Super Mario Odyssey

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Just played this for the first time tonight. Spent about 3.5 hours in the Sand Kingdom and was pretty surprised there are so many moons right off the bat. I nabbed 60 before I finally called it quits and I know there is at least two more that I saw, but hadn't gone after. Really enjoying it and glad I just got done beating Recore a few days ago so my jumping skills are on point.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Just played this for the first time tonight. Spent about 3.5 hours in the Sand Kingdom and was pretty surprised there are so many moons right off the bat. I nabbed 60 before I finally called it quits and I know there is at least two more that I saw, but hadn't gone after. Really enjoying it and glad I just got done beating Recore a few days ago so my jumping skills are on point.

Friendly bit of advice, don't go crazy trying to find every last moon in each stage, find enough to power the ship and move onto other worlds because once you beat the "final" boss, you'll unlock a bunch of new moons in every previous stage and then you'll be able to get them all truly. A nice balanced approach is to get all the moons you find on your way while completing the "main story" of each world and then when you feel like you're ready to see a new place, go to another world, that way you don't really get tired of each setting.

If I recall correctly, there's about 880 moons in the entire game, excluding the vendor moons you can just buy unlimited.

There's also a list on the map of each stage that shows all the moons in that stage, and you can buy hints from the parrot in every stage to tell you the names of the moons so you kind of know what you have to do to spawn it or where to find it. A ton of those moons are locked behind the "final boss" though so that's why I recommend beating the main story first.

I finished the game 100% a long time ago, but recently I picked it up again and a bunch of free costumes got downloaded and added to the store in game so I've been sometimes farming gold coins to buy them (some cost 9999 alone blah), found a nice spot where you can get about 250 gold in a minute or so and can be repeated ad nauseam so if you need a place to farm coins let me know! (It's pretty late in the game though!)

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I am not going to go crazy trying to find any more in that level as the ones I found were just pretty obvious so I figured I'd grab them. I highly doubt I'll 100% the game, it's not my thing as it makes otherwise fun games a chore. I've also never been a Pokemon fan =P

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I am not going to go crazy trying to find any more in that level as the ones I found were just pretty obvious so I figured I'd grab them. I highly doubt I'll 100% the game, it's not my thing as it makes otherwise fun games a chore. I've also never been a Pokemon fan =P

Fair enough, but just keep in mind after you finish the main story, there's three more worlds beyond that that require you to gather more moons to be accessible, a significant chunk of the game. :)