Suicide Squad (2016)

Hosix

All labs matter!
I guess wrong thread but as someone who loves Sci-Fi and most of the comic stuff done in movies is BvS worth buying? I never rent movies and I don't pirate them either but I usually buy them digitally and stayed away from this one. If it was on sale for $9.99 or less would it be worth picking up or was it really just that bad?

5.99 and I got a free copy of something amazing with it. I would never buy it as a stand alone. It would have to be packaged in some kind of deal. It's a shit movie.

spronk

FPS noob
I guess wrong thread but as someone who loves Sci-Fi and most of the comic stuff done in movies is BvS worth buying? I never rent movies and I don't pirate them either but I usually buy them digitally and stayed away from this one. If it was on sale for $9.99 or less would it be worth picking up or was it really just that bad?

yeah if you like comic book movies and scifi then I think B v S is worth a watch. why not just redbox or rent on amazon though, you can pay $5 on amazon and give it a single watch. Thats all you will do, you won't want to watch it again.

I've watched The Dark Knight probably 20+ times, if I'm ever super bored and its raining I pop it on. Likewise, Deadpool is a movie I've watched a few times. I watched B v S, didn't think it was that good, but I sorta feel like I "had" to watch it so I could understand when people talk about the movie. That said, after I watched it I deleted it, never gonna watch it again. There are a couple of good scenes in it though, especially the fighting. I don't regret watching it like some movies.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I saw it last night and didn't hate it. I thought that Harley was going to annoy the shit out of me but she grew on me.

Knew I was going to hate the Joker and I did.

Oldbased

> Than U
yeah if you like comic book movies and scifi then I think B v S is worth a watch. why not just redbox or rent on amazon though, you can pay $5 on amazon and give it a single watch. Thats all you will do, you won't want to watch it again.

I've watched The Dark Knight probably 20+ times, if I'm ever super bored and its raining I pop it on. Likewise, Deadpool is a movie I've watched a few times. I watched B v S, didn't think it was that good, but I sorta feel like I "had" to watch it so I could understand when people talk about the movie. That said, after I watched it I deleted it, never gonna watch it again. There are a couple of good scenes in it though, especially the fighting. I don't regret watching it like some movies.
The main reason I just buy compared to rent is I have 5 family/friends tied into my UV account. By buying it at $10 or so compared to $5 renting it 6 households can watch it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think this is one of those movies you have to go in expecting quips and murder. That's all I want from this. Quips and murder. I don't need character development and I don't need suspense. I need the Joker saying he has a "sharp wit" before stabbing some one in the face and some henchman saying "bite me" during an interrogation before Croc bites his arm off. I'm not looking for A+ here, I'm looking for C+ and that's good enough. If that budget shit is accurate (I think the 800m shit is looney toons and most like 4x off the real number) they done goofed. Should've gotten Margot Robbie and 8 nobodies (which they did mostly) and payed Jared Leto in joker make-up and free man-dresses or whatever he'd fucking want.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I just saw SS this morning, it was fun and overall enjoyable but didn't live up to my hopes/dreams for it. I still think the RT score it's received is pretty harsh though.

It's sort of funny to look at the reviewer vs audience scores on movies like Suicide Squad as compared to Ghost Busters 2016.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've stopped using RT for reviews for awhile now. It's gotten so big it attracts a ton of dick heads who think they are "movie connoisseur" with their shitty analogies/wit.

I agree Juvarisx. You can see where the editing went wrong or tried to mishmash things together. A director's cut with 20-30 minutes of extra footage will do this movie more justice... maybe a 8/10.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really enjoyed it for what it was, the villain was kind of odd but other than that really liked the casting of Margot Robbie. I thought Will Smith and Jared Leto were solid as well. And yeah fuck Rotten Tomatoes, they have been going downhill since John Carter.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I stopped using review sites years ago. Call me crazy but I go see movies based on if they look good to me, not based on what critics say.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I mean... Rotten Tomatoes is just an aggregator. So I think the site's fine, it's maybe the critics themselves who suck? There are basically two types of movies RT can't be counted on though. Comedies and actions movies. Some of these critics are looking for fucking super cerebral shit and give a bad review because it's mindless violence and that's what people want. Comedy is also palate based.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I usually use review sites, or opinions from here to decide if I go see it in the threatre or wait for rental. I will see the movie for sure, haven't decided yet if I'll go to theatre yet.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
LOL, this movie is now 1% lower than BvS on RT.

DC is losing so much credibility that I'll just watch the torrent. I don't want to support this.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
LOL, this movie is now 1% lower than BvS on RT.

DC is losing so much credibility that I'll just watch the torrent. I don't want to support this.

If you like superhero movies you'll like this. It's not TDK or anything, but it's no worse than any of the recent Iron Man or Captain America films.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Hah, so apparently China hasn't decided if they will let Suicide Squad be shown there yet. That's gonna be a big financial hit.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Just came back from the movie. It's a solid 7/10. Anyone who says this movie is as bad as BvS doesn't know what they are talking about. Two-thirds of the BvS movie is unwatchable tripe. This movie is watchable from beginning to end. Granted there are some flow problems and the bad guy isn't inspiring but it is still a very watchable movie. If I didn't know better Harley's special power is having a nice booty. Some of the other members have some very questionable abilities on the usefulness scale so you have to take that with a grain or two of salt. I personally really enjoyed the artistic style and music of the movie. I can appreciate others not liking it though. Overall not a bad origin story.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just got back from this. It doesnt live up to the hype, but wasn't nearly as bad as the reviews are making it sound. I would give it a C+ or B-.