Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I wanted peach to dig up and throw a turnip

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
get what wrong? i havent played Nintendo since the early 90s. just say what it is you have a problem with. are you salty because you could play Peach in SMB2 and i said 3?
Yes, on a forum created by and for hardcore gamers above all else, I am salty that you fucked up the numbering of the SMB games.

• 8Like
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yes, on a forum created by and for hardcore gamers above all else, I am salty that you fucked up the numbering of the SMB games.
see, i respect that. i knew i dun goofed after i posted that, but my OCD allowed me not to go back and edit the post to say SMB2. any time my OCD cuts me a break is a good day. i also dont really like SMB2 as much as 1 and 3 so my memory isnt as vivid. now, what will really bake your noodle is what we call SMB3 is actually SMB2.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
In the movie, they mentioned that Peach's bangs were a heart. I never noticed that before them mentioning it, in any of my Mario games.

1681801375531.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
Saw it yesterday. Despite what our ardent right-wingers conspiracy theorist might think, this is one movie that resisted the woke agenda!

I'm trying to find that song the Koopas were playing at that concert in Bowzer's flying fortress. Whatever that was, it slapped.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
if you CHOOSE to see woke in this movie, you can see it. if you choose to not see woke, you can "not" see it.

the main "woke" complaint is ...peach is perfect at everything. Considering that mario just got there a day or two before, and Peach had been there for DECADES probably, i can see how peach could be portrayed in that way.
My only problem with this excuse was they had Mario doing parkour rushing to their job in NY while having to help luigi through the construction site. But then they get sucked to mushroom kingdom and suddenly he's a stumbling newb and can't even finish the obstacle course after multiple tries, while we learn peach pulled it off flawlessly in one try.

Other than that blimp, the movie was great, loved the DK and mario kart part of the movie, meow.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My only problem with this excuse was they had Mario doing parkour rushing to their job in NY while having to help luigi through the construction site. But then they get sucked to mushroom kingdom and suddenly he's a stumbling newb and can't even finish the obstacle course after multiple tries, while we learn peach pulled it off flawlessly in one try.

Other than that blimp, the movie was great, loved the DK and mario kart part of the movie, meow.
I guess?... Its all in how you portray it to your real life examples. <Insert elite military unit here> have to do crazy shit out in the field and are generally, as a whole, very fit and mobile people. But I wouldnt expect them to flawlessly get through Ninja Warrior's obstacle course at a moments notice. Its not that they cant do it, its just that isnt what the hell they have practiced doing because.. in their world, half that shit is useless?

This opinion is just trying to find flaws where there are none. Simply, its a plot device to show that hes in their world and that what he thought he was good at in his world, could use improvement in theirs. Or in another point of view, if they brought in a max level character from the very beginning - would it have been an epic tale?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
If it wasn't for the mario kart scene, I think other than looking otherwise gorgeous to watch I would have disliked this movie.

I don't know who in their right mind, thought a plot about
bowser wanting to marry peach
would ever make sense for more than a second. The only part of the movie that made sense was when he was rallying them after battle talking about being the greatest army of all, and then he's going to go do that... and his army goes ".... what?"

Bowser playing the piano tune of his castles, the various quotes/throwbacks to old games, Peach owning face (but in a way that isn't like Marvels GIRL POWEEERRRRRR), Mario hating mushrooms and being forced to eat them (hilarious).

That's all offset by that wtf plot sandwich.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If it wasn't for the mario kart scene, I think other than looking otherwise gorgeous to watch I would have disliked this movie.

I don't know who in their right mind, thought a plot about
bowser wanting to marry peach
would ever make sense for more than a second. The only part of the movie that made sense was when he was rallying them after battle talking about being the greatest army of all, and then he's going to go do that... and his army goes ".... what?"

Bowser playing the piano tune of his castles, the various quotes/throwbacks to old games, Peach owning face (but in a way that isn't like Marvels GIRL POWEEERRRRRR), Mario hating mushrooms and being forced to eat them (hilarious).

That's all offset by that wtf plot sandwich.
Did you go in expecting a five dimensional plot from .. Mario.. in 2023?..

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I saw with my kids 2 and 4. They’re probably a shade young because they asked to go home during all bowser parts meaning scary. But then my 4 year old did a fist pump when Mario and crew started winning, so I felt it hit its mark. The plot was meh but come on…it’s a kids movie and was completely believable for a Mario plot. I am going to watch it again at home to find all the Easter eggs.

Peach not throwing a turnip is a missed opportunity. Also, I got a mild snif of woke with peach being so good but the last 15 minutes of the movie is Mario leading the charge as a badass. We call a draw imo because peach was ready for a mustache ride at the end.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Also I realize that Nintendo is going to go nuts with their properties after this but man I think both Metroid and Zelda would be worth dipping into live action budget. Shit, I think you could do a live action zelda TV series and recast the roles periodically with time jumps to similar looking actors to mimic the games.

Hear me out - Star Fox. Anthropomorphic animals flying space ships? Decent plot on level with a basic Pixar movie and that shit might print money. Zootopia in space. Kirby too. Nintendo has some great kid friendly franchises. Might lack the name recognition but slap a red Nintendo logo and we’ll all go.

• 3Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Also I realize that Nintendo is going to go nuts with their properties after this but man I think both Metroid and Zelda would be worth dipping into live action budget. Shit, I think you could do a live action zelda TV series and recast the roles periodically with time jumps to similar looking actors to mimic the games.

Hear me out - Star Fox. Anthropomorphic animals flying space ships? Decent plot on level with a basic Pixar movie and that shit might print money. Zootopia in space. Kirby too. Nintendo has some great kid friendly franchises. Might lack the name recognition but slap a red Nintendo logo and we’ll all go.
With Disney going to the way of racist against whites, lgbtq groomer bullshit, there is an opening in the market for a kids movie company. Nintendo definitely has the source material to fill that role.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
No. Not enough furries in the world to make that profitable. And even if there were would you really want to have them in close quarters with your children?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, I got a mild snif of woke with peach being so good
To be fair she's generally pretty strong outside of the core Mario franchise when she gets to do something other than wait to be rescued. One example is that she's been a mid to upper tier character throughout the time she's been playable in Smash Bros and is ranked 9/82 in the most recent one. Don't think she ever left my party in Mario RPG once you get her either.

• 3Like

spronk

FPS noob

the absolute best zelda iteration would be a Studio Ghibli Breath of the Wild movie but I doubt that will ever happen. It would be pretty insane though if Hayao Miyazaki came out of retirement for one last job. A Link/Zelda/Ganandorf dark movie in the style of Spirited Away would be crazy.

We'll probably get a smash brothers movie next, it lets them see what characters audiences care most about and make more movies about those.

• 3Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
To be fair she's generally pretty strong outside of the core Mario franchise when she gets to do something other than wait to be rescued. One example is that she's been a mid to upper tier character throughout the time she's been playable in Smash Bros and is ranked 9/82 in the most recent one. Don't think she ever left my party in Mario RPG once you get her either.
Does she beat people with a Frying Pan in this movie?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
No. Not enough furries in the world to make that profitable. And even if there were would you really want to have them in close quarters with your children?
This is also how I feel about anime.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I just recently learned that in Super Mario RPG if you have an invincibility star going and you swap characters at a precise time and the characters gain levels that come with new abilities those abilities go on different characters. You can start with Peach, get a star, swap to Geno, kill a room full of guys, level up and Peach gets Geno's big uber magic nuke. She's got the highest magic ability so that gives her the best heal with the best nuke.

• 3Like