Super Mario Bros. (2022)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I dunno about Chris' voice. You would think one of the most iconic video game characters ever would have a rather distinct one.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah I dunno about Chris' voice. You would think one of the most iconic video game characters ever would have a rather distinct one.
If this was even like 6-7 years ago we would have gotten the Italian stereotype voice I bet. Just now, it isn't worth the hassle. At least Pratt is doing a bit of a Brooklyn accent.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ok.. Im just curious why this trailer is getting a rather substantial amount of dislikes, regardless of which one you look at. Then on top of that, comments are turned off. Im not even sure how anyone can be offended by fucking Mario of all things.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Ok.. Im just curious why this trailer is getting a rather substantial amount of dislikes, regardless of which one you look at. Then on top of that, comments are turned off. Im not even sure how anyone can be offended by fucking Mario of all things.
Welcome to 2022 where being offended is a part of peoples self worth.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My kids, who love playing Mario games, always have the game sounds blasting loudly. I keep trying to get my son into liking Mario Galaxy, but he just doesn't get into it the way my daughter will. But then again, he's only 5, and isn't very good at handling the Wii controller yet.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
blue hairs hate chris pratt

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

its going to get hate no matter what. It’s been tame here so far but it’ll crank up as more previews come out.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Like I said before, I don't mind it. I wouldn't want to listen to a high pitched exaggerated Italian accent for two hours. Kids will love it, it'll make millions and it looks alright otherwise.

I get why some may not be a fan though.
he's gotta say at least once "Its a me, Mario!'"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If this was even like 6-7 years ago we would have gotten the Italian stereotype voice I bet. Just now, it isn't worth the hassle. At least Pratt is doing a bit of a Brooklyn accent.
its not a stereotype. italians from Italy actually talk that way when speaking english. i dont know why. its like chinese cant say their Ls and Rs correctly or germans shit up the english language all over the place. i'm kind of offended Pratt doesnt sound anything like Mario.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
its not a stereotype. italians from Italy actually talk that way when speaking english. i dont know why. its like chinese cant say their Ls and Rs correctly or germans shit up the english language all over the place. i'm kind of offended Pratt doesnt sound anything like Mario.
Which Italians? My first wife was Italian born and she speaks better English than I do.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
its a me mario is the worst one

this is the best italian

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Which Italians? My first wife was Italian born and she speaks better English than I do.
i guess it depends on how long they have been speaking english. my relatives from Italy used "a this a and a that a" all the time. like i said. no idea why, but speaking that way was definitely a thing. those relatives died in the 70s before Mario.
listen to a minute of this guy

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I listened to a Mario version and people will say it's more fitting but having the accent I see why it comes off annoying. The accent doesnt work for a movie, would hate having to listen to it for 90 minutes. Also the accent they use in the games was racist at one point. I know they hate take on Italian accents

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I listened to a Mario version and people will say it's more fitting but having the accent I see why it comes off annoying. The accent doesnt work for a movie, would hate having to listen to it for 90 minutes. Also
the accent they use in the games is was racist at one point. I know they hate talking crazy Italian alot
See, this guy fucks.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
no worries, I'm pretty sure somebody will make a fan cut of Mario sounding like how Mario should sound.
"oh mama mia, its a Bowser a and he's a trying to a fuck a my princess a in her a Super Star hole a."
iu

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I like the New York adjacent treatment they’re giving his voice. A full length film voiced in the same tone as the video game Mario would make me want to jump into a pit IRL.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Doesn’t sound anything like Mario …

man guess i really memory holed this movie, i actually made 30bucks when i was 13, my sister is way older than me so my nephew was like 7 w/ his other kiddie 7yr old friends, and right before we were gonna buy tickets, the other moms said, hey can we just give your our ticket money and we'll just pick you all up later. it was my first time watching so many kids, but 30bucks to watch mario?

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
no worries, I'm pretty sure somebody will make a fan cut of Mario sounding like how Mario should sound.
"oh mama mia, its a Bowser a and he's a trying to a fuck a my princess a in her a Super Star hole a."
iu

Doesn’t sound anything like Mario …

I thought the same thing, when did Mario get a voice. I remember beat boxing versions of the games