Suicide Squad (2016)

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
It's because they're playing "Catch Up To Marvel" as opposed to letting the characters develop over multiple movies. Gotta jam as much shit as humanly possible into each one, otherwise they'll never hit The Avengers.

This brothers me so much bc it's not like they have to ducking rush out product truth be told other then the Jesus moments in man of steel that was.a.great.stepping stone to a bigger (dc) universe. BvS was a massive let down too much shit in one movie and am afraid ww is going to be rush p.o.s. please do the marvel thing take your time and do origins story first flash // aqua man etc etc

This guy was maybe the best comic relief in the film, Ike needs to get more roles. Waller was the villain technically, she killed thousand of people with bungling enchantress, then gave away the location of all the top secret locations to Enchantress/Incubus. No idea why Flag would ever work with her again
back-to-belle-reve-deadshot-trailer-reveals-ike-barinholtz-s-role-in-suicide-squad-1067103.jpg

His character really was enjoyable I like the inner action he had all his lines tbh.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
DCCU wants to catch up to Marvel, but if they took their time, they'd have no competition. As much as I love the MCU, they can't keep this up forever. Just take your time and tighten this ship up.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
shit cam is out.

Please tell me this atrocious editing i'm seeing, it must be the cam, right? I assume the cam guy had to edit out chunks of the film to cut out people walking in front of the camera? right? right? And he forgot what segment went where, so just randomly put the film back together again? No way on earth the studio released this amateur hour shit to theaters?

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
If that is true I think I will wait for the Directors Cut/Special Edition/Whatever version of the movie.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Director came out and said that was his version of the film, the one in theatre is the directors cut

Homsar

This is his quote

“But this cut of the movie is my cut, there’s no sort of parallel universe version of the movie, the released movie is my cut.[/quote]

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Kinda think the director is just being a good soldier. If the other reports are true I'd be really interested in seeing his pre-reshoots original cut.

Caliane

haha yeah. not really their fault honestly, as they say about the absurd editing. But, it is funny they made such a point on it twice about weird pointless scenes, which very clearly had a point about the phone.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
haha yeah. not really their fault honestly, as they say about the absurd editing. But, it is funny they made such a point on it twice about weird pointless scenes, which very clearly had a point about the phone.

Oooohhh, SO close!

My biggest gripe about the movie was Harley Quinn's lines... she didn't seem crazy enough for the role and was trying too hard at being a comic relief for the movie... and failed too hard. But at least she looked right!
hqdefault.jpg

Homsar

So Ayer said he thinks there is 6 or 7 different versions of the film. All the changes that ive read seems to be for the worse. Sounds like the movie could have been pretty good. Full interview has more details Suicide Squad
According to director and writer David Ayer, "there may be six or seven different versions of the film." That's what he told Empire in their revealing post-release interview with him. Specifically, the intro to the film was almost released very differently - originally, when he had a cut he was testing for friends and family and test audiences, everything happened in direct order.

"There's a linear version we did where it opens up with June [Moon, played by Cara Delevigne] in the cave and tells the story in sequence with the arrests and Batman, and then we go to Belle Reve," Ayer said. In fact, it was originally even more complex. "The first script started in Belle Reve and told the backstories of everybody in these sort of flashback montages. The original conception is that there would be these memory bursts as they sat in their cells recalling their previous lives and also get the audience up to speed about who they are and how they ended up there. The first impulse was always to do a montage in the first act, but you chase different things."

The test audiences were "a little disoriented as to who to watch and why" he said of the linear version. "So we came up with what we call the dossier version, which has Amanda [Waller, played by Viola Davis] presenting the backstories and origins of the various members."

Last edited:

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's because they're playing "Catch Up To Marvel" as opposed to letting the characters develop over multiple movies. Gotta jam as much shit as humanly possible into each one, otherwise they'll never hit The Avengers.

Which is dumb - not because they want to make a Justice League movie, but because they're doing it at the cost of everything else. Yes, Avengers was a great movie... but so were Iron Man, Captain America, etc. And even when they had some of their weaker movies, they didn't just serve as a stepping stone to a larger project. I wasn't wild about either of the Thor movies, but I think the fact that they exist contributed to me enjoying his character (and Hawkeye's) in Avengers.

DC seems to completely undervalue individual movies and view the team-up movie as the holy grail or something. Everything they're doing just feels like one long sigh of resignation because they have to waste all this time setting up the universe before they get to Justice League. They look at it as a universe vs. universe thing when they should be looking at movie vs. movie. Hell, the fact that Marvel has released movies better than Avengers proves you don't need some big team-up movie to make a great movie. Putting out Justice League isn't necessary to "catch up" to Marvel. Proving they can put out one good movie would do far more to accomplish that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This was straight garbage. Walked out with like 45 mins left.
you should have finished it, for some reason it started triggering my EQ raid nostalgia and so i was geeking it up. i started yelling, dude he is a fire based mob! why are you casting fire spells!??

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
pretty bad when the best scene of the movie is Boomerang grabbing his beers and dipping out of the bar.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If you wanna see what the Suicide Squad should of been then watch Batman : Assault on Arkham. I dont know how these DC assholes fuck up every big budget movie but can actually product decent animated ones that do a good job with characters.

Fuck I'll even link the fucking movie directly for the super lazy. It will leave you scratching your head wondering how they can get it so right in 2014 and shit the bed so completely in 2016.

Batman Assault on Arkham (2014) Full Movie - HD 1080p BluRay

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user