Suicide Squad (2016)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If you like superhero movies you'll like this. It's not TDK or anything, but it's no worse than any of the recent Iron Man or Captain America films.
There's no way it's as good as the last two Captain America films.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This movie felt more like a Saturday morning cartoon than a comic book.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Movie was definitely not 27% worthy or whatever. First half was great, the latter half once the team is assembled and on its mission gets meh. Viola Davis as Amanda Waller fucking nailed it. Best character by far and she seemed to enjoy playing someone so ruthless. Joker didn't bother me as much as I expected, but he is very much a periphery character so he doesn't get a whole lot of focus.

Movie suffers from the same problem as Avengers with Hawkeye on a team with Hulk and Thor. What the fuck are Deadshot and Harley supposed to do versus someone like Enchantress and have it be believeable? El Diablo was pretty cool, Slipknot was so bad he should have been wearing a red shirt. Captain Boomerang is a retarded character to begin with and there is no way to make him not useless.

Movie probably would have been better going for the hard Deadpool R. It wouldn't have fixed the editing, but for a movie devoted to villains, everyone was awfully tame.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Is it true all the characters are borring besides maybe Harley? Every review said Deadshot is literally just Will Smith and Croc, Boomerang, and El Diablo are bland, while Katana was the worst of the group
Those reviews are essentially correct. At some points, I was thinking "did they forget to cast Katana and just let the stunt double do the job?"

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
If you like superhero movies you'll like this. It's not TDK or anything, but it's no worse than any of the recent Iron Man or Captain America films.

giphy.gif

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Just saw it, pretty stupid but not as bad as X-Men: Apocalypse.

I liked BVS at the cinema and watched the extended version as soon as it was out to DL. I won't be in any hurry to watch this again

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed this much more than BvS. It has its flaws like Captain Boomerang being useless but its an entertaining film.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
LOL, this movie is now 1% lower than BvS on RT.

DC is losing so much credibility that I'll just watch the torrent. I don't want to support this.

Skipping the obvious troll part...of course Lyrical likes superhero movies.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Just finished watching this...kinda. Get about an hour and a half into the movie, and suddenly the lights come on, the movie stops, and the theater manager is saying that their projector is fucking up and they need to stop the movie. So, yeah. Shit.

Up until that point, I had mostly been enjoying the movie, with two major issues:

First, they really needed a better rationale for creating the team. "What if the next Superman is a terrorist?" Yeah, and what are Crazy Clown Chick and Ausie-Man going to do about it? If they're going to include the weird-but-mundane members, the purpose of the team needs to be something they could conceivably contribute to.

Second, the pacing for the movie up to that point was just really weird. There wasn't even the smallest pause between introducing the members of the squad, and the antagonist's plot being simultaneously introduced and brought to full fruition. No real "bring the team together" scene, no establishing them as a group before having them tackle the principle threat, no build up to the sudden-yet-inevitable betrayal of the antagonist, no nothing. Just going straight from introducing the characters (well, 60% of them) right into the climatic final battle.

But yeah, don't know if I'm going to try going back and watching it again. I'd like to see how it ends, but I got far enough into it that starting over from the beginning would feel like a slog. Might just need to wait until it shows up on TV.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well the reason for including "mundanes" was alluded to in the movie: that they could stand up to metas like the Flash and hold their own. It could have been telegraphed more, but given that the cinematic DCU doesnt really exist yet it is hard to convey that sort of legacy.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed the hell out of it, maybe 1 or two slow moments like the "I need you part" ...other then that film did what it was suppose to do keep me entertained.
the back stories at the start well done.
Let me say this Viola Davis played Amanda Waller to the fucking T. She did a fantastic job.
And as everyone pointed out slipknot made for good humor.

End Credits were also pretty good set-up for JL setup might the wrong term but just to get the pre story out of the way so to speak.

I hope to see more Amanda Waller I just love her Character.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Caught it today.
the full 25minutes of previews were the worst part.

But yeah, it has plenty of flaws. but its not nearly as bad as rotten tomatoes score or anything suggests. Reminds me of Dredd.
And yes, they nailed Waller, and Viola Davis played her perfectly.
In general, going back and checking what was said by those that seen it. everyone seems spot on.

I am now really curious about those other edits. as, the cuts and editing was one of the movies biggest issues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't know, finally saw it last night instead of my originally planned Thursday viewing, and I thought it was fairly shitty. Waller was good, Harley was great for the role they gave her, and everyone else decently portrayed the characters like they were supposed to, but it was just a jumbled mess.

I mean, I guess it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, or as bad as the scores indicate, but it still wasn't anywhere close to being a good movie. The way they meshed various parts together, or jumped from one phase of the movie to another, or...yeah, I guess it mainly comes down to editing as mentioned above, but I don't even know if what they had to edit together in the first place would have been a good movie. The story was just fucking terrible from the very start, and never got any better.

The only reason I would ever watch parts of this movie again are for Harley, and to watch the super hot model chick gyrate like a fucking retard when giving her big speech as Enchantress at the end. Jesus, did someone *actually* instruct her to act that way on set?

I give it a 5/10 max.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
This movie was a mess.

It played out like a bunch of scenes were filmed completely independent of eachother and then given to an eight year old with ADD to edit together in a day.

So many lines that were meant to elicit either a comedic or emotional response just fell flat. Nearly all of the character interactions outside of Harley and Deadshot were awkward as all fuck. Everything the Boomerang guy said was either a joke without a punchline or a punchline without a joke, which eventually became actively irritating rather than simply bad. The sword fight near the end with Enchantress may have been one of the most pointless sequences in a film ever.

It wasn't a complete garbage heap, but the interesting tidbits that managed to occassionaly take center-stage were not nearly enough to save this bizarre jumble of a movie.