Summer 2016 Anime Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The story in Tales of Zestiria (the game) was not good. It was complete and utter shit.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I watched the first episode of:

Days,
Fukigen
& hatsukoi

days gave me a sort of baby steps vibe- just soccer
fukigen looked ok,
hatsukoi- was ok, just didn't click to me

will be watching more new stuff shortly.

side note: one chinese light novel bit i would like to see made into an anime would be tales of demons and gods. sort of naruto ish but...i like it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

If youve watched Your Lie in April then Arima's performance here will make you LOL.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
For the Berserk anime, do I need to have watched the original anime to understand it? Or is it a remake?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The new fan service show this season already making headlines:"Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia" is Too Hot for TVQ

The Japanese broadcast of Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia (aka Masou Gakuen H x H), a TV anime adaptation based on the series of light novels written by Masamune Kuji and illustrated by Hisasi, has hit a bit of a stumbling block: the series has been dropped from broadcast on TVQ Kyushu Broadcast due to "circumstances".

Currently, the series is still scheduled to debut as planned on AT-X on July 05, 2016

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Thought the Tales anime was gonna be standalone because I didn't read up on it and had to turn it off after 10 minutes of not knowing what the fuck was going on.

Watched the first episode of Berserk with the wife and we both liked it not knowing anything about the story previously. She was jonesing for something dark after AOT has been on break so long.

The new fan service show this season already making headlines:"Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia" is Too Hot for TVQ
Holy shit what did I just watch

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That sounds like a first day watch.

I remember how pitifully bad Cross Ange started off, but then it became really fucking good. I liked that show, even though it was mostly fan service.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LN readers over on reddit are making comments like "this series puts even Shinmao maou no testament to shame" if that gives any indication. CR better pray they have the uncensored version or no one will watch there.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The main guy recharges the girls' powers by molesting them pretty much.

3879_-_animated_gif_chuck_norris_dodgeball_thumbs_up.gif

I might end up with a new avatar this season.

Fadaar

That guy
That sounds like a first day watch.

I remember how pitifully bad Cross Ange started off, but then it became really fucking good. I liked that show, even though it was mostly fan service.
Ehh Cross Ange was still fairly mediocre til the end, but it did get a lot better than the shitty beginning. Fanservice was pretty lol considering it still stayed censored in the BR release.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thought the Tales anime was gonna be standalone because I didn't read up on it and had to turn it off after 10 minutes of not knowing what the fuck was going on.
It sort of is, from what I could tell the anime starts off at the same time as the game did, just from a different character's pov. Idk why the Berseria chick showed up in the final credits though; I knew Berseria was a prequel, but I thought it was a few hundred years before Zestiria so idk where they are going there.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It sort of is, from what I could tell the anime starts off at the same time as the game did, just from a different character's pov. Idk why the Berseria chick showed up in the final credits though; I knew Berseria was a prequel, but I thought it was a few hundred years before Zestiria so idk where they are going there.
Supposedly there will be some kind of cameo of her in there - Also the anime starts what seems like a little bit before the game but not by much, id say just days or a week or something but minuscule.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched:

Food Wars - hilarious fun
Beserk - Know nothing about the series, but it was good (the animation was iffy, but I liked Ajin / Knights of Sidonia).
Tales - Great animation, hope the story is good
Taboo Tattoo - Could be good, but it seems to have the same type of misplaced humor as Stray Dogs
D-Gray Man - Should have watched the previous series, since nothing I saw had any impact.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
anyone watch Kuromurkuro on netflix or any other sites? i was bored last night and turned neflix on to see if anything good was avail (or i was going to watch the rest of Lethal Weapon) and saw that and went Hmm..

Liked it alot. (binged 6 episodes before bed)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's hit or miss. When they focus on the robot/alien stuff it's pretty good, but not so much when they focus on the girl for stupid reasons.