Summoner's War - Sky Arena

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just picked this up recently, any advice for starting out? Working on leveling the few decent monsters I've picked up so far but not sure if there is an optimal farm location or order or something?
What are your decent monsters?

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
In terms of how to level, you more or less just want to work your way through the maps until you reach Faimon. You then want to build up something that can solo the first level of normal Faimon. You can then use that dude plus 3 of whatever you want to level, and spam it. Forever.

In the mean time, you can get powerful friends and use them to pass levels you wouldn't otherwise be able to pass. When you use a friend, they get no split of the exp, so yours actually get more. Plus you can probably do stuff you wouldn't otherwise get to, and work your way toward Faimon (where you can use friends to level your stuff until you can do it yourself)

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
What are your decent monsters?
Nothing crazy good but below is the list of what I've kept/leveled:

4* Water Sylphid (17)
3* Water Inugami (25)
3* Water Warbear (24)
3* Earth/Wind? Beast Hunter (24)
3* Light Fairy Queen (24)
3* Fire Golem (18)
3* Water Fairy (15)
3* Fire Ursha Awakened (15)
3* Light Garuda (10)
3* Earth/Wind? Drunken Master (1 - just opened with one of the rare scrolls i spent all my mana crystals on in the shop).

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would grab the Line app, send a friend request to Aevry, and join us chatting there for better communication. Off the top of my head, mons you can get easy that will serve you for a long time include the Water Garuda, Wind Warbear, Wind Pixie, and Wind Griffon. And if you can get in on Secret Dungeons, Light Bearman, Light Inugami, and Light Vagabond are good to get. The Water Warbear and all the Hellhounds I found quite useful early on too. Faimon 1 is a popular farming place and a good goal to work towards.

Xith

None of those is particularly good. I guess concentrate on the water guys so you can farm faimon. I think water warbear can solo it at some point. Here's a couple of general tips

1. Do the daily quests every day
2. Kill the rivals every time you can
3. I personally save crystals until I get to 225 and then buy the summoner pack. 750 one is better if you have the patience to save that long.
4. Buy the devilmon from glory shop every week - but don't use them until you get a good 4 or 5*.
5. These are good farmable guys - try to get them (wind griffon, wind pixie, light vagabond, light bearman, light inugami).
6. If you have extra glory points, buy the mysterious plant/sanctum of energy and upgrade it.
7. Add some people as friends and use their powerful monsters to help you (trial of ascension, giants, etc).
8. Keep an eye on events and try to do them all.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I disagree, water sylphid can be awesome. Do not, under any circumstances, get rid of that. It requires some significant runes and devilmons, but you'll be sorry if you don't keep it. It can also *easily* solo Faimon earlier than that later awesome if you work on it a little.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well, I'm guessing you don't have much in the way of violent runes yet, so you definitely want some energy/hp% runes. I don't know what is considered the best rune setup for her without looking at various sites (which usually differ anyway), but the key to using her successfully is keeping her alive long enough for her to recast the third skill (on herself if you're using her for Faimon), which is a complete heal. Awakening her and getting one skillup in it will get it 2 turns faster, but it is still 5 turns between uses, so you see what you have to shoot for. Fortunately she's the perfect element for Faimon, so it really isn't a huge undertaking to get her to where she can survive Normal mode, and then harder ones as you get better.

Also make her leader for Faimon, as the resistance bonus will help a lot with avoiding armor break. It helps a ton for a lot of things actually (Dragons), if you use a water team.

Higher end runes would involve violent for sure, because the more turns you take, the more times you can complete heal someone on your team.

Xith

I probably should have looked into it more, but that water slyphid is apparently very good. Focus on leveling/skilling/runing her. As a rule, don't get rid of any natural 4/5* unless they are duplicates.

Rothir

Lord Nagafen Raider
I disagree, water sylphid can be awesome. Do not, under any circumstances, get rid of that. It requires some significant runes and devilmons, but you'll be sorry if you don't keep it. It can also *easily* solo Faimon earlier than that later awesome if you work on it a little.
No shit. I foddered one, maybe even two early on when I didn't know any better and I really regret it. Once she she has the right runes, Lumirecia is a PvE beast. The problem is a lot of the common "wisdom" on Reddit and various "tier lists" says she sucks.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
One more quick question, where in Faimon am I farming or does it matter? Boss level?

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
The first level is the best for exp / time / ease.

I do second joining the group within the Line app if you enjoy the game. There are about 20-25 of us and most of the time we discuss game related things. I think 90% are from RR but we've been playing for awhile and can give good advice on the fly.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what is the line app called? "line app"? cuz i dl'd something from the app store and it's just a login, do i have to pre-reg somewhere else?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Arch, I'm assuming that's your name in game as well. I sent you a friend invite. I'd try and hook up with as many higher level people as possible, as you can use our Rep mon once a day, for each friend you have. Can really give you a jump start using our tricked out mons to help you.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm actually using ArchXarch since Arch/Xarch was already taken heh, thanks again for all the info all.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ok i got 5s (these are awakened, i just don't know the names)
light fairy queen
blue fairy
light garuda
fire hellhound(tonite)

4s
blue mystic witch
blue viking
red viking
red imp champion
blue lizardman
red living armor
red bounty hunter
red samurai

who should be my first 6s? blue mystic witch/red hellhound?

i plan to use red/blue viking/red bounty hunter/lizardman as the food

also is it worthwhile to bank the mons necessary for the hex fusion?

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
ok i got 5s (these are awakened, i just don't know the names)
light fairy queen
blue fairy
light garuda
fire hellhound(tonite)

4s
blue mystic witch
blue viking
red viking
red imp champion
blue lizardman
red living armor
red bounty hunter
red samurai

who should be my first 6s? blue mystic witch/red hellhound?

i plan to use red/blue viking/red bounty hunter/lizardman as the food

also is it worthwhile to bank the mons necessary for the hex fusion?
The only monster in your box currently that has any late-game potential/usefulness is the Blue Mystic Witch, so I'd give her your best swift runes. Red Hellhound also is used in a lot of niche AO teams for his attack buff/crit buff and crazy burst with Bite.

I'd focus on those two and hope for better pulls. None of them are immediate 6* potential though.