Summer 2018 Anime

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Isn't ... (MHA question for those who read the manga)

The guy wearing the plague mask Overhaul, who takes Midoriya's Full Cowling 100%?

If so...damn. Wonder if we'll get a filler season or wait another several months.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

The guy wearing the plague mask Overhaul, who takes Midoriya's Full Cowling 100%?

If so...damn. Wonder if we'll get a filler season or wait another several months.

No, he's a guy from the next arc mostly, but I think he was also there during the training exercise invasion. The one that talks to/contradicts himself all the time.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

He is. This is why I'm excited that we will get this arc during Fall/Winter.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bring on Fall 2018! Summer was a bit of a bust with only a couple of decent shows. Can't wait for Thunderbolt Fantasy season 2. Shocked it never really got the attention it deserved.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So the big boss of that episode was 5 "baby goats". All they really do is step on people because they're so large. I wish they actually did something else other than being large. The rest of their body seems to be useless.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Speaking of MHA, they're actually playing the movie at my local theater. I'm going to see it tomorrow. I believe this is an entirely original story. I'll have to re-watch the "special" episode from a few weeks ago to refresh my memory.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So the big boss of that episode was 5 "baby goats". All they really do is step on people because they're so large. I wish they actually did something else other than being large. The rest of their body seems to be useless.

Stronoff going to have a bad time.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm at the theater right now for the Boku no Hero Academia movie. I'll let you know how it is.

Edit: Ok, the movie just ended. It was pretty good, but definitely a stand alone from the main series. It kind of had to be stand alone, though. There's a scientist that crafts a device that allows Deku to use 100% or his powers risk free.

Fun movie, though. And they found a way to include most of the UA students.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Finally got around to finishing off this season of Overlord. It was good fun - I am thinking Ains is kind of playing with fire by encouraging independent thought from his minions though - it's been a while, but aren't all the floor guardians raid bosses ? That's why it's the whole guild that are the 'supreme beings' - so not only are they stronger than he is, a number of them are demonstrably considerably smarter than him.

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
He soloed Shalltear and it's been said throughout the series the guardians were created by them.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
He soloed Shalltear and it's been said throughout the series the guardians were created by them.

Shalltear is the weakest(1st floor guardian) of them, and he only beat her by trickery and cheating his ass off*

Yeah, the guild built Nazarick and designed the guardians, but they were for players to fight - he mentions that Sebas and the maids didn't get to fight anything because no players ever made it to the 9th floor. Which means at least some of them have never been beaten by any combination of players in the game even after being there for years, much of that time unsupported by the guild.

* Yggdrassil was clearly pay to win to a truly disgusting extent ;p

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Shalltear is the weakest(1st floor guardian) of them, and he only beat her by trickery and cheating his ass off*

Yeah, the guild built Nazarick and designed the guardians, but they were for players to fight - he mentions that Sebas and the maids didn't get to fight anything because no players ever made it to the 9th floor. Which means at least some of them have never been beaten by any combination of players in the game even after being there for years, much of that time unsupported by the guild.

* Yggdrassil was clearly pay to win to a truly disgusting extent ;p
floor 1 and 4 are the strongest guardians, shalltear was hard for ainz to fight b/c even tho shes a vamp, she uses divine magic.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I finally got around to watching the end of High Score Girl. I ended up really liking this show. It was a love story full of the games I played in my youth. Pretty good stuff.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
I finally got around to watching the end of High Score Girl. I ended up really liking this show. It was a love story full of the games I played in my youth. Pretty good stuff.
It's getting some OVAs eventually I guess, but no 2nd season.