Summer Olympics 2021

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
lmao cuba actually has 5 people in "Canoe Sprint". maybe some day rafting will be a discipline

1627406620132.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shut your mouth hole. I would have murdered my coach and done the vault anyways if I were in her position and the coach said no. And Biles is 100% a shitbag for abandoning her teammates.
You know I'd always thought she was 16 at the Olympics, but apparently she was 18 which means it was her decision to make.

Karolyi was still a monster though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Yeah when I googled it it was all about how Osaka and Biles are heroes for helping fight the stigma against mental health.
Fuck all this. When the greatest basketball player to ever live had a mental breakdown over the murder of his father he took a while off to play some baseball (at a level he never gets real credit for) then came back to be even better and win 3 more world titles in a row.

This generation is just a bunch of adult babies.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
You know I'd always thought she was 16 at the Olympics, but apparently she was 18 which means it was her decision to make.

Karolyi was still a monster though.
US athletes could learn a few things from their Russian counterparts. Mustafina in Rio clearly struggling with pain, but doing her best anyway and without a single peep of feeling sorry for herself. Or Lipnitskya skating through a cramp and a bad back and zero complaints or excuses. Or Slutskaya's career filled with various show-stopping ailments, but she was always there doing her best.

Biles pops out of a spin, has a mental breakdown, then throws her team under the bus. What a disgrace.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
will cock sucking ever be an olympic sport?

• 1Mother of God

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I don't even know how I'm supposed to watch any of it, I'm not watching fucking NBC by itself

Pay for the Peacock app to watch what was free on broadcast tv. Or log in using your grandpa cable TV login and then have the main stream garbled for two straight days now.

Not sure if they have a decent website, but the Peacock app is shit. Even the regular broadcast had issues at the end of the USA v France basketball game.

It's a deserved mess all around.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Seriously, dude, stop bringing up Foler in every thread!
Ever since he passed away, araysar’s spy program got stuck in a loop and it only posts his final thoughts over and over in a loop. RIP

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 5 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Can the coach remove biles for the individual competition? I hope she get send home, but she is probably going to compete and win some individual events.

Jovec

?
Can the coach remove biles for the individual competition? I hope she get send home, but she is probably going to compete and win some individual events.
No coach/Team USA wants that media backlash if they sideline her. My take is that if she can't compete in the team comp for mental health reasons she shouldn't be allowed to compete in the individual competitions either for the same reasons. No reason to help her promote her personal brand if she cannot help her teammates and compete for her country.

More than that, the USA Gymnastics organization should bill her for whatever training, housing, transportation, and medical services, etc. they provided her leading up to the Olympics. If she didn't want to go, don't take up a roster spot. It's not her first Olympics too, where cracking under the pressure is a bit understandable. This is literally her job and she quit. It's extremely dubious after her bad performance and it just looks like she is pouting.

Very similar to Naomi Osaka withdrawing from the French Open because she didn't want to do media sessions for "mental health." Female tennis players make equal money at tennis majors for less work (they play 2-of-3 sets vs 3-of-5 for men). Part of that pay comes from media obligations since professional sport is as much entertainment as competition. She wanted her money but didn't want to do all of the job obligations.

If there was a known injury or a sudden personal tragedy the situation would be different.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Where's Tonya Harding when we need her.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
If she didn't want to go, don't take up a roster spot.

I don't care about the media coverage or if she even competes and totally shits the bed. Going out healthy and whining screws some other competitor out of the opportunity of a lifetime because she can't handle and off day. That should be an instant permaban in any team environment and I hope it significantly tarnishes her legacy.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I can't believe I'm going to actually defend modern sissy athletes, but here goes nothing....

Biles cracked under pressure, for sure, but I don't fully blame her. It's a definite 'life comes at you fast' moment, but my main issue is with the lying as media trying to whitewash the incident and blame everyone else and make excuses and all the things they always do to avoid basic reporting. In the interview I saw, Biles wasn't making excuses, admitted she screwed up because she was frustrated, and then tried to get the interview back to the team and their accomplishment. Maybe it was just deflection, but I saw her after-the-incident reactions as being pretty professional and classy, so she gets credit there.

People who are fans have been concerned for a long time. I guess she had been caught on camera earlier in the year, during competitions, saying she wished she'd just die and shit. Something was going on, and the question becomes was anyone addressing it? I mean, yeah, she's the one that snapped, but there's also an entire organization involved that ignored minors being diddled for years and other abuses. Did they also ignore a gymnast seeming very down on herself, and for many months now, to the point she was expressing suicidal thoughts out load with cameras and teammates around? I give her credit for going out there and continuing to work when maybe she shouldn't have.

Her pushing through personal issues or mental health issues didn't work out and she broke under pressure, but shit happens and she doesn't have a history of quitting or being selfish or anything like that. It was literally a breaking point, not one of a long history of tantrums. She's not typically a detriment to the team or a problem. Something caused her to crack, and she freaked out. Then she didn't blame everyone else or make up an injury. In an interview where the interviewer was trying to sugar coat she didn't go along with excuses or anything, just owned up to it and shifted to making sure the team was getting praise and recognition they deserved.

If she shouldn't be allowed to compete going forward, it should be because she's still struggling with whatever issues caused her to break. I don't believe in punishing her just for snapping when she's been pretty solid in the past and doesn't have a history of selfish bullshit.

Same with Naomi Osaka, who is a bit more prone to drama, but as I recall it she had been having anxiety issues, specifically tried to get permission to not do certain interviews and media appearances because of it, and I swear I remember was told she wouldn't have to, and then when she got there they were like just kidding you have a contract we lied to get you here suck it up. And to her credit, she just said that's fine and quit. It's not like she demanded pay or to get special treatment that I remember, when, if she's having legit medical or mental health issues, I'm actually okay with some amount of accommodation for that, especially for younger athletes.

It sucks and is kinda lame our society is so soft, but mental health issues are still issues. I guess the decision we make as a society is if we think they're legit reasons to be taken seriously medically, or just part of the job so fuck you deal with it. The argument is that we've all had stress in our jobs. We've also all had jobs where our bosses probably didn't give a shit if we called in sick because of it, and probably had resources that would support us, and if we were cracking under pressure would probably be bitching or suing if our bosses were like sorry, sucks to be you, nobody cares, now get out there in front of the entire fucking world and try not to disappoint 350 million people!

Shit situation and both deserve some measure of blame (and even a little ridicule), but even as the asshole I am I'm not going to put as much blame and direct as much ire at either Biles (or Naomi Osaka) as some people are. I don't see the need to punish Biles for choking and not let her compete individually (though I have some concerns about her mental health and whether it's smart. If she can manage it, it's still her spot and would be an awesome story and good on her.

The media are shitheels and can get fucked for enabling our coddled society that uses and abuses and forgets athletes at their leisure. And all the organizations involved seem fucked up and could use some changes so they stop being so dysfunctional and abusive, especially when so many athletes are minors who've been under the umbrella of these organizations since they were kids and keep getting diddled, for instance. And the Olympics have sucked anyway, especially because of Covid that I think fucked over a lot of these athletes regarding training and mental health like a lot of especially young people with Covid hysteria.

I guess I see them as defective products of our society, not the cause of societal issues, so will cut them some slack.

• 3Like
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 5 users