Suicide Squad... the next "Arkham" game

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This is a ton of fun in endgame and has kind of consumed me the past two days (which is kind of weird as I was looking forward to Gran Blue much MUCH more than this and haven't touched it yet). Farming like Diablo 3 rifts, good gunplay with traversal fleshed out everything feels really smooth and satisfying. It's weird, the story starts pretty good and by the end I was kind of over it. Combat starts kind of poor (as does traversing the world) but by the end feels really really good. It's like fast food, fun to go up in rift difficulty hunting new gear and set items.

Order of fun to me

Shark
Harley
Boomerang
Deadshot

Was watching Shroud and his buddy last night - the level of skill between those guys and me is hilarious.

Big letdowns for me = mob's themselves are really bland and uninteresting. This isn't an indication of the difficulty (it can be a very punishing game), but just the design. They need about 3+ more mob types/variants/factions aside from Brainiac's purple zombies.

Boss fights = I really enjoyed 2, was meh on another and outright hated one. With the resources at their disposal, they could have done a ton more here (even just mini-bosses, minor side guys from comics etc). Story was fine, well acted and cinematic. Dialogue was mostly in good humour and spot on with the tone of the characters and comic interpretations though occasionally you'd like them to stfu a bit.

Mission Design = Could have done a ton more here, and really feels like a bunch of missions designed 5 years ago (some likely were). It's varied enough, for now, but will quickly get old. I'm about 30 hours in and having a good time still but know this will ultimately be what causes me to put this down while waiting to see what seasons look like.

To extend Mission Design shortcomings = would have really liked to see more indoor dungeon type of levels with verticality. I'm sure it's difficult considering the game was designed around the traversal, but constantly fighting on roofs, buildings etc takes away from the setting.

Positives = it's incredibly satisfying zipping around the city blowing shit up and fat nuking mobs as the Shark. Graphically, looks excellent on 4090 4k oled monitor and hovers around 120 fps almost all the time. No bugs for me yet either to speak of.

Played a bit tonight with a buddy and we had a really good time pushing rifts up and got a few of the bane weapons. One cool thing with loot is there is no gear score or light score bullshit (finally), but you can spend days hunting for the right stats, etc ala Diablo. Also, different boss gear synergizes with one another in interesting ways which was a pleasant surprise.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I like me some looter shooters. I try them all. I have like 2000 hours in destiny 2 and prob another 1000 hours on others over the years. But this thing? Like every time I tune in a stream just to check it out, its the same shit, same environment, jumping rooftop bullshit with the same mobs. No matter if its end game, early game, no fucking change. You might as well be playing this thing in a 100 x 100 meter area every mission and you wont notice the difference.

At least other shooters have either different zones, environments, planets, whatever. Different enemies with different mechanics help too. This shit looks stale. I guess different strokes for different folks.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If you are into mainlining a solid kill to time ratio, why are you even playing something with lore?

Unless we are talking Quality of kills vs overall kills.

AKA Diablo VS CoD of Duty Modern warrior.

Because having a story doesn't mean a game can't be fun. If it's all story and no gameplay then I usually don't play it. Arkham City was an amazing game whether you paid attention to the story or not.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Isn't that a mirror universe Lex Luthor diary entry, though?

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
IMG_5822.jpeg

My YouTube feed is non stop people shitting on this game even though I’m not watching any of them. Still very positive on Steam. Couple more days and the trend will be “actually it’s not that bad…”.

• 2Faggotry

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
View attachment 512738
My YouTube feed is non stop people shitting on this game even though I’m not watching any of them. Still very positive on Steam. Couple more days and the trend will be “actually it’s not that bad…”.
A sample of some of these 'very positive' reviews.

"wait for a discount"

"It's fun, just not $70 fun"

"Not bad, but not really good either."

Also when you click on 'browse all' it tells me there's almost 3000 so it wouldn't surprise me if negative reviews are being suppressed to protect the overall rating of the game. Like 2 weeks from now it suddenly starts plummeting to sub 60% as they stop hiding negs or something.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
What is it with you negative fucks? Aside from the woke shit it is _really_ not a bad game at all.

Plays great, looks great, sounds great, its fun....???? HUUURRRR IT SUCKS

• 3Faggotry
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
What is it with you negative fucks? Aside from the woke shit it is _really_ not a bad game at all.

