, with his father going as far to ask his son how long the waiter was under water before dying. Did he purposefully kill himself? Did he reminisce on his fathers painful words from the previous evening and try to "feel" what the waiter felt before his death, only to go to far with (due to intoxication, etc). It feels poetic, and if he survives it cheapens the writing of the show significantly. This season has been fairly mediocre to this point, with last weeks episode the only "great" episode but is redeemable should they go all the way. I think "best" case scenario is he's seriously hurt and in a coma or something but even that feels kinda like a "gotcha!". The writers clearly are going for some kind of Greek Family Tragedy, and more of the same doesn't fit with the imagery and set up we've seen over the seasons.

Some of Strongs interviews as well seem to imply that he may not be long for the show, as he's had a few major movie deals come his way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Only reason I don't think he's dead is because his kids were there. The one thing about his character is that he wants to be better than his Dad and killing yourself in front of your kids probably wouldn't do that.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Only reason I don't think he's dead is because his kids were there. The one thing about his character is that he wants to be better than his Dad and killing yourself in front of your kids probably wouldn't do that.
LOL at expecting a strung out junkie to be thinking "logically" or rationally about things like that.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I hope he's dead, and suspect he is. The entire series, they've foreshadowed his suicidal tendencies and his own dad installed safety glass around the building for fear of that very thing. There have been several important scenes in the series where Kendall is found submerged by water. In his birthday episode, the "theme' is Notorious Ken, Ready to Die. By the end of that episode he's staring longingly at a piece of art that's been used for a number of suicides in NYC in recent years (this is actually true, and I believe they've closed that now). Also, the scene with Logan earlier in the episode cut right to the heart of the matter, with his father going as far to ask his son how long the waiter was under water before dying. Did he purposefully kill himself? Did he reminisce on his fathers painful words from the previous evening and try to "feel" what the waiter felt before his death, only to go to far with (due to intoxication, etc). It feels poetic, and if he survives it cheapens the writing of the show significantly. This season has been fairly mediocre to this point, with last weeks episode the only "great" episode but is redeemable should they go all the way. I think "best" case scenario is he's seriously hurt and in a coma or something but even that feels kinda like a "gotcha!". The writers clearly are going for some kind of Greek Family Tragedy, and more of the same doesn't fit with the imagery and set up we've seen over the seasons.

Some of Strongs interviews as well seem to imply that he may not be long for the show, as he's had a few major movie deals come his way.
I like your take, and would go even further and say they should slowly kill off the children over the course of a few more seasons. roman would die in some insane closet masturbation self-asphyxiation thing gone wrong, Tom would murder-suicide shiv and himself after his marriage finally ends, Connor gets politically assassinated jack ruby style, greg... i dunno hit by a bus, fall off a boat, or something equally stupid. All leaving Logan completely bereft of his legacy and alone, rendering everything he did for his family wasted.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hope he's dead, and suspect he is. The entire series, they've foreshadowed his suicidal tendencies and his own dad installed safety glass around the building for fear of that very thing. There have been several important scenes in the series where Kendall is found submerged by water. In his birthday episode, the "theme' is Notorious Ken, Ready to Die. By the end of that episode he's staring longingly at a piece of art that's been used for a number of suicides in NYC in recent years (this is actually true, and I believe they've closed that now).
Did you catch that on your own? If so that is a hell of a detail to notice and connection to make.

I wasn't certain what scene you were referring to until I Googled "suicide art NYC".
1639118200248.png

Animosity

The creator said the show wont go past 5 seasons, but could end with season 4. I expect a good cliffhanger on this next episode.

Jozu

Yea what a fantastic finale.

Just great in every single way.

I love how Greg has just morphed into this have-not shit-brained opportunist. He is still trapped by continuously trying to benefit, this time he gives in to his young man emotions and is pivoting from girl to girl and just is so awkward and out of touch. The medieval type pick up line was hilarious though lol.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Incredible episode of television - up there with the UFO episode of Fargo season 2 for me in terms of a single episode reaching new heights