Suicide Squad (2016)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Deadpool did reshoots
Psshhhh, what're you gonna tell me, that they cut 7 million dollars from the budget last minute? And they did reshoots that were slightly less awesome, but still pretty good? NO WAY, JOSE!!!!!

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
reshoots happen all the time. could be something as simple as lighting or camera angles in a scene not working well. could also be because the tone is off in certain scenes. or because one scene is cut but is referenced in another scene so that needs to be changed. it's not always bad. sometimes it is. we focus on those bad times because it gives us something to point at. "they knew it was bad so they re-shot a bunch of scenes!!" we look at movies like snakes on a plane and fantastic four and use that as the base, when it's really not. but overall, with this movie i'm not surprised that harley is following deadpool. that's what she does in the comics anyways.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
reshoots happen all the time. could be something as simple as lighting or camera angles in a scene not working well.
Dude. Read the fucking article.

And fucks sake, no they do not. If your director is such a dumbfuck that he missed ANGLES AND LIGHTING why give him hundreds of millions to do a film at all? Moreover all the contractual bullshit comes into play when you do reshoots, but if you're not going to read the article you probably wouldn't have a fucking clue how Jews err... I mean movie producers and lawyers don't like to throw good money after bad, and that's exactly what this is. This is pretty straightforward: If we don't spend another 20 million finishing this, we wont get our money back at all from the other 9 films we were stupid enough to announce but can't cancel.

And btw the cancellations are coming as surely as Terminator's were Terminated.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They aren't cancelling shit if BvS makes money, and it's going to. They said they needed 800 mil to break even, the box office is already headed in that direction. Now you have to add all the money from toys and other stuff.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Reshoots are standard these days. More movies have them than don't so they're no longer the calling card of a troubled picture.

They typically aren't for things like lighting because you can manipulate that in post production, especially with everything going over to digital. SS comes out in 5 months so they've certainly had some test screenings already and they're probably reacting to some feedback from those about the movie not seeming as "fun" as the trailers made it out to be.

Homsar

I know the reshoots for deadpool were where he tracks down and kills the man that recruited him into weapon X, not sure if it was because of flaws in the filming or audiences wondering why that character didnt have a bigger role. I still thought it was odd that the Recruiter, Weasil, and Blind Al were barely in the movie

j00t

Dude. Read the fucking article.

And fucks sake, no they do not. If your director is such a dumbfuck that he missed ANGLES AND LIGHTING why give him hundreds of millions to do a film at all? Moreover all the contractual bullshit comes into play when you do reshoots, but if you're not going to read the article you probably wouldn't have a fucking clue how Jews err... I mean movie producers and lawyers don't like to throw good money after bad, and that's exactly what this is. This is pretty straightforward: If we don't spend another 20 million finishing this, we wont get our money back at all from the other 9 films we were stupid enough to announce but can't cancel.

And btw the cancellations are coming as surely as Terminator's were Terminated.
i did read the article. that doesn't change the fact that reshoots happen all the time. sometimes reshoots last less than a week. sometimes a lot more. with THIS movie? the article says why they are doing reshoots. so that's kind of a moot point, now isn't it?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Reshoots are standard these days. More movies have them than don't so they're no longer the calling card of a troubled picture.
I would argue more movies than not are troubled/bad movies nowadays so technically it still could

Royal

I would argue more movies than not are troubled/bad movies nowadays so technically it still could
But good movies do them to so it's no longer a distinguishing characteristic. A bigger sign of a bad movie is when it's released (second half of Jan. thru March is the usual dumping ground for what the studios know to be drek) and a noticeable lack of marketing (not throwing good money after bad). Those two things coming together on the same movie is a sure sign of a stinker.

Royal

Deadpool had a ton of marketing behind it. And you do get the occasional movie that ends up having legs that a studio puts out in that time frame specifically because they know the competition will be weaker.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Deadpool had a ton of marketing behind it. And you do get the occasional movie that ends up having legs that a studio puts out in that time frame specifically because they know the competition will be weaker.
Exactly. And Reynolds went above and beyond to finally have his magnum opus. He literally made that movie. No other actor could have pulled it off. The amazing part is that Reynolds, the humor, being Rated R, etc, etc, etc all worked in conjunction to hide the flaws of poor action, and pretty dull story. I don't think you can really compare the two. It's like asking someone to play Joker after Ledger. Sure, it has to be done but good luck with expectations afterwards.

j00t

Unless you're Deadpool.
Which is exactly his point. The studio had little faith in the product. They just gave Reynolds and co a deadline and left him alone. They were expecting a flop. But then they saw it close t to being finished and they went full bore with advertisement to try and help

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Exactly. And Reynolds went above and beyond to finally have his magnum opus. He literally made that movie. No other actor could have pulled it off. The amazing part is that Reynolds, the humor, being Rated R, etc, etc, etc all worked in conjunction to hide the flaws of poor action, andpretty dull story. I don't think you can really compare the two. It's like asking someone to play Joker after Ledger. Sure, it has to be done but good luck with expectations afterwards.
This was the biggest problem with Deadpool. Story was just completely bland. Really Reynolds carries the whole movie by just hitting the mark on the Deadpool character.

Caliane

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/suicid...-in-la-a133142

I honestly have no idea what to make of this.

Like, I was really excited bout Suicide Squad. But, then the more I heard, the less excited I was. every bit of news generally was more bad news. not happy with Joker, Harley being in it, Will smith, etc.
My interest is higher then BvS still. but, is not very much.

Did like the trailer. but, felt it was a great trailer, for what is very likely going to be a really shitty movie.
Should Suicide squad be more light hearted? I dunno. given DC's track record. Pretty sure I would not complain if it was, right in line with GotG, and Antman. (didnt see deadpool to compare) Still have a concern where its a Suicide squad with too many famous characters, were only the one redshirt is actually expendable.