Plays great, looks great, sounds great, its fun....???? HUUURRRR IT SUCKS
OK renter. This game is an abomination for being in development 9 years. From the studio that made the arkham trilogy, turning out this woke trash

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Edgelord

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Renter? Wow, burn!

Who gives a fuck how long it's been in development or who made it? That doesn't make a game bad. I've played plenty of bad games and this ain't it.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
so yeah, watching mauler play, I hated pretty much everything about this.

Non-stop horribly written banter. both how annoying what they were saying was, and the constant talking. he'd be running around the city, from mission to mission, and they wouldn't stop talking. and they'd be talking SO much, they'd interrupt mission dialogue, or mission dialogue would cut in and interrupt banter, or one or both of those would interrupt Batman comms intercepts. just talking over talking over talking. the game won't ever shut up.

visual clutter. shields up? lets cover half the screen with a shield visual. lowhealth? lets cover the screen with blood viens. Tooltips telling you to do a slide? yep, that needs to be front and center on the screen nonstop for 5 hours. flying damage numbers. glowing targets, tooltips, tooltips, tooltips.

loot boxes! slow pointless cutscenes for loot boxes!

Script is awful. Waller is yet again written as retarded. Lets send the team in with no recon, no back up, no mission briefing, no intel. no plan. every means the team actually has for fighting back is 100% coincidence. Gizmo shows up to help, Ivy shows up to lend a hand. Luthor provides some help. flash saves the team in the opening TWICE. again, none of this is Waller's plan, its all on them luckly showing up to help.

shitty zoomer humor. Flash saves the team twice. Boomarang pisses on his corpse, after one of the worst boss battles ever. The justification for how the team can fight the flash is 100% retarded too. they don't actually counter the speed force in any reasonable way. and, they interrupt the boomarang pissing on the flash with ajoke about boomarangs giant cock.

Brainiac alone is a world ending threat. no one treats this as serious as it is. Brainiac that has ALREADY killed 90% of metroplis's population is an even bigger threat. Everyone should be shitballs serious. no one is. Brainiac that has killed 90% of metropolis, and has mind controlled the flash, batman and green lantern is a multiversal threat that should have everyone in full red alert, world war 3 mode. no one is taking it seriously.

the mind controlled super heroes are written completely out of character. its odd. they aren't written like themselves, but loyal to brainiac. they are written as generic asshole supervillians. like john stewart is an engineer, and soldier. evil john stewart should be very cold, calculating, and efficient in brutal murder. not flying around, talking shit, monologuing. Same with Batman. Barry is written like Ezra miller.
Why not just play DCUO? When I look at this game it's like a shittier version of the MMO.

Had pretty much most of the same characters I think that are in this. You can either play as heroes or villains and it looks kind of the same as far as traversal, and I know that game's got a ridiculous amount of content at this point. I want to say when the game released brainiac was the big bad guy pushing the narrative originally.

It was a surprisingly fun game and the PVP was fantastic until glitching became a thing. The dungeons and raids were amazing. It's the only game I ever enjoyed playing a healer. Maybe I just had a fun time because we had a big group of us playing together, but I really think it was a diamond in the rough.

Why would I want to play something like this?

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Why not just play DCUO? When I look at this game it's like a shittier version of the MMO.

Had pretty much most of the same characters I think that are in this. You can either play as heroes or villains and it looks kind of the same as far as traversal, and I know that game's got a ridiculous amount of content at this point. I want to say when the game released brainiac was the big bad guy pushing the narrative originally.

It was a surprisingly fun game and the PVP was fantastic until glitching became a thing. The dungeons and raids were amazing. It's the only game I ever enjoyed playing a healer. Maybe I just had a fun time because we had a big group of us playing together, but I really think it was a diamond in the rough.

Why would I want to play something like this?
I was a controller. God damn walking battery.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I was a controller. God damn walking battery.
I don't even remember what the class was but it was literally the healer one, and I think I used magic or something. The great thing about it if I remember correctly was you could switch between DPS and healing mode, on your DPS was actually pretty good especially if you were PVP or just trying to burn stuff down. Switch to healing and your damage just wasn't as potent, but you could still contribute. Because of the movement in the game and specially with some of the raids, healing was actually a lot of fun. I don't remember if we ever beat the batcave, but I remember the Black Adam one being pretty fun. I think there was one other on release.

