Suicide Squad (2016)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well its at 19% with top critics and below 30% from all critics and its getting lower

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I suppose this could end up being worse than BvS, but I don't see how. I saw BvS on a flight last week, and it was even worse than people here and review sites made it out to be. Good god it was awful, so glad I didn't waste any bandwith dl'ing it, let alone paying for it. Even the "epic fight scene" at the end was boring and difficult to follow with the way it was shot.

I suppose the one thing this has going for it compared to BvS is that this doesn't have the weight of future franchises on its back, it's a fairly stand-alone enterprise that could spawn more movies if successful, but if not a huge success it doesn't deep six all the rest of the franchises associated with it, like BvS in regards to the rest of the Justice League.

The more movies they make, the more it shows just how incompetent the WB studios are at making movies.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
This movie is at 29% on RT, versus 27 for BvS. And it keeps dropping every day, not everyone has reviewed it.

I like DC comics more than Marvel, but Marvel is owning DC at the box office.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Make that 28 for SS now.

I've decided, that this will be the first Marvel/DC movie that I will not go see in theaters. Hard to believe that Man of Steel is the best of the recent pack.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I
Make that 28 for SS now.

I've decided, that this will be the first Marvel/DC movie that I will not go see in theaters. Hard to believe that Man of Steel is the best of the recent pack.
It's really too bad. I'm a total MCU fanboi, not going to deny it, and really want these DCCU movies to do well to bring up the genre as a whole. It's almost like WB thinks comic fans will go see anything as long as it's comics. But you need Susan the 40 year old house wife and Jerry the 65 year old grandfather to like them as well.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Estimates for this film are pretty high. 100-140. I think it's going to be on the higher side but I think it will have a terrible slide just like BvS. I read on BOM that the 1.99 multiplier for BvS was the worst for any film that opened at 100M+. That's sad. And it's even more sad when you realize these openings show that there is indeed a desire for the DC properties but that enthusiasm is squandered by subpar films. If these were actually good movies, they probably both would have made 400M+ domestically and close to 1B internationally. WB/DC are idiots for not being able to get this right and I don't know that they'll get too many more chances before the general audience decides to take a pass more often on these films.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This movie is fucked if it has to make $700-800m. Movie probably isnt getting released in china

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does it get a 7.5 on IMDB and 29% on rotten tomatoes?

I'm pretty sure big studios are padding IMDB

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Estimates for this film are pretty high. 100-140. I think it's going to be on the higher side but I think it will have a terrible slide just like BvS. I read on BOM that the 1.99 multiplier for BvS was the worst for any film that opened at 100M+. That's sad. And it's even more sad when you realize these openings show that there is indeed a desire for the DC properties but that enthusiasm is squandered by subpar films. If these were actually good movies, they probably both would have made 400M+ domestically and close to 1B internationally. WB/DC are idiots for not being able to get this right and I don't know that they'll get too many more chances before the general audience decides to take a pass more often on these films.

Thing is, the more they release mediocre to bad movies, the more apprehensive people are going to become about rushing out opening weekend to see them. DC gets a lot of benefit of the doubt due to the properties they are making, but I think people are going to start to reach a point where they wait for reviews. Wonder Woman better be good, because I think three shitty movies in a row is going to start to push things in that direction.

Juvarisx

Florida
SS is more enjoyable then IM2, but its hard to say its a better movie. IM2 was well put together just not great, this movie is NOT well put together.

You can seriously tell there was studio fuckery going on. I think a dark tone would have actually been better for this film, but after BvS they panicked. The editing is bad and the music is out of place trying to lighten scene that didn't need it.

Acting wise, Will Smith played Will Smith, Harley was good, Joker was not as good at Heath, and the rest of the team was forgettable in my opinion. The chick who put the team together was probably the best actor in the film but her dialogue was mediocre, its hard to blame her for that however.

Anyways, better then BvS but not by a lot. Its occasionally fun watching them work together but having them SAVE THE WORLD was stupid, they should have been fighting something on a smaller scale so they could have conflicted feeling towards doing so.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This probably isn't the place to ask, but was the director's cut of BvS significantly better than theatrical?

I haven't seen either, but I've had the director's cut downloaded for a while now and I'm unsure if I'll ever watch it.

Juvarisx

Florida
This probably isn't the place to ask, but was the director's cut of BvS significantly better than theatrical?

I haven't seen either, but I've had the director's cut downloaded for a while now and I'm unsure if I'll ever watch it.

Its still shit but it helps immensely with character motivations

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I was really looking forward to seeing this, so I'm very disappointed it's getting such shit reviews.

On the other hand, I actually enjoyed BvS (I know it was stupid and Lex was terrible, but I dug the action), so I suppose there's a decent chance I might enjoy this too. Might see it this weekend.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

It's like getting that extra credit question right that moved your grade from an F to a D-.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I guess wrong thread but as someone who loves Sci-Fi and most of the comic stuff done in movies is BvS worth buying? I never rent movies and I don't pirate them either but I usually buy them digitally and stayed away from this one. If it was on sale for $9.99 or less would it be worth picking up or was it really just that bad?