Super Mario Bros. (2022)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Seems to be a popular subject.
fj5mq1c0y1ta1.jpg

The timeline would need to extend out to 2045 to be near realistic.
At some point you get Nintendo Animation Studio to replace Illumination, too.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Just got back from watching this with my kids.

They thought it was good. I enjoyed it. I liked that there wasn't any shoehorned in woke shit, like random tranny or gays.

I would hope that Hollywood would take notice but I know they won't.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just got back from watching this with my kids.

They thought it was good. I enjoyed it. I liked that there wasn't any shoehorned in woke shit, like random tranny or gays.

I would hope that Hollywood would take notice but I know they won't.

You mean to tell me your kids weren't constantly asking when the Latinos were going to show up?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
saw this last night as well taking some visiting relatives, everyone loved it and wanted to play mario kart after

thank god its only 1h30m i dunno why other animated movies nowadays are longer. i thought bad guys and pinocchio were ok but they were too fucking long.

this is definitely gonna be something to buy at home and kids will watch over and over and over and over

also peach was hot, ngl

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems to be a popular subject.
fj5mq1c0y1ta1.jpg
That would be a pretty awesome infinity wars style world if they could somehow tie it together.

... Would also laugh and buy tickets to see Kirby vs all of that. Luigi asking Mario what it was like being swallowed by kirby would be A+

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was there a Luigi death stare? No Luigi death stare is a deal-breaker.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it really pisses these people off that a good wholesome movie is the best movie of the year while nobody bothers with their woke shit.
its not woke enough, go woker! thatll get them in the theaters!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It was entertaining and my kid adored it but if you're an adult and that's your movie of the year, that's weird. It's unabashedly a kid's film.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well this year has been pretty damn weak so far
Yeah, I mean, even if I hadn't see any other movies yet, I'd know it wouldn't be my movie of the year. I watch plenty of cartoons because of my kid and I don't know that Mario was really that much different than a Paw Patrol movie if you take away the nostalgia. A little more clever, but there's just a ceiling on it for me. It's not like I'm going to spend any time thinking about it after or have any desire to ever see it again, but there was nothing wrong or bad about it either. It's fast food done well.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was entertaining and my kid adored it but if you're an adult and that's your movie of the year, that's weird. It's unabashedly a kid's film.
well, the year isnt over yet and SMB will likely be the highest grossing movie of the year. calling it a kids movie is weak since all that MCU/DCEU/superhero/action films are kids films too. the films that actual adults enjoy. not manbabies, but mature adults are few and far between. you gotta wait til November or December for the "real" films to drop. most of those suck too. so yes SMB is looking like best movie of the year so far.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They hate Pratt because he's a white Christian man who isn't shy about talking about how much he loves God and his church and stuff. Also he didn't participate in any of the Marvel star anti-Trump circle-jerks, so people assume he must be a republican to boot. I have no idea if he is or not, but since he actually keeps his political opinions to himself, he probably is.

Welcome to the story of my career dealing with these people

Edit: they're double mad about no Princess Jogger too I bet

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Only a 41% drop, easy bill for this one

View attachment 469404
it still hasnt released in Japan or China yet. it will cap at least 200 million from there. it could top Frozen 2 and become top grossing animated film of all time. unless you include Avatar in there.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, this movie is not woke and it is doing better than pretty much everything else that has been released this year? That says a lot...

Super Mario Nintendo GIF by GIPHY Gaming

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
if you CHOOSE to see woke in this movie, you can see it. if you choose to not see woke, you can "not" see it.

the main "woke" complaint is ...peach is perfect at everything. Considering that mario just got there a day or two before, and Peach had been there for DECADES probably, i can see how peach could be portrayed in that way.