Super Mario Bros. (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wizards were great in groups, perfect group in original eq was cleric warrior 2 rogues and wizzard? Maybe a maybe druid for healing and transport? for second

Homsar

Shadow knights and paladins had it rough since they couldnt solo like shaman, druids and necros and groups only took them as last resort. Kunark made bards and monks highly wanted but balanced classes a little better.

Fuck what class normally won the best of the best fight? It always came down to a tank class correct?

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Shadow knights and paladins had it rough since they couldnt solo like shaman, druids and necros and groups only took them as last resort. Kunark made bards and monks highly wanted but balanced classes a little better.

Fuck what class normally won the best of the best fight? It always came down to a tank class correct?
those BotB tourneys were hampered by the dumb rules. they limited you to no uber weapons and limited mana. it should have been best player wins and use whatever gear you bring to the table. i think warriors would strafe each other with blind weapons or some shit. boring boring boring.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It makes sense. But at the same time, whomever thought about doing that did the Wizard class a great service. I personally was a root and shoot type of player, until one of my guildmates were talking about a new type of hunting they read about somewhere. So I gave it a shot and holy shit. Life changing.
I did quads randomly through Kunark to level up, but AAed my ass off with them in Luclin. They were also a good source of faction when grinding either Dragon, Giant, or Dwarfin Velious.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
those BotB tourneys were hampered by the dumb rules. they limited you to no uber weapons and limited mana. it should have been best player wins and use whatever gear you bring to the table. i think warriors would strafe each other with blind weapons or some shit. boring boring boring.
And luck.
When BotB was going on, I was in the top 3 of best geared wizard's on the server. I had EVERY spell, and could hit 200 in fire/ice/lightning resistance without it effecting my health or mana too much.

Yet when I went up, I lost in the FIRST ROUND to a much greener wizard because 90% of my spells resisted, while almost nothing they cast did. That includes using lures and shit. I just had really bad luck, where as the opponent did not. Oh well, so much for having server first (world 4th) Staff of the Four. I guess my luck wasn't too bad. Getting Cazic Skin was luck. World wide, it would drop on every like... 100th Cazic kill in Fear.

Some of my guild mates made it through the server BotB. I don't recall any of them actually winning the whole thing, though. Enlightened Dark - Tarew Marr.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And luck.
When BotB was going on, I was in the top 3 of best geared wizard's on the server. I had EVERY spell, and could hit 200 in fire/ice/lightning resistance without it effecting my health or mana too much.

Yet when I went up, I lost in the FIRST ROUND to a much greener wizard because 90% of my spells resisted, while almost nothing they cast did. That includes using lures and shit. I just had really bad luck, where as the opponent did not. Oh well, so much for having server first (world 4th) Staff of the Four. I guess my luck wasn't too bad. Getting Cazic Skin was luck. World wide, it would drop on every like... 100th Cazic kill in Fear.

Some of my guild mates made it through the server BotB. I don't recall any of them actually winning the whole thing, though. Enlightened Dark - Tarew Marr.
one of our Enchanters (Delusio) and Wizards (Kriket) won the big finals. i think we also won Test Of Tactics. i was just happy to have a day off from raiding.

Fadaar

That guy
THogg was the only person from Tunare I remember doing well in BOTB. Think he might have won warrior.

Cybsled

Test of Tactics I remember my sole job was to target the enemy bard and just spam Abashi's nerf stick on them (back then it was instant cast dispell, so you could just machine gun spam it to shut down bard songs)

Madikus

Knows nothing.
THogg was the only person from Tunare I remember doing well in BOTB. Think he might have won warrior.
THogg took 2nd place. He wasn't allowed to wait on cooldowns and had to go into the final round without some of his skills up. He probably would have won if he had them available.

Homsar

THogg took 2nd place. He wasn't allowed to wait on cooldowns and had to go into the final round without some of his skills up. He probably would have won if he had them available.
I'm hazy, wtf were cooldowns and why would a warrior need it? I always played Shaman, Druid, and Cleric to teleport and res my dead ass

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was a group BOTB tournament on Druzzil where one of the teams (I was on it) was just all SKs. Because for some reason, they let us reset all of our disciplines/etc between matches, so we'd run in and mass Disc'd HT (to make it more or less unresistable for the average player) the high value targets and then mop up with your standard 2h spam. Was extremely effective until we came across a team that basically ran out and farmed up shiny brass idols explicitly to counter our "strat." If you don't remember, the item was a consumable that gave you invulnerability for like 15? Or something seconds. Even then we still got sorta close to winning, but if I remember correctly the opposing team were all in BIS gear available at the time and most had epics, while the SK epic wasn't even completed period on any server at the time of the fight (early-ish Kunark) - our all SK team wasn't even all 60 at the time.

Those old school tourneys were just rife with obvious exploits and bad design decisions. Putting a super nuke on an hour+ cooldown is funny from a character perspective but to make it even remotely worthwhile it also has to be broken as shit if you can spam it. I feel like there were also giant SK swarm raids on shit like Trakanon where someone would eat the DT and then everyone would rush and HT for an easy insta kill. Things like that.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Dec 21st 2022

IMG_3312.png

its animated btw

my generation got horny off Jessica Rabbit, now kids will get horny off the alien vibes of Peach + Ana Taylor Joy

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
after all these years, who is still demanding to see a Mario Brothers movie? i rather see a Dragon Warrior or Gauntlet movie. of course we all would want an Everquest movie more than anything.
I want to see a live action Banjo Kazooie movie. Cast Dave Bautista as Banjo and Sarah Silverman as Kazooie

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users