I think that game was way ahead of its time specifically with the quasi real-time combat. Think you used to have to do button combinations to execute certain moves with whatever weapon you were using, and that was always pretty cool because different weapons had all these different combos and shit. I think I predominantly used hand blasters, because they were quick and the combos weren't are pain in the ass to do.

It was such a fun game and I think we played it for a good 6 months or something. I've kind of kept up occasionally with what they put out, you fired it up here and there with a couple of friends and it's it's still a lot of fun, but there's just not a lot of people playing it so it's hard to get raid groups or go do dungeons unless you've got somebody online with you.

But I know during release the PVP was just an utter blast. It's just so crazy when you're flying between buildings with your group and encounter the enemy players, and you just flying around nuking each other. With everything being open world, the timed events for taking down a world spawn could get pretty chaotic. As much as I like City of heroes, I think DC universe was a really great step in the right direction for a superhero MMO.

I want to say we played champions online for maybe a month but that game was pretty shallow, and we just went back to City of heroes. I don't know I just really like that type of MMO they're just so much fun, and the character creation freedom is half of joy.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I don't even remember what the class was but it was literally the healer one, and I think I used magic or something. The great thing about it if I remember correctly was you could switch between DPS and healing mode, on your DPS was actually pretty good especially if you were PVP or just trying to burn stuff down. Switch to healing and your damage just wasn't as potent, but you could still contribute. Because of the movement in the game and specially with some of the raids, healing was actually a lot of fun. I don't remember if we ever beat the batcave, but I remember the Black Adam one being pretty fun. I think there was one other on release.

I think that game was way ahead of its time specifically with the quasi real-time combat. Think you used to have to do button combinations to execute certain moves with whatever weapon you were using, and that was always pretty cool because different weapons had all these different combos and shit. I think I predominantly used hand blasters, because they were quick and the combos weren't are pain in the ass to do.

It was such a fun game and I think we played it for a good 6 months or something. I've kind of kept up occasionally with what they put out, you fired it up here and there with a couple of friends and it's it's still a lot of fun, but there's just not a lot of people playing it so it's hard to get raid groups or go do dungeons unless you've got somebody online with you.

But I know during release the PVP was just an utter blast. It's just so crazy when you're flying between buildings with your group and encounter the enemy players, and you just flying around nuking each other. With everything being open world, the timed events for taking down a world spawn could get pretty chaotic. As much as I like City of heroes, I think DC universe was a really great step in the right direction for a superhero MMO.

I want to say we played champions online for maybe a month but that game was pretty shallow, and we just went back to City of heroes. I don't know I just really like that type of MMO they're just so much fun, and the character creation freedom is half of joy.
I cleared all the raid through fortress of solitude braniac.

Healing dps and tanking were all fun. The controller was more like the boring mmo healer because I kept people's energy bars full so they could pew pew tank and heal.

I literally did nothing but stack vitality. Keep up the energy over time buff and spam energy share ability. Lol

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I cleared all the raid through fortress of solitude braniac.

Healing dps and tanking were all fun. The controller was more like the boring mmo healer because I kept people's energy bars full so they could pew pew tank and heal.

I literally did nothing but stack vitality. Keep up the energy over time buff and spam energy share ability. Lol
Forgot that there was a class that allowed you to give juice back to your party, and I guess you did crowd control too. It's been a good number of years since I played the game, but I know their Trinity system was pretty different from other games and I think that's why we enjoyed it so much. Like I said it's the only time I've ever played a healer in an MMO and it was a blast. At the time it was just a very refreshing game because I think we were all coming off of Warcraft.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

first of many “it’s really not bad…” type commentary. Give it time, these will be everywhere.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Besides the Steam reviews (which as Gavin pointed out are mostly "5/10, but I'm clicking thumbs up anyway lol"), all I see is people savaging it for being the steaming pile of shit that it is.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I liked City of Heroes before the woke police of that day overran it. Had a Jamaican Mind Controller it a tie died peace symbol outfit I named Reefer Madness and they outright deleted that character. Made a grappler inspired by the Most Extreme Elimination guy Green T Bagger, poof. Finally settled in on a force field defender and they redid all the nazi bad guys to not offend (redacted) and turned it into a grind fest. That was the last MMO I ever played, really.

Is DC Online really better than CoH was?

• 1Solidarity