Summer 2020 Anime Thread

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Rem is still the absolute best girl after all those years.
To this day it is my belief that it would have been much better to drop the nuke at the end of season 1. Even though I read the LN I found the four years of insufferable "Who's Rem?" assholes to be highly obnoxious.

Also: Mushoku Tensei PV2 dropped, and it looks better than expected:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That's funny coming to Evangelion so late in life. It was like the #1 emo teenager shit for me. I was super depressed and watched that shit all the time.

Don't have much else to recommend that hasn't been listed because I'm not a hardcore watcher. Did anyone mention Megalobox? I thought something else awesome came out that same season but can't remember now. Shingeki no soma gets, or got, a lot of hype around the time it was released. I just recently finished watching all of Sword Art Online and found it enjoyable with the exception of Season 2.

If you're just now picking up Evangelion you may as well go watch Akira for the sake of having scene it since it is likely to show up all over the place if you go hunting. Fist of the North Star was great back then too, don't know how well it has aged.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
It may look like cute crap at first glance, but Madoka Magica is great if you want some crushing despair. The movie trilogy has the first 2 being the original show with the 3rd being what happens after.

Homura did nothing wrong

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
To this day it is my belief that it would have been much better to drop the nuke at the end of season 1. Even though I read the LN I found the four years of insufferable "Who's Rem?" assholes to be highly obnoxious.

Also: Mushoku Tensei PV2 dropped, and it looks better than expected:
It's going to be such an incredible series. All the while, he collects panties. Weeb nerd.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Elfin Lied is pretty rough; I enjoyed it immensely. Cowboy Bebop (and along the same lines, Samurai Champloo) are probably the best dubbed anime outside of studio Ghibli stuff, but definitely more light-hearted overall (certain episodes of each omitted; there's some dark stuff in both)

But for this season? Thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of God of High School. Shokugeki no Soma seems uh... hrm, phoned in, kinda? I still watched and enjoyed, but thinking back on it it has been progressively what a naysayer called it; a series of stills vs. "animation." Like there's less just overall movement, with more single frame stuff and voice-overs over it. I mean I'll watch it but man, it seems kind of glaring now.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
For older series, try Rah Xephon. It's kind of Gundam in theme, due to big robot.
There's also Witch Hunter Robin.
For long series (like Naruto or Bleach), check out Rurouni Kenshin. It's good shit. They also made a live action movie about it.

Sports ones, check out Baby Steps about Tennis. Also Haikyuu, all about high school volley ball (this is amazing).

Let's see...

New series, Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer). It has one of the best single episodes in recent memory. Holy shit was it stunning. The show all together was great, even if it was short.

Sword Art Online & Log Horizon were excellent...

Ajin was dark and glorious. Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is like starting EQ again and realizing you suck. Can't go wrong with the Best Girl from Rascal Dreams of Bunny Girl. Kono Suba gets bonus points for fun. No Game No Life was great, even if the anime itself was only 1 season. Made in Abyss was extremely dark.

That's enough to wrap you in for a while. Oh yeah, Ballroom was excellent also, even though it's just about dancing. I still loved the series.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Deca-Dence :

Now *that* is what I call a rocket punch ;p

I approve of this first episode in a variety of ways.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Also: Japan Sinks dropped on Netflix. Didn't watch it yet.

Slime OAD 4 also came out.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So just watched Re:Zero s2 Ep 1.

I'm ready for more suffering... also.

What as neat ...when Gluttony bites down on Rem, it goes to some scenes from her and Subaru's life together that never happened. Apparently it's part of a what if story where they did run away together and had kids.
5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwEP_BCh9DaeeuocWkL_CIL8

5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwA3Xz8yY8O0DOYrz2v5NMSo

5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwOFU-xzHDuD_qFlYo1ltIu0

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It may look like cute crap at first glance, but Madoka Magica is great if you want some crushing despair. The movie trilogy has the first 2 being the original show with the 3rd being what happens after.

Homura did nothing wrong
Girls are fucking weird.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Please, I'm just that much stronger than you - Anos"

I hope the series can continue to be this good, lol.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
SAO Underworld ep 1 was meh....real hero of the story entered at the very end

Tentacle Rape in ep 1....just why

Also, Rent-a-Girlfriend oh man, this is gonna be great. Pretty funny and great start to the series. Definitely getting Bunny girl Sempai vibes from this.