Suicide Squad (2016)

Caliane

Whoever put that trailer together thinks Will Smith is a bigger star than he is.

Harley Quinn is mega popular and she looks very well written. Chance that she steals the entire movie is 100%. When the cash for this starts rolling in the suits will be green lighting a Harley stand alone project while screaming WHY DIDN'T ANY OF YOU TELL US HOW BIG THAT CHARACTER IS at all the interns.
you have to wonder where the disconnect is.
Its been pretty clear to fans, Harley has been the single most popular female, and possibly, overall character in all of comics for decades.
Even DC itself didn't really seem to "get it". while did have her own ongoing since 2000.
New 52 they finally really seem to have understood, with multiple titles. Which, largely seems to them FINALLY getting it, due to Arkham Asylum video game series.

Caliane

idk looks super cheese. The comedic lines seem forced and way too on the nose.
this does seem accurate. Trailers are well put together. But this movie could very very easily be "the losers" or "the A-Team", or GiJoe, from these trailers.. (I liked the A-team.)
Editing and presentation going to have to go a long way.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
idk I was disappointed by that last trailer's Harley performance. Yes I've seen Wolf of Wall Street, and yes I understand that. But none of her clips felt like Harley Quinn at all. (Same with Will Smith)

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Once again, the tone of this movie is off. DC doesn't know who their characters are. Batman is a murderous asshole, Superman is a loner with zero charisma, Wonder Woman weighs 98 pounds and is a deaf mute, Lex is the Joker, and Suicide Squad is a laugh factory. I can't remember one joke in SS in the comics, that is arguably DC's darkest comic outside of Vertigo.

Maybe this movie will do better than BvS, but let's accept that this is alternate reality SS and move on.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yep. Spot on.

All I think when I see this is in 50 years someone will say: You know what the Shawshank Redemption was missing? Jokes. And Asians.

Art isn't a restaurant, you don't make shit to order or a la carte. It needs to come from someone's "vision" tm.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Once again, the tone of this movie is off. DC doesn't know who their characters are. Batman is a murderous asshole, Superman is a loner with zero charisma, Wonder Woman weighs 98 pounds and is a deaf mute, Lex is the Joker, and Suicide Squad is a laugh factory. I can't remember one joke in SS in the comics, that is arguably DC's darkest comic outside of Vertigo.

Maybe this movie will do better than BvS, but let's accept that this is alternate reality SS and move on.
There was a story a few weeks back about how Suicide Squad was going through significant reshoots to include more jokes. This was in response to the massive runaway success of Deadpool.

So yeah, they're basically just aping Marvel and hoping.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord

Which suicide squad are you comparing it to? The original one thatdidn'thave Harley Quinn in it? Since she's the one delivering the majority of the jokes, I'm not sure where you get that jokes don't belong here.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Which suicide squad are you comparing it to? The original one thatdidn'thave Harley Quinn in it? Since she's the one delivering the majority of the jokes, I'm not sure where you get that jokes don't belong here.
Since you've seen the movie and know all about it, how is it??? Preview I saw had everyone joking around.

I sure hope Batman sings a song halfway through.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The upside of changing a bunch of stuff around with Suicide Squad is that the amount of people that know anything about Suicide Squad is pretty low.

Column_sl

shitlord
It's pretty obvious by the trailers that Harley will be a main focus. We can clearly see her origin story, and her ties with what will probly be the antagonist " The Joker"

Caliane

Gallows humor works just fine for this set of characters.

SS is Dirty Dozen, not Shawshank.
THAT said, as with my complaint since the beginning, however. Since most of the characters are a list, or B list. only 1 or 2 characters are actually expendable. so, instead of Dirty dozen, what we'll get is the A-Team, of invincible characters. Which does miss the point entirely.

there was a "leak" on 4chan a few weeks ago, giving a very convincing outline of the plot/story, and predicting the next trailer would be set to ballroom blitz.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nice try, but she only appeared in the comic bookafterthe movie was greenlit.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
I think the trailer looks great, complain the movie is to grim dark, they lighten it up, too campy. Nothing makes nerds happy!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the trailer looks great, complain the movie is to grim dark, they lighten it up, too campy. Nothing makes nerds happy!
More like they need to get the tone right. Some characters are grimdark, some are smurfy, but please stop reversing their personalities!

Caliane

Nice try, but she only appeared in the comic bookafterthe movie was greenlit.
huh?

ok. Suicide Squad movie "in development" since 2009. ok. you are right on that.

But, Nu52 launched with Harley on the SS in 2011.
Assault on Arkham tv movie July 2014.

Writer/director of SS movie, David Ayer hired Sept 2014.

are you suggesting Harley was added to the comics 3 years before this movie was written, in response to this movie? I have no idea what the state of the movie was in those 5 years. But I think that idea is a bit absurd.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
ok. Suicide Squad movie "in development" since 2009. ok. you are right on that.
Stop right there.

The entire cast looks entirely too happy for missions that they are supposed to be walking into their own deaths. Think about how you'd be in a situation like that. Happy? Smiley? Jokey? How about none of the above. "Suicide" is in the name of the title for a reason. Or do you expect us to believe that people are cracking jokes like Deadpool before they commit suicide?

It just doesn't make sense. Not at all.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
....I just can't get my heard wrapped around this version of the Joker. Maybe it'll be a good version of the character or maybe it'll be like Lex in BvS. DC doesn't have the best record right now so I'm going with BvS-like.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
More like they need to get the tone right. Some characters are grimdark, some are smurfy, but please stop reversing their personalities!
It's comic books, they can adjust race, gender and personality to suit the needs of story. If Sucide Squad is enjoyable, the story works and I don't feel my $10 was wasted, then good for DC/Warner Bros. Slavish devotion to the " Comic books" only goes so far. But to each their own.