Succession

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think favorite thing about this show is that my wife's favorite movie is pride and prejudice and Tom has pretty much ruined it for her.

Well, Pride and Prejudice is great, but only due to the glowing reviews by Mark Twain:

"Jane Austen? Why I go so far as to say that any library is a good library that does not contain a volume by Jane Austen. Even if it contains no other book."​
- quoted in Remembered Yesterdays, Robert Underwood Johnson​
"I haven't any right to criticise books, and I don't do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticise Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Everytime I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone."​
- Letter to Joseph Twichell, 13 September 1898​
"To me his prose is unreadable -- like Jane Austin's [sic]. No there is a difference. I could read his prose on salary, but not Jane's. Jane is entirely impossible. It seems a great pity that they allowed her to die a natural death."​
- Letter to W. D. Howells, 18 January 1909​
"Whenever I take up "Pride and Prejudice" or "Sense and Sensibility," I feel like a barkeeper entering the Kingdom of Heaven. I mean, I feel as he would probably feel, would almost certainly feel. I am quite sure I know what his sensations would be -- and his private comments. He would be certain to curl his lip, as those ultra-good Presbyterians went filing self-complacently along.​
...​
She makes me detest all her people, without reserve. Is that her intention? It is not believable. Then is it her purpose to make the reader detest her people up to the middle of the book and like them in the rest of the chapters? That could be. That would be high art. It would be worth while, too. Some day I will examine the other end of her books and see."​
- "Jane Austen," published in 2009 in Who Is Mark Twain?
Tom was in The Pillars of the Earth too, maybe that will help her get back into his historical drama rolls. He plays an honest Priest.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
God damn so many buttons pressed and levers pulled this episode. So many people off the rails at the same time. That was wild.

'privacy, pussy, pasta' - lol.

Damnit, only 2 episodes left.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This season is really missing an infusion of new characters to mix things up a bit. Everyone is just doing themselves and there is not much character progression going on.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Logan using his grandkid as a food tester was hilarious, and then later the whole pic thing, actual lolz

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I started dying laughing as soon as his Dad's notification sound went off. Then Roman explaining dick pics to his Boomer dad just kept it going. I was probably laughing for a solid 5 minutes, until Chiv started being her typical cunt self.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Holy fuck what an amazing episode. One of my fav ones of the show. Everyone seemed a tiny bit extra cruel then normal.

Why would Logan go to his ex wife's wedding? I thought that was a bit out of character.

The DP though ... oh man. Too funny. Fucking Roman squirming as soon as he realized what he's done was amazing.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Great. I have an early morning, but wanted to get caught up on Succession before going to bed. I figured one more hour won't hurt.

I come to find out I'm two episodes behind...here we go.

It was worth staying up.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Well, Pride and Prejudice is great, but only due to the glowing reviews by Mark Twain:

"Jane Austen? Why I go so far as to say that any library is a good library that does not contain a volume by Jane Austen. Even if it contains no other book."​
- quoted in Remembered Yesterdays, Robert Underwood Johnson​
"I haven't any right to criticise books, and I don't do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticise Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Everytime I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone."​
- Letter to Joseph Twichell, 13 September 1898​
"To me his prose is unreadable -- like Jane Austin's [sic]. No there is a difference. I could read his prose on salary, but not Jane's. Jane is entirely impossible. It seems a great pity that they allowed her to die a natural death."​
- Letter to W. D. Howells, 18 January 1909​
"Whenever I take up "Pride and Prejudice" or "Sense and Sensibility," I feel like a barkeeper entering the Kingdom of Heaven. I mean, I feel as he would probably feel, would almost certainly feel. I am quite sure I know what his sensations would be -- and his private comments. He would be certain to curl his lip, as those ultra-good Presbyterians went filing self-complacently along.​
...​
She makes me detest all her people, without reserve. Is that her intention? It is not believable. Then is it her purpose to make the reader detest her people up to the middle of the book and like them in the rest of the chapters? That could be. That would be high art. It would be worth while, too. Some day I will examine the other end of her books and see."​
- "Jane Austen," published in 2009 in Who Is Mark Twain?
Tom was in The Pillars of the Earth too, maybe that will help her get back into his historical drama rolls. He plays an honest Priest.

Sounds like he reads her books over and over. Strange behavior for something you hate.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Holy fuck what an amazing episode. One of my fav ones of the show. Everyone seemed a tiny bit extra cruel then normal.

Why would Logan go to his ex wife's wedding? I thought that was a bit out of character.

The DP though ... oh man. Too funny. Fucking Roman squirming as soon as he realized what he's done was amazing.

It's a High Society thing - she's English nobility, hence her numerous sniping/biting comments about her husband to be being a "grasping scholarship boy". Grasping implying that he's reaching for more status, scholarship that he got a hand-out/leg-up to achieve what status he has. It's also why they all flew in for her wedding and why she invited her magnate ex-husband and disinvited her own son from some of the festivities in favour of that ex husband

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Roman has some great lines, but the Greg and Tom moments make me laugh out loud which isn’t something I normally do.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
#ClassicRoman
rocket-explosion.gif

unnamed__3_.gif

BouncyFriendlyIndri-max-1mb.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
This was such an amazing hour of television.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess the talk around the interwebs is that Kendal drown himself at the end of the episode? I dunno. Maybe he ends up in the hospital or something.

I think this season ends with Kendal going full kamikaze and admitting to killing the waiter boy and telling the world Logan covered it up.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
I think people are reading too far into the Kendal scene. Guy is depressed for sure, but no way IMO they end the main thread without a super climactic scene or event and just let one side die without a word. Logan isn't that lucky, and HBO isn't that stupid.

Actually LOLd at the DP scene also, possibly best scene in the entire series so far.

• 1Worf

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
He's not in the previews for next week, nor does the preview hint at any other resolution to his plot threads. His death would clean a lot of things up (driving current allegations, his stake, etc) but open an entirely different can of worms as far as what it does to the allegiances of the siblings, etc.

Either way, the writing and acting has been awesome and whatever direction they take it will likely continue that, so I'm in.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If they showed him in any previews that would ruin all the speculation and give away what happens next. Would be dumb of HBO to do.

I dont get the feeling that Kendall died at the end of the episode. I just took it as a depressed guy passing out drunk/high on his pool float. Getting rid of his character would really detract from the show and completely change the story line IMO.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I highly doubt he died. Just a cheesy cliff hanger tactic used for years on tv, "Toon in next week at the same Bat Time on the same Bath Channel to see if Robin lives."

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If they showed him in any previews that would ruin all the speculation and give away what happens next. Would be dumb of HBO to do.

I dont get the feeling that Kendall died at the end of the episode. I just took it as a depressed guy passing out drunk/high on his pool float. Getting rid of his character would really detract from the show and completely change the story line IMO.
Kendall isn't exactly my favorite of the bunch, but in my fucked up head he is the one character I have the slightest sliver of sympathy for.

I don't know, man. I could live with the fallout of Kendall going out in this manner.

• 1Like