Summer 2020 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Deca-Dense completely changed as a show between episodes 1 & 2. I don't know if I like the "new" version, but I'll give it a try.

Gibiate - This show could be considered SJW: The Anime. People are "infected" and become a monster. Then they destroy everything. That basic concept explains liberalism. I'll see how the show is. I'm only about 3-minutes in, but the audio during the episode is top notch. The sound of water drops during the opening seconds really pushed that.

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
Deca-Dense completely changed as a show between episodes 1 & 2. I don't know if I like the "new" version, but I'll give it a try.

I like it. At least it's not another Attack on TItan/Kabaneri type story rehash. Nothing more cliche than "last surviving human city fighting monsters that invaded the world".

velk

Trakanon Raider

Story wise I like it, but I really dislike the art style of the bots. Hopefully they stay on the other side mostly, the art is just so much more appealing.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was certainly odd, and I'm hoping the questions that episode raised will be answered.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Uzaki-chan is a cute show with the situations, but I absolutely despise the girl. She's so fucking annoying, and that sharp tooth thing on her lip... and the constantly angry cat face in episode 1. Those are my biggest gripes. The show's theory is good, but she's a PITA. As the boss, I would absolutely ask her to leave my coffee shop. She's too much of a disturbance.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay Peter Grill is probably going to be my favorite this season. It's just good old fashioned humor.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Uzaki-chan is a cute show with the situations, but I absolutely despise the girl. She's so fucking annoying, and that sharp tooth thing on her lip... and the constantly angry cat face in episode 1. Those are my biggest gripes. The show's theory is good, but she's a PITA. As the boss, I would absolutely ask her to leave my coffee shop. She's too much of a disturbance.

According to Uzaki Chan going to BBQ, Movie, or Sushi alone is trash level sad loner.

1595165179126.png

Fadaar

That guy
Okay Peter Grill is probably going to be my favorite this season. It's just good old fashioned humor.

I need trash like this every now and then. Reviewers is the new high bar for trash so if anything can come close I'm happy with it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I laughed hard at TGoHS's DQ match. That was great stuff. Jin Mori is glorious, but I guess that's why he's this series' MC.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What's up with the guy's fucked up eyes in God of High School? Additionally, why can people not in high school compete in the God of High School tournament?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
What's up with the guy's fucked up eyes in God of High School?

Looked like the same eyes as the murder clown the commissioner summoned. With how they zoomed in on the eyes to make sure you noticed, it's probably some heavy foreshadowing.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If Demon King is just episode after episode of him wtfpwning everyone I can deal with that. It is pretty funny so far.

Malkav

French Madman
The MC from Rent a Girlfriend has to be the cringiest MC I've ever seen. God damn it, it's actually pushing me away from the show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The MC from Rent a Girlfriend has to be the cringiest MC I've ever seen. God damn it, it's actually pushing me away from the show.
I still wanted to reserve my judgement until the end of the season, but I have to admit I dropped the manga, so I knew what was coming.