Summoner's War - Sky Arena

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Opened 25 mystical scrolls I've saved over like a month and a half and got Water Samurai (allegedly the worst) and 24 3*. So I'm done...again. We'll see how long it lasts.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Several chat conversations seem to think Water Samurai is one of the best. I don't know myself, but I've seen it discussed for sure. I have one but haven't done anything with it.

They really need a database somewhere that shows how much damage each skill does base, so you can compare creatures. Right now there is really no way to gauge how much a creature is going to hit for until you actually level it up and try it.

Or at least put a "Testing Ground" area in where you can experiment without wasting energy OR gaining xp, because as soon as you gain a level shit changes, obviously.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I usually just get the 225 crystal pack and open them as I get them. The one time I saved up a bunch, I opened up 16, 3* in a row. I've had better luck opening just a few at a time.

It took me a while, but I finally manage to awaken my Water ArchAngel (Ariel) and get him to 6*. He's pretty crazy and I don't even have him fully runed yet.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Opened 25 mystical scrolls I've saved over like a month and a half and got Water Samurai (allegedly the worst) and 24 3*. So I'm done...again. We'll see how long it lasts.
Several chat conversations seem to think Water Samurai is one of the best. I don't know myself, but I've seen it discussed for sure. I have one but haven't done anything with it..
Awakened 5-Star Water Ninja is needed for fusion to get the Water Phoenix. (Not sure if that makes it worth it even so.)

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How high do you guys get into ascension ? I can't beat 50 at the moment, what kind of team is best suited for it ? CC ?

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
I struggled with it, but ended up beating it (not gracefully) with the following team;

6* Water Slyph, 5* Water Witch, 5* Light Inugami, 6* Wind Drunken Master, 5* Fire Vampire.

I focus fired the wind occult girl and ignored the imps since they were more likely to fall to CC. I then proceeded to kill the light occult girl. Even with pretty high accuracy they were resisting most CC, but the more debuffs you have on them the better.

lanludar

Silver Squire
I can't seem to get anything to 6*...just getting all that fodder to 5 * is soul sapping. Is there some trick to it or do you guys just grind until you want to kill someone?

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
It's painful without a doubt, but there are some ways to mitigate the chance of slitting your wrists.

If I'm going to work my way towards a 6* star, I try to do it during the week since most events tend to focus on the weekdays. Buy the EXP boost for 200 crystals which gives you 3 days of 2x exp. Faimon 1 normal/hard/hell is the best exp for time invested and you get a ton of fodders for your energy. I usually do Hard unless I'm leveling some strong monsters and net 2500ish exp for 4 energy.

When leveling monsters, I like to put in 1 project monster (a keeper that I'll gradually take to 5-6* to experiment with), and 2 fodders. The fodders level pretty quick but I tend to pay more attention to the project monster and don't focus as much on every level up. In addition I would also recommend doing the leveling in blocks - for example, To make a 4* monster, I will need 4-3* monsters. I will level my 2 stars to 3* until I get enough for 4-4* (16-3 stars).

By the time I get that many I'm pretty well burnt out, and the exp buff is expiring. At that point I focus on other activities. Of course, this is drastically sped up if you pull a crappy 4* awakened 3* mob from the mystic scrolls, so don't be afraid to toss 75 crystals at the summon machine every now and then. I wouldn't recommend foddering any natural 4*'s unless you do some research and make sure they have no value.

Also, I'd fodder some monsters that are no longer particularly useful for your stage in the game. I had quite a few imps I was building for Giants, but when they changed how Giant's worked I dumped them all to 5* something.

I can't seem to get anything to 6*...just getting all that fodder to 5 * is soul sapping. Is there some trick to it or do you guys just grind until you want to kill someone?

Gurgeh

Getting to 6* is not the bottleneck imo, it's getting decent runes to lvl 15. I'm close to getting a 3rd lvl 40, but I only have 1 monster with decent runes. Good runes make a huge difference, a 6* lvl 15 atk rune is +63% vs a mere 30ish% for a lvl 12 non 6*.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Wait, are you honestly bitching about being able to play as much as you want when you want vs running out of shit and having to sit out 3/4 hours?
Yes, if I wanted to play a phone game 24/7 I would be 12 not 30 and not have a life as opposed to having one.
The main reason i play Summoner War is because it auto-fights for me. I can tap two buttons, go back to work, come back in 5 mins, and feel accomplished. Once my stam/energy is depleted i can let my phone actually charge.

Gurgeh

I rolled my 1st 5*, a wind dragon knight. I felt like "meh", but well, that's still a 5*

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Is there anywhere that actually breaks down damage per monster, something like this:

Monster Name
Skill 1: ATK * 150%
Skill 2: ATK * 300%
Skill 3: (ATK * 200%) * (SPD/4)

Or something along those lines. I saw one via Reddit at some point, taken from the actual game data supposedly, but it only had a few monsters, and was before a lot of the updates as well.

Basically I'm trying to find out which monsters will do which damage, everything being equal, blah blah. It is so difficult to tell between two monsters because ATK will be different, and there isn't an easy way to see how much each skill actually does without the attack variation. I'd even put together a nicely formatted list if I could get the raw data somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
There is a very.incomplete list somewh ere on reedit with maybe 50 monsters. I do remember a few surprises.

Fire Amazon gets massive multiplier on thrd skill.
All elemental drunken masters scale very well.
Wind sylph has an utterly retarded multiplier for third skill. 800 or 900%.
Reapers have shit multipliers.

That's all I remember

On phone. Sorry for errors

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Another round of new monsters;

rrr_img_86433.jpg
rrr_img_86434.jpg
rrr_img_86435.jpg
rrr_img_86436.jpg

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Yea I've noticed my list of people on my friends are not all level 40 6* monsters that I would use, instead it is a mis-mash of level 14-35 junk because people stopped playing.

Clean the slate!